Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion About Loki, And His Viability For Play.

Xirka

Recently there has been a lot of talk about Loki, and why people love, or hate him.

Realistically he is a decent frame, but why I believe that is not important right now, I want to know why others think Loki is a good/bad frame to play, I want to actually discuss this so I ask that people respect the opinions of others members during this discussion, if you think they are wrong, explain why, do not bash them for holding a different idea than you.

Edited by Xirka

Loki can solo capture/exterminate/sabotage/deception without taking a point of damage. Loki can make defense and survival trivial. Since this thread is obviously in response to a certain other thread, just go read the replies in that one if you want to see why. I kind of feel like this thread wasn't necessary, and I really need to go to bed.

I... just got done posting a moderately long (technically short by my normal standards) post about Loki in another thread right here in GD.  So I'm gonna be lazily brief since I can't quote myself from one thread to another.

Loki's entire kit is the only one that fully falls into two categories.  It scales indefinitely, and it has intertwined synergy with itself.

Because of that, combined with the fact that he's a CC based frame, using manipulation rather than hard CCs, he's effectively a very powerful frame.

Funny story that's actually not funny in any way at all kind of except kind of is in an oddly funny way.

I was smacking Orokin Drones out of the sky with melee attacks roughly 5-6 hours ago whilst running T3 Exterminates/Survivals.  It's definitely not an easy task, but Loki is definitely up to it.

The one thing that sucks about Loki however, it's that after playing him and Vauban so much, I find other frames' kits to be boring by comparison mostly.  Not necessarily that those other kits aren't effective, they just feel less active.

Between permanent invisibility and permanently rendering enemies less useful than infested id say loki gets the grand prize for might need some small tweaking

Why post in GD? Because this is a discussion about Loki in general.

Technically

It is a discussion about loki in general (section)

Congrats

You are accidentally punny

Edited by Azawarau

I... just got done posting a moderately long (technically short by my normal standards) post about Loki in another thread right here in GD.  So I'm gonna be lazily brief since I can't quote myself from one thread to another.

Loki's entire kit is the only one that fully falls into two categories.  It scales indefinitely, and it has intertwined synergy with itself.

Because of that, combined with the fact that he's a CC based frame, using manipulation rather than hard CCs, he's effectively a very powerful frame.

Actually, Trinity would also fully fall into both of those two categories as well. 

Actually, Trinity would also fully fall into both of those two categories as well. 

Hmm, I honestly never thought that much about Trinity.  The only marginal counterpoint I can think of in regards to that is Link, in that its hard locked +75% DR will eventually not hold up well, but even then I wouldn't call it a solid enough of an argument to say otherwise.  So I'll concede to that point.

Still, Loki looks fancier than Trinity  :p  so I'll still chalk it up to a win for Loki.

Loki's goods:

-invisible is survivability, making his low hp n shields doesnt matter

-decoy controls the battlefield

-switch teleport is mobility. makes very useful on well trained loki player (like saving a downed teammate)

-radial disarm ALL ENEMIES WITH GUNS WILL BE LIKE INFESTED. invis with decoy and we will have  a meat chunk party

meat chunk party i say.

meat.

Loki's bad side:

-uh, none, he's a utility. obviously not nova. he's inline with trinity and vauban for their utility and cc

unless you troll by infinitely switchteleporting thats bad. bad loki. wait, loki's not bad, who controls it is bad! :P

i do really think there isnt much to discuss about loki since its made really well. 

Edited by Ritchel

Perma invisibility?

Decoy + skills from the team?

Swap Teleport lulz?

Radial Disarm + Vortex?

Radial Disarm + Decoy out of reach?

Loki is a boss. When I go Prime Access and get him, I'm not even going to get rid of my old Loki. I'm going to keep both foma'd up for different builds.

The closest thing to a detractor for Loki was the unpredictable nature of Invisibility, suddenly ending at a bad time if you couldn't count it off accurately in your head. Now that it has a countdown timer above it? GG. #LokiMasterRace.

Edited by VKhaun

Loki is, in fact a frame that requires a little skill to master. Most people who seem to hate him for being fragile, do not realize they are more than likely playing him wrongly.

Where does going invisible for half a minute require any skill?