Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Guardian Statues (Mob And Maybe Boss?)

EVAtemplar117

I'm sure plenty of people have already suggested something like this, but here we go...

rih7NF8.png

Statues from the Orokin era showing their mastery of both art and warfare, they stand ever vigilant guarding treasures of the past.

Starting from the left, is a melee focused unit using an Orthos Prime and round shield.

Middle is a unit that supports others with buffs and debuffs players.

And right is a ranged unit with dual boltor primes for arms.

Drone for reference

other recent posts:

Kubrow Armor Set: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/234188-kubrow-fur-armor-set-why-not/

YOU'VE MUTILATED MY BABY! ORTHOS PRIME NOOOOO!

Also, dem Boltor Prime arms. Do not want. But want so much ;p

Void needs new tricks to make it interesting.

Sure does remind me of a cross between a creature out of the  Metroid Prime series, and the final boss from Megaman Legends: Megaman Juno.

"ARE YOU READY?" I can hear his vile voice already.....

But whata concept, those little drones becoming something like a boss...

*snip*

You should have rigged it up and put it into a more menacing pose like.

Also someone complained about the face being all creepy like, yeah, err... how about you make that part all golden glowy like? Turn the material of the face translucent, and golden diffuse colour, slap some light source behind it? I can't imagine how that would look like though...

But overall pretty good and somewhat fast work, gj!

Edited by Separius

I didn't take the time to read through all the comments so if this idea has come up already I apologize.

What if these were the boss to what would be the equivalent to Void Excavation missions? We would be sent to the Void with the express purpose of finding some kind of artifact, and these would be the things guarding the treasure room. So I guess it would be more like an Assassination mission in the way it plays out, but that's where I would want to see them.

P.S. Have you considered making the Infested version of these things? 

Edit: What if instead of Stalker showing up in the Void (or G3 or Zanuka for that matter) these are the Void equivalent to them. And you can't fully destroy them. You have to fight them off while running to extraction. That would be one of the most terrifying things I can imagine. Especially if they kill the lights when they show up so you have to use the flashlight to navigate.

Edited by IAreNelson

sooo................... 4 hours later, here's what I did (i know i forgot some details here and there, but I tried)

-snip

I don't know about other people, but the chest looks awfully weird.

I think it would look better flat, not trying to insinuate a sexual discussion but having breast doesn't really make it look that nice in my opinion.

From how it see it, it ruins the smooth flowing natural of the body.

Edited by Niryco

I don't know about other people, but the chest looks awfully weird.

I think it would look better flat, not trying to insinuate a sexual discussion but having breast doesn't really make it look that nice in my opinion.

From how it see it, it ruins the smooth flowing natural of the body.

This.

Huge statues watching silently over ancient treasures... sounds like something the Orokin would do. Also currently I don't understand how the Tower's Neural Sentry gets the head gear on the intruders. Maybe with these things. >:D

We need more Void-only enemies anyway because void is just fighting the factions we normally do, but all at once. :(

Alright DE, get to work. I need to fight one of these. I need it. 

Would be awesome to have one more, maybe using Paris Prime and a Prime pistol of some kind. This as a boss fight in a similar style to phase 1 Lephantis. A room with 3 or 4 platforms they start on. Each activates one at a time, and each has its own health bar.

I could see it being a 4 on 3/4 fight of sorts, just with some sort of cooldowns on them attacking so not all of them are attacking at the exact same time, a little breathing room to dodge.

I could also see them sharing some kind of central energy source, limiting it to one or two attacking at a time, and after a set time they return to their platform to recharge, becoming invulnerable while you fight a different one.

And as someone else mentioned, it would be pretty interesting to see this as one entity with changing parts. Different heads, arms, weapons.

Edited by Centias

I really like the concept and the look! I wouldn't mind seeing a fourth ( as someone said before) who has side arms weapons. like the primary gun arm statue takes a bit longer to start firing but does more damage in it's attacks, while the side arm statue can aim and fire faster but does less damage. or maybe primary weapon one moves slower while side arms moves fast, just some little quirk.

Otherwise I would love this as a boss! either a 4 player boss or if they get 8 player missions up and running as the first 8 player boss they release!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sure plenty of people have already suggested something like this, but here we go...

rih7NF8.png

Statues from the Orokin era showing their mastery of both art and warfare, they stand ever vigilant guarding treasures of the past.

Starting from the left, is a melee focused unit using an Orthos Prime and round shield.

Drone for reference

other recent posts:

Kubrow Armor Set: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/234188-kubrow-fur-armor-set-why-not/

Wow, ive seen so much concepts till now, but this, sir, is by far the best and most interesting ive ever seen. did you continue your work? what happened with it? i am so excited!

rih7NF8.png

Drone for reference

other recent posts:

OMG THIS I WANT TO KILL THESE COLOSSAL BEHEMOTHS NOW :D and they drop a statue like blueprint which you can build and add as a TROPHY DECOR TO YOUR DOJO OR LISET :)