The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Showstopper, Game Has Become Unplayable

5ekmet

It seems no matter what I do to double check, Warframe continues to randomly crash, seems to be more biased towards Corpus maps or missions. I have hard crashed, not blue screened, not crashed to desktop, not just the computer will up and reboot and say it is a graphics related thing. No matter how I play the game, windowed or not, hardcore graphics or not, PhysX or not, I continue to crash randomly.

I have lost so many juicy alerts because of this, I have lost many precious drops because of this, and my Double EXP and Double Credit 90 boosts continue to dwindle down and waste away after buying the Stomp Prime Access package.

I don't know what to do. I just don't. I have just crashed three times in a row at the beginning of a mission, even while altering settings and just trying the game to run, but I cannot help but feel like I've just been robbed of $140.

My PC is just fine as no other game has this behavior. My general specs.

Please can somebody help me. I just want to play the game and not have wasted my money, I can't take this right now.

Windows 7 64bit, nVidia 6600GTX TI, 5gigs of DDR2 ram, and a Q9550 intel quad core. Everything is fully up to date, and normally I get fantastic frame rates and performance but the one game I want to play, I cannot and it drives me up the walls-

all the while, my big bonus to help me build tons of affinity and credits is bleeding away more and more.

Did you try turning it off and on? 

Try borderless fullscreen.

If not, then maybe you need to play on a better machine.

(OMG Darkfreack is here)

There is nothing to indicate that I do not have a quality machine. I can run and play Skyrim at 40-60 fps indoors and 30-40fps outdoors. Payday 2 runs at a nearly unstoppable 50-60fps. And a bunch of other games never exhibit any sort of issues. Genuinely frustrating when I see this being offered as advice because I know its not the PC.

After changing settings does nothing to help me, I just uninstall then reinstall the game. It is not very complicated, but it seems to solve most problems I get.

I had Steam verify the cache but I guess I am going to have to try this out next. I always had some hard crashing, like maybe once a week but now I get two or three per 2 hour game session and its getting worse it looks.

There is nothing to indicate that I do not have a quality machine. I can run and play Skyrim at 40-60 fps indoors and 30-40fps outdoors. Payday 2 runs at a nearly unstoppable 50-60fps. And a bunch of other games never exhibit any sort of issues. Genuinely frustrating when I see this being offered as advice because I know its not the PC.

Eheh. Sorry I kinda didn't read the fine print there. 

One other way is to see if you're running at the optimum clockspeed. 

Another alternative to boost performance is using multi-threaded rendering and Dx11(has to be both).

Other than that, I have no idea how to help.

try disabling DX11 from the laucher. also, nvidia 6600 gt is a very old card and warframe does not support it. maybe you meant nvidiia 660 gtx ti? if so, the card itself is known to crash some games. download latest drivers, reinstall the game, check the temparture, etc...if you havent.

edit: Ohh, and keep us posted. good luck.

Edited by locojuan

Pardon me, it was the 660 GTX TI. The 6600 GTX from a decade ago never had a Titanium edition (TI). I have checked all the above and have the latest drivers. Again, this is all ground I am retreading. I will double check about DX11.

Put in a support ticket after each crash. Pay attention to instructions for submitting your dxdiag log with it.

1: Steam is not crashing, the whole PC does a reboot cycle.

2: Could I get a link to the ticket submitting?

My specs are very similar to yours. Q9550, 4GB DDr2, Win7 64bit, but a GTX 560.  I have almost no problems with Warframe, although, after U13 I did have many consistent crashes. Those no longer happen though.  I have no suggestions besides also disabling DX11.  Don't know if this will help at all.  Good luck.

Edited by sektor2001

It seems no matter what I do to double check, Warframe continues to randomly crash, seems to be more biased towards Corpus maps or missions. I have hard crashed, not blue screened, not crashed to desktop, not just the computer will up and reboot and say it is a graphics related thing. No matter how I play the game, windowed or not, hardcore graphics or not, PhysX or not, I continue to crash randomly.

I have lost so many juicy alerts because of this, I have lost many precious drops because of this, and my Double EXP and Double Credit 90 boosts continue to dwindle down and waste away after buying the Stomp Prime Access package.

I don't know what to do. I just don't. I have just crashed three times in a row at the beginning of a mission, even while altering settings and just trying the game to run, but I cannot help but feel like I've just been robbed of $140.

My PC is just fine as no other game has this behavior. My general specs.

Please can somebody help me. I just want to play the game and not have wasted my money, I can't take this right now.

Windows 7 64bit, nVidia 6600GTX TI, 5gigs of DDR2 ram, and a Q9550 intel quad core. Everything is fully up to date, and normally I get fantastic frame rates and performance but the one game I want to play, I cannot and it drives me up the walls-

all the while, my big bonus to help me build tons of affinity and credits is bleeding away more and more.

It's got nothing to do with his hardware I've been having the same trouble on my machine as well which is AMD all around. The game randomly freezes on loading and only closes when you use task manager. There have been more crashes on this game as of late and it has nothing to do with anyones hardware it's just a bug that needs fixing. Only ones who can do anything about it are DE. Changing settings or disableing DX11 won't help here. Also yes it is only Warframe that behaves like this. Everything else I play (Garry's Mod , Saints Row 4 , Borderlands 2 , PSO2) all run without incident on the most badass settings I can place them on.

Specs : 

AMD FX8350

AMD Radeon HD 7870

8GB of DDR3 RAM

Windows 8.1

7200rpm HDD (500GB)x2

M5A99FX Motherboard (ASUS)

850w PSU

Edited by XxSeether1992xX

My BF runs my older rig that's very similar to yours but would be the AMD version. I built it with an AMD card and CPU with a standard HD and Windows 7 64 bit. I would suggest not worrying about the CPU and RAM as they're probably both fine (but running MEMtest might help), I would suggest getting an SSD drive for your games (helped mine alot) and I would suggest cleaning out your desktop tower. Its possible that your system is overheating while running this game because it is so resource intensive, mine is crazy resource intensive. At the very least it will help your PC. 

On a side note I would suggest reviewing all of the processes running on your system as well and I would check your firewall settings and verify that warframe is running without restricted access.

My older rig is an AMD Phenom x4 first gen, with 4GB 800mhz DDR2, gigabyte 760g motherboard, an AMD 6850 stock settings, 2 7,200 RPM HDs, one 4,200 RPM HD and 650watt PC Power & Cooling PSU. The best solution I've found to keep mine running well is controlling processes, cleaning it regularly (software and hardware) and checking it for RAM errors using MEMtest as I've had this system go through one motherboard and 3 sets of RAM along with my older 8800GT graphics card. The graphics card was heat related along with the second set of RAM. 

• 2 weeks later...

1: Steam is not crashing, the whole PC does a reboot cycle.

2: Could I get a link to the ticket submitting?

Take a look at critical events in event view. Could be heat, if you system boots. You can also download open hardware monitor to view the max temps. Then reference the TJMAX of you cpu and board. Most likely the two things that will cause thermal shutdowns. if not thermal, event logs may tell you.