The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Still Want A Grineer-Based Warframe.

Sasquatchias

Valkyr only has restraints left on, there is nothing Corpus that _contributes_ to Valkyr's functionality.

Energy claws coming from the restraints don't count as Corpus themed? I think a decent point, though, is the experimentation/torture that changes the Warframe.

While Corpus experimentation made Valkyr angry and supposedly changed her abilities based on her anger, a Grineer tortured frame would probably be more on the insane side of the spectrum. That's something that could be worth investing time into.

This is also something I want. The Grineer have the biggest personality, clearly have some Orokin technology (Seer, and it's theorized to be involved with the enhancements to Ruk and Hek). They could do something.

Plus, Vauban was supposed to be a bit Corpus-ey and Valkyr dresses like a crewman. It's about time we had a Grineer frame (that isn't Rhino, who has the same shoulders as a corrupted lancer) who was as Grineer as they can be.

In fact, I know what I want out of a Grineer frame. I think it's too rough to bother with the fan concept section, but my mistake if it belongs somewhere else.

Stats:
Whenever I look at a fan concept, they seem to want to make sure their pet dragon/demon/darknedgy/turbonarutolasergod frame is "top tier." I'm specifically skipping the stats because of this.

Powers:
Damage powers kind of suck, utility powers are good and scale well. CC is good and the ability to assist other players is good. Knockdown powers are funny to use, when you send enemies flopping around on the ground. I want these to reflect what the Grineer do and how they do it, which tends to be loud and with a lot of exploding.

Seismic Punch - 25 energy. Low/No damage ragdoll. Stun/knockdown immunity during cast. See how those heavy gunners who seem to just wait behind doors to punch you down like it when you return the favor. Maybe a bit too much like Rhino's stomp, but there is no suspend involved and enemies are thrown, like players are when on the receiving end, rather than bounced straight up.

Electrified Harpoon - 50 energy. Corpus robots hate puncture and electric, Scorpions have harpoons, and a Grineer frame would be very Grineer if it had a super, corpus-hating harpoon. Let it puncture 3 enemies doing puncture damage, give it a little area electric proc to stun others not hit, then pseudo-ripline the struck enemies away. I want to use this to help teammates when surrounded. Make a hole in a crowd and stun the rest. Maybe too much like ripline, but I don't care.

Deploy Shield - 75 energy. A big shield, maybe using some sort of warframe energy technology. Held in front of you when crouch walking, large enough to cover teammates beside you. Melee attack replaced with knockdown shield bash with that wonderful CLANG sound effect. Too snowglobe? Too volt shield? Lets be honest here, it's really hard to come up with powers that are both useful and totally unique. Limited to secondary weapon while it's out, like a shield lancer or one of the G3. Limit it by damage or time. Time would be the best option.

Missile Barrage - 100, of course. An ult that can be fired while running, like Vauban's powers. Powered up Hellion missiles everywhere. Blast procs and knockdown. I don't care how useless it is at high levels, it will be hilarious at all levels. Why doesn't it interrupt actions? Because the Grineer want a frame that can shoot while it shoots. You heard me. I think it sounds fun to sprint and slide while spewing missiles from my back.

Helmets:
Standard Grineer mask - It's a cool mask, and iconic of their faction. Of course they'd bolt one on to take ownership.
Lech Kril Conehead - No reason to skip out on another unique Grineer mask.
Even more frowny Grustrag face, I'm talking full on comical frown with their goofy eyes. - Because Grineer. There are a lot of attempts to make things cool that tend to come off as trying too hard. With two totally legit helmet options, one jokey helmet option that also fits the faction is hardly out of the question.

Unique Syandana:
Maybe some big hoses like Vor and Kril have, with a couple left to dangle. Possibly venting steam. Who doesn't like venting steam?

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

It's highly likely it will be an earth-themed frame.

But seriously, Typhus is getting too much hype. It's really good artwork but mediocre mechanics.

This. I'm sure we're going to get it but if they make it how it is described it's going to be complained about incessantly (not that that isn't the case with every single warframe ever).

Given the level of effort the Grineer have put into killing Tenno rather than researching them in comparison to the Corpus, it's almost unfair that they should be able to produce anything using Orokin technology.

