Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Alerts

SmashKazu

Hey guys,

I completly dislike the way of getting Vauban only through alerts, but it is like this.

But now an alert popped up for the vauban systems which were in an alert 3 days ago.

If you can only get him through alerts at least make them appear in an order and not completly random.

On 1st of June it was the chassis, on 3rd of June it was the helm, on 5th of June it was the system and now its the system again. It should have been the chassis again and the next one should be the helm again.

It is hard enough to wait for the parts to appear finally in an alert but making them completly random is just nonsense in my opinion.

You can farm a boss over and over again untill you got all parts but you have to wait for the alert to appear.

I don't mind waiting for an alert to appear, but then an alert that was there three days ago just annoys me.

And getting the part from another player is impossible due to the stupidly limited trade system.

Edited by SmashKazu

Oh tell me about it. I waited for the helmet for a lot of months because I missed it on the Gradivus Dillema and most of the alerts appear when I'm asleep/ in school. And I think I got it by January. So yeah, patience is what you need. (or some plats)

EDIT: typo

Edited by Ambisyon_Ni_Batman

The RNG is messed up, relying on that there is chance you will never see certain mods, warframes or whatever.

If it was a Diablo type game the rng is a bonus, but with this type of game it breaks it.  

I have a Vauban and I completely agree.

The fact that I could log off right as the last part I need decides to appears used to make me terribly paranoid.

That's what I'm starting to think too. I do not want to go to sleep just because I could miss an alert. If they at least would be like side quests in games where you can accept them and accomplish them at any given time it would make alerts a lot better in my opinion.

Oh tell me about it. I waited for the helmet for a lot of months because I missed it on the Gradivus Dillema and most of the alerts appear when I'm asleep/ in school. And I think I got it by January. So yeah, patience is what you need. (or some plats)

EDIT: typo

Yeah, since most of the good alerts are based on american time the good alerts appear nights for me. I don't really want to log off nor do I want to go to bed because I could miss the alert I'm waiting for weeks/months.

Also, try getting an alert app. There's a lot in the Alerts forum https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/35-pc-alerts/

They're a big help 

I've already got one but this doesn't help at all if the alert you're waiting for appears when you sleep.

If they make it that you can play with people in your region, the alerts should be like this too because peak time in america means mostly evening/night in europe.

Yeah, since most of the good alerts are based on american time the good alerts appear nights for me. I don't really want to log off nor do I want to go to bed because I could miss the alert I'm waiting for weeks/months.

I've already got one but this doesn't help at all if the alert you're waiting for appears when you sleep.

If they make it that you can play with people in your region, the alerts should be like this too because peak time in america means mostly evening/night in europe.

Pure myth.

The clock is 24 hours with good alerts happening all the time.  Pure numbers say though if you are an average gamer you are only on for 2-3 hours which means over 80% of all alerts are going to be at a bad time, doesn't matter your timezone.

If you really believe most of the 'good alerts' are at peak US times (that would be EDT) about Midnight GMT to 3am GMT.  Pull the numbers, and prove to us your statement has any basis in fact that MOST GOOD alerts are between those times.

Still seeking that helmet though.

I don't think it's unfair. Vauban is probably one of the best overall frames a player could choose, with almost everything about him scaling well into the late game.

I think the amount of time it takes to hunt Vauban down is well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously? There was a Chassis Alert during a worldcup match (germany - ghana). Do I have to wait almost three weeks until it will be an alert again?

This alert system annoys me more an more.

Why can't they be like quests?! Why do they have to run out?

It just sucks for those who are asleep or have no access to warframe at that time.

I don't care about these stupid 24hour devstream alerts. I've got more than enough catalyst and reactors. I want to do the alerts when I want to and not in a period of time!

The regular alerts or at least alerts with valuable content should run at least 3-4 hours if not more!

Edited by SmashKazu

No, not if I can get him for free.

I hate spending money on something if it's not real money only.

And 6 bucks can be a whole meal.

An entire meal?

I've had three of those already today.

Sorry for suggesting you support the game you play.

An entire meal?

I've had three of those already today.

Sorry for suggesting you support the game you play.

I have nothing against supporting a game I play but wasting money on something that you can get for free.

Why should I spend 6 bucks on a game if I could donate it to someone who really needs it like childs in africa.

But I can't really argue with you about the value of money because you're a founder and it seems like you have more money than you really need, otherwise you wouldn't have spend more than 100 bucks on something virtually that will be gone if the game should close sometime.

Edited by SmashKazu

otherwise you wouldn't have spend more than 100 bucks on something virtually that will be gone if the game should close sometime.

If nobody spent money on it it would have been closed a long time ago, so you wouldn't be on here complaining about how hard it is to save six bucks.

I'll be perfectly honest. I did buy Vauban when I became a Grand Master, but seeing how the alerts for Vauban's parts have become more rare, he might as well be considered a Primed Warframe. I remember when some blueprints were Defense missions rewards, and in all honesty, while it may seem like a decent idea to move Vauban to there, I also just can't see it happening either. Upping his occurrences too much would mean his point as a harder to get frame would be lost, but too low (as it is now) and people get annoyed at how it doesn't appear enough.

Now I know people hold the argument that if you want to support the game, just buy him, but that can also be said for a lot of other things. If that was the case, Warframe might as well be subscription based which would change the game to be something we just don't see at this time. At the same time, people can show support by spending the $6 on something more useful like color palettes or decorative items that are universal across frames and even weapons. Shelling $6 for just a single item is a bit much even if it does come potatoed and with slots to boot. I'm all for supporting DE but at the same time people should have an equal opportunity to make use of the crafting system to achieve the same thing. It should be the cooperation of both supporters and free to play players that makes Warframe strong in community and fun to play, not some money doorway that other Free to Play games have fallen victim to (and where players basically become better because they can use their wallet).

I honesty do not know how to solve Vauban's issue, but at the same time at least he is the only frame that has to be received via this method. I can see perhaps doubling a Vauban's alert time for his parts specifically and that would help out quite a bit, but again this falls under how to keep a balance, and that is something I'm not fully sure on what can be done for this case.

It's now 10:52 AM in germany and there was a Chassis 10 and 5 hours ago, which means at ~1AM and ~6 AM.

So now tell me again the good ones aren't when the non-american users are asleep!

Vauban parts should be tradeable or the alerts should be based on timezones and not for every timezone the same.

Edited by SmashKazu

Here you can check how often do Vauban alerts come.

http://www.warframearchives.com/alerts.php?filtroPlaneta=all&filtroWarframes=Vauban&filtroPartes=all&filtroMision=all&filtroRecompensa=all&filtroPlataforma=all&numResultados=10&submit=FILTER+RESULTS

There's a Vauban alert roughly every two days, three at the most. So don't despair, you will get him in the end.