Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attica

Knightmarez

Costs 1 forma and performs TERRIBAD.

I would like to see this weapon offer a unique FPS experience, not just be another rifle firing blots with a nice model

I accept that it's dps can't be the same as the boltor prime, or anything like that...fair enough.

HOWEVER

It should still be well....a crossbow!

remove the silly clip thing, make it fire 1 arrow. make that arrow be *Amazing*.
Lots of impact And Puncture.
Fast flying
Inate punchthough.
High elemental/crit chance.

Something REALLY nice.

BUT

make it a Single shot with a LOOOONG reload. Cripplingly slow. painfully slow. Even with Fast Hands omg when will this thing fire-omg i just jumped down and did a roll Rage RAGE RAGEslow.

Like a *real* cross bow.

All it is now is a bad rifle firing bolts with a cool looking skin.

My suggestion makes it something with perhaps one of the highest single shot damage in the game, but at am extreme unwieldly disadvantage.

Make it the slowest reload *in the game*. but with epic one-shot-damage.

Edited by Knightmarez

Idk, for me it`s pretty powerful... Ok i havent tried it against level bazillion dudes, but right now it`s fully ranked and i`m satisfied by it... But apparently the majority, and the more veteran players consider it a garbage gun.

But your idea about a crossbow with a week long reload sounds fun. I mean it would be a slow shooter, but when you`d shoot it, THEY WOULD FEEL IT.

so make it a sniper? The problem is nobody uses sniper rifles in this game because they're overkill will low ammo count. They don't really fit the fast pace. 

But I do wish that this had been the design of the attica in the first place

Edited by SteeleTheShow

History would disagree with you. It is actually a crossbow.

Zhugenu-payne.jpg

As for the rest of what you've said: You want to go and change everything about the weapon to be from a repeating crossbow to a sniper that not a lot of people will be happy with. I disagree with this idea.

What I do agree with is that some numbers could be changed to make it more appealing but whether or not it needs to be is up to DE.

Edited by Armouredhunter

Believe it or not, attica is pretty good if you actually modded it to be a "bad rifle that shoot bolts". Just forget about modding it into sniping weapon and mod it like semi auto rifle. Prioritize magazine size and reload speed and it'll be a surprisingly decent weapon.

Costs 1 forma and performs TERRIBAD.

I would like to see this weapon offer a unique FPS experience, not just be another rifle firing blots with a nice model

I accept that it's dps can't be the same as the boltor prime, or anything like that...fair enough.

HOWEVER

remove the silly clip thing, make it fire 1 arrow. make that arrow be *Amazing*.

Lots of impact And Puncture.

Fast flying

Inate punchthough.

High elemental/crit chance.

Something REALLY nice.

BUT

make it a Single shot with a LOOOONG reload. Cripplingly slow. painfully slow. Even with Fast Hands omg when will this thing fire-omg i just jumped down and did a roll Rage RAGE RAGEslow.

Like a *real* cross bow.

All it is now is a bad rifle firing bolts with a cool looking skin.

My suggestion makes it something with perhaps one of the highest single shot damage in the game, but at am extreme unwieldly disadvantage.

The problem with this suggestion is it will make in infinitely worse than the bows in the game. There would be no point using something like that, when every other single shot weapon will preform a hell of a lot better than it, due to the insane damage and instant reload speed. Charge speed is very easy to ignore, my Paris Prime is charges basically instantly, to the point I can basically use my PP as a point and click weapon.

Also there are crossbows with clips, as the picture above my post demonstrates. 

And lastly, I actually find the Attica pretty good. It's considered garbage because it's not the next Soma, but modded right it can actually be pretty effective. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

A cross bow doesn't take all tat long to reload.

1. Lower weapon, insert foot to brace - 1 sec

2. Pull back string - 0.5 sec

3. Insert arrow - 1 sec, tops

4. FIRE!

2.5 sec is not crazy long reload, fast hands would make that more than managable. Artificially inflating the reload time would make the weapon feel off for those of us that have used a crossbow (maybe even those of us who've seen a real crosbow)

Eh.  It's the first weapon of its kind really.  The damage is a bit underwhelming but that's all that's underwhelming about it.  Boltor was a full auto bolt-launcher, bows are snipers with gravity-affected projectiles.  Attica is somewhere in the middle.

I will agree that if it requires a forma to build and research as well, it should probably be a good weapon, though.  Spectra is another good example of this.  You can buy a Penta BP for credits on the market and start building it right away if you have the materials.  Can't do that for the Spectra or Attica.  Guess I just think you should get more bang for your buck.

As with most weapons, mod it appropriately and you should have no issues. I haven't had any problems taking it to 40+ void survivals. It has its weaknesses but all weapons tend to. High puncture dmg and low impact makes it less effective against corpus. Other then that if you can practice aiming and leading your shots the only huge issue is if you don't like it on a personal basis. Not against tweaking it though, the fact that it has a slower projectile speed and more bullet drop then a bow is kind of odd to say the least. As far as reload times goes, well it is a repeating crossbow after all. The repeating aspect of it means its going to realistically be less powerful and take longer to reload then a single shot crossbow.

