Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things That Needs To Be Balanced On Pvp - Updated U14

.Talia.

These changes won't balance anything.

Your only solution is to decrease damage. This will make Frames that are tough ....tougher.(Rhino, Valkyr, Saryn....)

Here's my 2 cents:

Explosive weaponry - make it damage "any" target (enemy or ally), The damage should be kept. The range should be kept. This will make explosives cause collateral damage if used incorectly.

Self Targeting Abilities(Shuriken, etc) - Why not make them without self targeting?! ... like Freeze or Fireball and keep the damage and the effects.

AoE abilities (Miasma, Absorb...) - Increase the cast delay, of the damaging part, to at least double of that in PvE. Also, make them like the Ogris explosions (it hit's only the first obstacle in the line of sight - other people or the tileset) and make it target allies too (if you cast a destructive AoE attack you should mind your soroundings first!) 

Hysteria - This is not a hard one to balance more. Make the radius 20m (unaffected by range mods) and the damage she takes when she get's out of it to 500% the damage she has taken durring the effect.

Link - Make it 10 m and unaffected by range mods.

Toxic and Slash procs - Shouldn't apply while shilelds are active.

I agree with you with Reflex Guard and Quick Thinking.

Invisibility and Smoke bomb - Make Loki/Ash be completly invisible outside ~5m of the target, but fully visible(90% opacity) inside that radius.(allies would see them at 90% opacity for the full duration at any distance) 

Blade Storm - The curent skill is unavoidable yet very easy to aim. 

My ideas are like this:

idea 1 - When Blade Storm is activated the targeted enemies are marked. After this, Ash or his clones teleport behind each one of the marked targets. (just like now, this far)  When behind the target, Ash or the clone will do a frontal attack with a 0.3 seconds delay. If you make a butslide in that time you can avoind the damage. 

idea 2 - After Ash activates Blade Storm his weapon is replaced with some kind of kunai with 15 shots. (The projectile speed and attack rate will be set by the devs). You attack with those kunais. They deal no damage on impact but mark the target with one mark for each kunai that hit. At any time you can activate again blade storm to start jumping on the targets. Ash and his clones will jump on each target as many times as kunais hit that target.

Now related to the gameplay:

I like the moba style of scaling, but..... I have some changes for it.

First of all, the damage skills scale much faster than the HP and Shield values. When the abilities activate they are at the level you want them. This makes it that at, let's say, lvl 2 ash's shuriken deals 2x500 damage while you have 

max 150 Shield and 150 HP. My solution would be give lvl 30 HP and Shields at lvl 1.

Another thing is the one dimentional map. There is only one way for us to go. Make it so there are more ways to reach the objective.

Guys i believe they already did see this topic by now. 

They reduced the bleed proc from Shuriken and Blade Storm exactly as i suggested. (Just wasn't enough though, they still OP)

Just because they don't post anything doesn't mean they aren't watching us. *Conspiracy Intensifies*

"OH BUT WHY THEY DIDN'T FIX *insert a broken thing here* YET?!" - I don't know, maybe there is more involved in fixing these things than we assume.

Edited by RexSol

A couple abilities I think should get a balance that you didn't mention.

Iron Skin: I'm sure quite a few people will argue for it, but frankly it's just too easy to rely on in Dark Sectors. The cast time is almost instant, and is only a tier 2 ability, meaning a measly 50 energy to cast. The amount of damage it soaks up is WAY too much for how slowly weapons rank up in Dark Sectors. It takes an enormous amount of focused fire to deplete, and more often than not, it is simply recast in 1/2 a second.

Prism: This ability is bonkers. The amount of seeking lasers it shoots out means that if you see it, you're dead. Not to mention that the lasers stick to players and enemies like glue, almost ensuring death unless the player runs out of it's large range and STAYS out of its range. Difficult to do in some areas due to the hallway like structures of the Dark Sectors and the Prisms ability to travel rather quickly. Also, it does a radial blind for almost free, making poor Excalibur much less effective at his own suite of powers.

Link: It's not too absurdly bad, more of an annoyance, but I still think the damage reflected back should be reduced. It's very easy for a trinity to force a suicide with little repercussion.

