Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flack's Knight Warframe Skillset Concept.

Flackenstien

Name: TEMPLAR (..is all I can think of, so give me some better names.)

Playstyle: Use the way of the knight to defeat thine enemies.
Appearance: Knight + Space Ninja. Armored, but not bulky like Rhino or Frost.
Approximate Stats:
bTMDwsD.png
Abilities:
● CAVALRY
Cost: 25 Energy
Causes up to 8/10/12/15 nearby enemies within line of sight to charge you with melee attacks, pulling aggro away from your allies for 10/12/15/18 seconds.
Priorities closer enemies.
Initial cast staggers affected enemies.
As aggro'd enemies fall, new enemies may be aggro'd.
Increases your Melee Critical chance by 20/30/40/50% (of your current total).

Duration is affected by Power Duration.
Number of enemies aggro'd, and Critical chance boost are affected by Power Strength.

● RALLY
Cost: 75 Energy
A radial buff in the form of a morale boost that increases the Melee damage of you and your fellow Tenno by 10/20/35/50%, returns 1/2/4/5% of damage dealt to Stamina, and also causes enemies slain by Melee to have an increased chance of dropping Energy Orbs.
Duration of 7/10/12/15 seconds.

Damage boost, and Energy Orb drop chance are affected by Power Strength.
Radius is affected by Power Range.

● COAT OF ARMS
Cost: 50 Energy
A skill which converts your Shields into an even more protective suit of energy armor, granting 20/30/40/50% damage reduction to your Shields for 10/12/15/18 seconds.
Restores your Shields to 100/100/125/150% upon activation, and the skill expires when your Shields reach 0.
Allows you to resist knockdowns, but does not stop staggers, stuns/status, trap doors, disruption, and ect.
Adds knight-like energy armor visuals to your Warframe.
Cannot be recast to replenish shields or restart the duration until the timer is up.

Damage reduction is affected by Power Strength.

● OLDE ARMORY
Cost: Toggleable, initial cost of 20~50 Energy.
A skill that randomly spawns one of three different energy Melee weapons for you to wield.

The weapons have a 2x Crit multiplier, with a 25% Crit chance, and a 50% Status chance.
Their attack rate, Critical damage, Critical chance, are affected by your melee mods, much like Hysteria.
Their damage is affected by Power Strength.
The weapons are as follows:

- A Sword & Shield:
Deals 520 Slash/Puncture damage with swift attacks (slashes deal Slash, thrusts deal Puncture).
Blocking has innate 20/25/50/75% chance for damage reflection with a 1.5x/2x/3x/4x multiplier, which also knocks over enemy Melee attackers (neither Block-related stat is affected by mods).

- A Giant Battleaxe:
Deals 976 Slash damage with slow, but wide range swings.

- A Giant Flail:
Deals 520 Impact + 380 Slash damage with slow, but earth-shattering blows that stagger, and knock down nearby enemies.

Edited by Flackenstien

First power seems a tad weak. Drawing all aggro seems like it should have something else it does to boost him.

Second skill is a less-newbie version of ironskin. Kind of interesting, but would be awkward to balance against how ironskin works.

Third skill is interesting. Very similar to rhino roar, though. I like the energy orb chance boost part, that's rather unique right now.

Fourth skill... it sounds interesting, but having to deal with the rng to get the one you want seems like it'd be irritating. Should instead be related to your status when using--if you're blocking, get the S&S, if you're moving, get the axe, if you're standing still, get the flail.

For a good name, I'd go with "Arete"(meaning virtue, excellence, fulfillment of purpose).

Overall, it's interesting, but it seems like it needs a little more oomph/flavor. It comes off a tad underpowered(especially since your ult is just doing basic physical damage), and it does seem vaguely rhinoish.

I think adding a speed buff(both regular and melee) to the first power, on top of the slight melee boost you already listed, would make it decent enough.