Note: I said tweaking it. A complete overhaul as you suggested would kind of ruin it I suspect. Maybe alter the  numbers. But right now I'm running a crit build on it and its works great. fast hands and hammer shot etc. The only thing i'd change is maybe increase the base dmg a bit.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

well *some* crossbows maybe had the clip. but it's DPS is so poor.
Even so, back in the old days i bet the reload time was appalling.

I still think my idea of Smaller clip size, Longest reload in the game , higher damage, overal same dps......is the way to go. The weapons should *feel* different. They should be extreme in their strengths and weaknesses, not just grey goo

I still think my idea of Smaller clip size, Longest reload in the game , higher damage, overal same dps......is the way to go. The weapons should *feel* different. They should be extreme in their strengths and weaknesses, not just grey goo

Again every bow in the game would make that obsolete, because they have instant reload and can out damage pretty much anything else, without the need of forma. My Paris prime and Dread can both hit over 20k damage, and neither of them have been formad. Yes they are tricky weapons to get, but my Ceranos, can also hit somewhere in the 20k's, without Forma, and my Paris, with one forma, is also able to one-shot pretty much anything. 

If you want it to be unique, that's fine, but do it in a way that it wont be compared to the bows of the game, because unless it shoots nukes, it's not going to be favorable for the Attica. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Repeating crossbows had a clip. regular ones did not. Also remember we are working with future space ninja crossbows here. The tech is likely much better then a million-billion years ago. I'd rather see an increase in base dmg (slight) and a faster projectile speed comparable with the bows. Historically even repeating crossbows were significantly more powerful the bows in terms of speed and impact to the target. Which is why the pope banned them not long after they were invented as they were deemed "to cruel". there major short coming was dreadful reload speed and the strength required to draw back the mechanism when reloading. They were the first for of sniper i guess you could say. 

I'm doing fine with Attica and 2.2 Reload time. Deals decent damage with my current build, surprisingly efficient on critical headshots (more than other weapons)

Only thing i'm still frustrated about is the projectile speed... But then again it makes leading a good challenge... I guess... (Especially when AI Grineer is running in circles before hiding, such a troll)

The crossbow in my video had 3 times the draw strength of the english longbow. It fires half as slow.
Fine, its the future, it should have a clip size of 3-4, but the reload should be SLOOOOW, and the damage should be higher. WAY higher.

The reload should be the slowest in the game, with the bolt damage to increased to compensate.

Hey, lets make it Fun, Lets give it super-high CRIT chance. So that with corrupted max mods, the cit chance is 200% , guaranteed double critical.

Balance it so it isn't better than a paris prime, but still unique and fun.

it's a dojo weapon that costs a forma and its worse than the boltor. Not the boltor prime, the @(*()$ bolter.

AND its got ZERO Character. its just a bad boltor with a cool skin. it doesn't FEEL like a crossbow.

Edited by Knightmarez

The crossbow in my video had 3 times the draw strength of the english longbow. It fires half as slow.

Fine, its the future, it should have a clip size of 3-4, but the reload should be SLOOOOW, and the damage should be higher. WAY higher.

The reload should be the slowest in the game, with the bolt damage to increased to compensate.

Hey, lets make it Fun, Lets give it super-high CRIT chance. So that with corrupted max mods, the cit chance is 200% , guaranteed double critical.

Balance it so it isn't better than a paris prime, but still unique and fun.

it's a dojo weapon that costs a forma and its worse than the boltor. Not the boltor prime, the @(*()$ bolter.

AND its got ZERO Character. its just a bad weapon with a cool skin.

That would just break it entirely. Either way, apart from the projectile speed and base dmg its perfectly fine. You can easily give it a 50%+ crit chance with mods.  Chuck on vital sense, point strike, hammershot, shred, fasthands, splitchamber and whatever else take syour facny and you will be destroying most high level enemies in no time. especially with shred because that gives it a decent capacity for some crowed control.

No it wouldn't BREAK IT ENTIRELY wow. The Devs can tweak any number they want.
Right now its dps DOESNT go as high as you are claiming.

Look watch this

See? The soul of a crossbow isn't about Reload, It isn't about anything except hitting power.
Long reload. Epic damage. unwieldy and slow. that's how it should FEEL.

The fact you slapped some mods on it like any other rifle in the game and made it into a pseudo bolter that costs a forma is irrelevant.

Its a repeating crossbow remember. That changes it a bit. Removes some of the power and accuracy for DPS.

Hows that irrelevant? the whole point of mods is to compensate for disadvantages like a slow reload time and to better a weapons strong points.

Why so aggressive because I disagree with you?

I found a way to make the attica perfectly usable and compensate for its short comings. If that upsets you then, sorry man but I'm not saying you have to like it. I'm just explaining why I disagree. And yeah the DPS is acceptable for what it is. Shred, fasthands and speed trigger make this thing not only fire significantly faster but also allows it to tear through crowds. 

Edited by StinkyPygmy

so make it a sniper? The problem is nobody uses sniper rifles in this game because they're overkill will low ammo count. They don't really fit the fast pace. 

But I do wish that this had been the design of the attica in the first place

People don't use Snipers because of Bows.

I've seen plenty of Paris Primes.

Usually, people with bows have secondary weapons for the fast pace gameplay.