Molecular Prime: The spreading wave is nice, and allows players to avoid it, but I think the speed debuff should be reduced by about 1/3

Bastille: A bit too slow. Not really a crucial change as the huge net is a pretty good tell, but until that thing lands players don't really have a chance to determine how to react. I think vaubans abilities should be destroyable, making it so that he can deter, but not lock out players.

Any "1" abilities with guaranteed knockdown: I'm talking about pull, tempest barrage, sonic boom, etc. A 25 energy death sentence is usually just as bad as an outright kill move. Maybe having a proximity or status based check to determine the knockdown would make them more reactive. As in they only knockdown while the enemy is in the air, only when shields are depleted, etc. I'd argue that soul punch and ripline don't need a change as they require precision and only affect one target.

Decoy: A buff actually. It would be cool if for PvP the decoy was given a specter skin and specter AI, actually fooling enemy players as opposed to being utterly useless.

An unrelated change that is needed: Give players multiple spawns AND exits. It's WAYYYYY too easy for several spawns to be utterly locked down, to the point of absurdity. A snowglobe on core last with a meleeing enemy is nearly unescapable, or an ash spamming bladestorm NEAR a spawn point ensures the death of the players within should they spawn at an unlucky time.

Edited by StallordD

A couple abilities I think should get a balance that you didn't mention.

Iron Skin: I'm sure quite a few people will argue for it, but frankly it's just too easy to rely on in Dark Sectors. The cast time is almost instant, and is only a tier 2 ability, meaning a measly 50 energy to cast. The amount of damage it soaks up is WAY too much for how slowly weapons rank up in Dark Sectors. It takes an enormous amount of focused fire to deplete, and more often than not, it is simply recast in 1/2 a second.

Prism: This ability is bonkers. The amount of seeking lasers it shoots out means that if you see it, you're dead. Not to mention that the lasers stick to players and enemies like glue, almost ensuring death unless the player runs out of it's large range and STAYS out of its range. Difficult to do in some areas due to the hallway like structures of the Dark Sectors and the Prisms ability to travel rather quickly. Also, it does a radial blind for almost free, making poor Excalibur much less effective at his own suite of powers.

Link: It's not too absurdly bad, more of an annoyance, but I still think the damage reflected back should be reduced. It's very easy for a trinity to force a suicide with little repercussion.

Molecular Prime: The spreading wave is nice, and allows players to avoid it, but I think the speed debuff should be reduced by about 1/3

Bastille: A bit too slow. Not really a crucial change as the huge net is a pretty good tell, but until that thing lands players don't really have a chance to determine how to react. I think vaubans abilities should be destroyable, making it so that he can deter, but not lock out players.

Any "1" abilities with guaranteed knockdown: I'm talking about pull, tempest barrage, sonic boom, etc. A 25 energy death sentence is usually just as bad as an outright kill move. Maybe having a proximity or status based check to determine the knockdown would make them more reactive. As in they only knockdown while the enemy is in the air, only when shields are depleted, etc. I'd argue that soul punch and ripline don't need a change as they require precision and only affect one target.

Decoy: A buff actually. It would be cool if for PvP the decoy was given a specter skin and specter AI, actually fooling enemy players as opposed to being utterly useless.

An unrelated change that is needed: Give players multiple spawns AND exits. It's WAYYYYY too easy for several spawns to be utterly locked down, to the point of absurdity. A snowglobe on core last with a meleeing enemy is nearly unescapable, or an ash spamming bladestorm NEAR a spawn point ensures the death of the players within should they spawn at an unlucky time.

Good suggestion on all abilities.

I can't say i agree on Iron Skin, i don't think it's an overpowered ability, i think it's overrated and strong only in the first stage of the conflict.

The Prism's Seeking Lasers of Death is a problem, i think they should add some random chance for the lasers to hit a target in range (If a Player).

Again the suggestion to destroy Vauban's traps came up. It's a good idea.

An example of good balance would be to allow the players to disable Vauban's traps, via destroying the small grenades. This would be similar to how Frost's Snowglobe works - the trap is powerful in of itself, but players are able to quickly disable and destroy it when it is used incorrectly.

This is allowing the player to use the tools at their disposal to outsmart or outplay their opponent, rather than simply making the skill less effective.

Trinity has no other damage sources..... as I wrote before ... Link needs only a range debuff(in pvp), so we can get out of it and kill Trinity. remember that she has 15 armor, she will fall instantly without Link or a well timed Blessing.