The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommend Me A Free-To-Play

JefPlays

For when Warframe is down / I'm bored. Preferably on Steam, pretty open about what to try unless it's a MOBA / weird weeaboo crap / blatantly P2W.

Stuff I've played already:

TF2

Tribes: Ascend

Blacklight: Retribution

Planetside 2

Hawken

Path of Exile

Firefall

Hopefully someone reading this might find something they're interested in too.

GO!

Edited by Jeffrey94

Magicka Wizard Wars is definitely fun, and has quite the high skill ceiling, even without gear to improve your stats.

I could go on, but I want you to go through it for yourself and have your opinion on it first hand!

GHOST RECON PHANTOMS!! (formerly ghost recon online)

tbh I had more fun playing that than warframe, but too bad the game doesn't support my GPU (or some other problems that lead to constant crashing, making it simply unplayable on my computer). Nonetheless it is a very tactical, intense and fun game.

i have to say their wiki is also quite terrible, but that's irrelevant :p

Edited by ChickenBar

War Thunder!

Planes and tanks and (Eventually) ships, all fighting together. Very well made and fun game, once you're not puttering about in a biplane. Hah.

Either way, do Realistic/Historical battles to get the most fun out of the game. Arcade... Sucks.

GHOST RECON PHANTOMS!! (formerly ghost recon online)

tbh I had more fun playing that than warframe, but too bad the game doesn't support my GPU (or some other problems that lead to constant crashing, making it simply unplayable on my computer). Nonetheless it is a very tactical, intense and fun game.

i have to say their wiki is also quite terrible, but that's irrelevant :p

i play that to and like it enough to buy the recon starter pack (did it because i got tired of continuously farming in-game cash and only getting less then 500 per match......so many things are expensive about this game -_- BUT it does require skill. bad side? it also requires better and more expensive guns to be able to do anything to the other team :/ so much cash for everything.

other then how expensive it is i LOVE it and JUST finished playing it!

Loadout is pretty fun if your looking to play for a little while. its VERY comical and VERY messy(but comical) when it comes to body parts and blood. you can make your own unique weapons (sorta). i never forked over any cash and im doing a decent job in it so its a cool gme to spend some time when warframe is down.

War Thunder!

Planes and tanks and (Eventually) ships, all fighting together. Very well made and fun game, once you're not puttering about in a biplane. Hah.

Either way, do Realistic/Historical battles to get the most fun out of the game. Arcade... Sucks.

I believe world of tanks is way more enjoyable, for me anyway

Edited by xelle

Loadout is pretty fun if your looking to play for a little while. its VERY comical and VERY messy(but comical) when it comes to body parts and blood. you can make your own unique weapons (sorta). i never forked over any cash and im doing a decent job in it so its a cool gme to spend some time when warframe is down.

To add onto this statement, the nice thing with loadout, with regards to the payment model, is the only way to pretty much get guns and weapon parts is through blutes, the ingame currency.

The only stuff people can pay for  with real money are cosmetics and slots.

To add onto this statement, the nice thing with loadout, with regards to the payment model, is the only way to pretty much get guns and weapon parts is through blutes, the ingame currency.

The only stuff people can pay for  with real money are cosmetics and slots.

like warframe :D

Maplestory...

Uhhh, no, inb4 habbo hotel....

Also to the above, defiance looks pretty fun, might actually start playing it more than warframe if I like it.

downloading it now, thanks

6 hours remaining ;\

Edited by xelle

Uhhh, no, inb4 habbo hotel....

Also to the above, defiance looks pretty fun, might actually start playing it more than warframe if I like it.

downloading it now, thanks

6 hours remaining ;\

Save yourself. Do not spend any cash on their in-game items.

I had preordered the game after playing the beta.

Then they balanced all of the weapons in a PvE game around the PvP aspect.

The DLCs were all a letdown as well.

The price dropped from a full $60 to $15+ Within two months.

My money would have been more useful for a few seconds worth of heat by burning it in the winter.