As for the ult, you're right, it does have a bit of a valkyr sense to it, but it lacks both the healing and immortality of hers. In fact, it comes off a bit weak because of that. I'd say toss the idea of "slow" on these weapons, or make it highly relative--to make up for the lack of support it grants(it's literally ONLY a weapon), the said weapons should have a base damage treble of what you'd expect a "regular" version to have, the powers you noted, and an attack speed somewhere around 2.
That might sound crazy until you remember this is eating your energy as you use it, and that this needs to be on-par with the destructive power of things like molecular prime or rhino stomp.

So, if it had weapons of godliness from the ult(I'd include a spear too, summoned by sliding while casting), and the additional speed buff from drawing all aggro, that would balance it, and allow you to tune exactly what level of mighty warrior you want to become at a given moment, with an option to basically shut off everything and run for it if need be. As a bonus, the speed buff on the aggro draw would allow your team to set ambushes rather than the standard "firing at eachother down corridors" thing, as enemies would/should follow you if you make a strategic retreat, drawing them in.

Also, on double-checking, he needs more stamina, or to have a chance to generate stamina(or lower stamina costs) on his powers--perhaps stamina orbs from slain enemies on the #3, lower costs on the summoned weapon, and lower-yet costs while donning the shield powerup.... and maaaaaaaaaaybe while under the affects of his #1, but that's iffy on whether or not it makes the power too strong.

1.) First power seems a tad weak. Drawing all aggro seems like it should have something else it does to boost him.

2.) Second skill is a less-newbie version of ironskin. Kind of interesting, but would be awkward to balance against how ironskin works.

3.) Third skill is interesting. Very similar to rhino roar, though. I like the energy orb chance boost part, that's rather unique right now.

4.) Fourth skill... it sounds interesting, but having to deal with the rng to get the one you want seems like it'd be irritating. Should instead be related to your status when using--if you're blocking, get the S&S, if you're moving, get the axe, if you're standing still, get the flail.

5.) Overall, it's interesting, but it seems like it needs a little more oomph/flavor. It comes off a tad underpowered(especially since your ult is just doing basic physical damage), and it does seem vaguely rhinoish.

6.) Also, on double-checking, he needs more stamina...

1.) I added a Critical Hit chance buff for his melee attacks to his [1]. Edit: Also, the ability not only draws aggro, but disarms them, bringing them into your territory, Melee. That alone seems very powerful.

2.) Iron Skin is cheaper to maintain, and ignores all sorts of stuns, or staggers, and also blocks Toxin damage. But Knight's armor is a massive damage reduction that, when used properly, can be kept up indefinitely. 

They're both damage reduction/blocking abilities, so it's pretty tough to make them feel different.. suggestions are welcome.

3.) Yeah, after I made it I realized the skill was like 1/3 of Roar mixed with an inverted Desecrate.. But it only buffs Melee damage, and can be used in tandem with those abilities, which adds further synergy to the Warframes. 

We only had Energy Vampire for regaining Energy though, and this Knight's abilities drain quite alot, so I figured I'd give him a way to replenish it.

4.) The skill is toggleable, so if you get the undesired weapon, you can just try turning it off and on again.

That's the reason why I made it toggleable, but it's also cool to be able to swap weapons on the fly.

5.) Yeah, it lacks flavor due to the abilities accidentally ending up similar to already existing abilities.. it jsut kinda happened.

As for the power of the frame, I had forgotten to mention how powerful his [4] really is. 

I think this guy would be pretty fierce on the battlefield though..

With constant damage reduction, and access to very powerful energy weapons for different situations, and skills for replenishing the Energy required for those skills, aswell as boosting his Melee capabilities and drawing enemies towards him, and away from your allies..

I think he'd be enjoyable to play, assuming his skillset is actually possible to achieve, since he has multiple toggleable skills that you'd need to use at the same time.

6.) I added a Stamina buff to Rally. 

I've made some changes in the OP.

@CosmoKnight: Those names are nice, but I'd want a more knight-like European name, rather than Roman ones.

Edited by Flackenstien

• 1 month later...