The Corpus have Valkyr, their Anti-Moas, Oxium Ospreys, and Fusion Moas.

The Grineer have the Seer.  That one pistol.

Just from a lore perspective.

I want to see a few frames that incorporate Grineer and Corpus design aesthetics.  It even makes sense to have some Warframes that look the part of the factions that employ us.

Plus, they could have innate bonuses and penalties for being theme cooperative, ya know?  The Grineer-inspired Warframe buffs/is buffed by Grineer troops when working for them, but also buffs the Grineer if working against them, since it pisses them off.  The audacity, the arrogance, the insult of wearing the Grineer suit while fighting against the Grineer?  Tear him apart!

I'd also like a very Corpus-y frame, or some skins.  Heck, the Grineer one could be a skin, even.

And while we're on the topic, you know these new Armor bits?  We need Corpus, Grineer, and Prime sets of armor bits.  Maybe even some gross, biological Infested bits.

Looking at Valkyr as Corpus 'inspired', I would say that the Grineer themed Tenno wouldn't so much be developed by them, but survived the study.

I'm thinking a stealthy scavenger warframe that could be found in the shipyards. His first two abilities would be based on survival and super utility,

(All ammo is universal for x seconds.)

(Health orbs replenish stamina as well in x area)

(non-attacking stealth)(mobility power of some kind)

(Enemy sense)

His last two would be buffs to show how the longer he lives the deadlier he gets. These would be heavier on energy requirements, 100-150, but they would have a large influence over the tide of battle. Not CC per se.

(All weapons 100% proc)

(ROF Increase)

(Health orbs increase Armor)

(All teammates get a minor Rhino Armor from scrapped supplies)

(Landmines or the shock plates the Grineer use)

Stuff like that. We need a frame that offers more for their team and less effect on the enemy. A support frame where it benefits to stick together.

I don't see why you couldn't have the same situation as Valkyr with the Grineer.

Granted, they're way less advanced than the corpus so they'd just try welding a ton of guns onto it instead.

Dakkaframe confirmed.

While we are at it, paint it in Grineer colours and give it a patriotic name.

Given the level of effort the Grineer have put into killing Tenno rather than researching them in comparison to the Corpus, it's almost unfair that they should be able to produce anything using Orokin technology.

The Corpus have Valkyr, their Anti-Moas, Oxium Ospreys, and Fusion Moas.

The Grineer have the Seer.  That one pistol.

Just from a lore perspective.

Don't forget the Zanuka Project.

It might be a stretch, but Sargas Ruk may be partially integrated with Orokin tech considering how he's a major Artifact Hunter in the Grineer army.

Edited by Xandis

Don't forget the Zanuka Project.

It might be a stretch, but Sargas Ruk may be partially integrated with Orokin tech considering how he's a major Artifact Hunter in the Grineer army.

Plus going by his abilities/enhancements and the trailer Captain Vor knows a bit about Orokin stuff.

Energy claws coming from the restraints don't count as Corpus themed? I think a decent point, though, is the experimentation/torture that changes the Warframe.

While Corpus experimentation made Valkyr angry and supposedly changed her abilities based on her anger, a Grineer tortured frame would probably be more on the insane side of the spectrum. That's something that could be worth investing time into.

Why would restraints contain the tech to produce "energy claws"? Those are just projected from the Warframe just like the "projectiles" in other Ultimates. Maybe Valkyr used to manifest a spear or sword energy melee weapon and this is all that's left of that ability, whatever the reason the restraints are unlikely to have anything to do with it.

Grineer themed warframe?

With mechanical augmentations?

Yes please.

I'm sure that it could be incorporated in game without breaking the (almost non-existent) lore. Maybe it could be designed by Tyl Regor, he's one of the smartest Grineer after all.

As for lore...

Even the simplest idea, Grineer experiment on captured Tenno (Naked Nicks and alike).

Kind of stupid, I know.

That would rip a hole in the lore since all warframe suits (with a exception to valkyr) were made by orokin

Valkyr was not made by the Corpus. She was captured, tortured, experimented on, and her suit (warframe) was flayed while she was still in it by Alad V. She was not made by the Corpus!