The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Rifles.

sedy25

Would it not be more interesting and require more skill to have these sniper rifles to be more like Call of Duty's ones? In other words, if you don't zoom/aim at your target, 70% of the time, you won't hit that target.  Any thoughts? I would prefer it that way if I'm honest.

*Also why doesn't it make the target go flying back..?

Edited by frostybe3r

I would prefer if we get situation where we'd actually require one

Let me guess, you're one of these people who uses a rocket launcher or machine gun and is careless with their ammo in missions?

Let me guess, you're one of these people who uses a rocket launcher or machine gun and is careless with their ammo in missions?

That was quite rude, pretty sure he was implying a mission in the game where you actually take out a target from long range with a sniper rifle.

um no, call of duty is so stupidly unrealistic, if you want cod logic then when the barrel of the rifel is touching someone it goes up and back words, the bullet goes where the barrel is pointing! In all respect hip fire is stupid inaccurate as well but this is a space ninja game, so we can pretty much some realism is good to much is annoying

let me guess your one of those people who criticizes others when their statement is 100% valid (he is saying he would prefer more maps where snipping was better (such as large maps rather then close range hall ways) 

o yea bows dont qualify in this area, their pretty much fine at the moment 

Edited by semangka

let me guess, you are one of those people who dont understand how 95% of this game is made up of trash mobs making a machine gun or rocket launcher largely more effective than a sniper rifle in virtually every situation.

also your suggestion is terrible, sniper rifles need buffs, not nerfs.

let me guess your one of those people who criticizes others when their statement is 100% valid (he is saying he would prefer more maps where snipping was better (such as large maps rather then close range hall ways) 

o yea bows dont qualify in this area, their pretty much fine at the moment 

Close hallways would be just as good due to less leg room to run. Especially with Lanka, which has travel time.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

Would it not be more interesting and require more skill to have these sniper rifles to be more like Call of Duty's ones? In other words, if you don't zoom/aim at your target, 70% of the time, you won't hit that target.  Any thoughts? I would prefer it that way if I'm honest.

Honestly no.

Don't make snipers any weaker than bows already.

Regardless what you may think, there's no need to use a sniper in the game, the tileset do not alow you to use them properly, you cannot take advantage of the zoom capabilities and, in their current state (yes i'm aware of the upcomming buff) any rifle could have the job done easier, and faster.

And then, how about a little consistency? I mean you claim you "care about your ammo" yet you want to have a reason to waste it based on RNG.

Nice job there.

oOCIYOx.gif

Regardless what you may think, there's no need to use a sniper in the game, the tileset do not alow you to use them properly, you cannot take advantage of the zoom capabilities and, in their current state (yes i'm aware of the upcomming buff) any rifle could have the job done easier, and faster.

And then, how about a little consistency? I mean you claim you "care about your ammo" yet you want to have a reason to waste it based on RNG.

Nice job there.

oOCIYOx.gif

It's a gameplay choice on whether or not to use Snipers. The foremost problem with them is that Bows, similar to their intended function as high damage single target weapons, are superior. Dread or Paris Prime blows the Lanka, which costs a forma, out of the water.

No.

It's a gameplay choice on whether or not to use Snipers. The foremost problem with them is that Bows, similar to their intended function as high damage single target weapons, are superior. Dread or Paris Prime blows the Lanka, which costs a forma, out of the water.

A Forma compared to:

1) A rare drop from the Stalker

OR

2) 4 Prime components. (from missions that regularly drop Forma)

That said, I sold my Lanka because it's an unwieldy piece of crap; high base damage or not.

Bows are not like snipers. All bows have travel time and they are not that good at long distance if you compare them to snipers wich are hit-scan not counting the lanka and the travel time of its charged shot.

The next point is that we have big maps in lots of grineer tilesets, on Earth and Ceres too, then they are a viable choice and anyone who uses the can tell you. 

They maybe need to change the Dead Eye aura but that´s another topic and maybe fix the snip riffles somehow getting them more crit chance or something like that.

About the zooming idea I wouldn´t like it because if you want to use the sniper in more close combat areas in a map it would be harder to hit the enemies without zooming and that would be an issue in thoes situations.

The mechanics of vectis and lanka makes them hard to use but funny and unique feeling and that´s so important, if they fix it I would like to keep that because that´s what gave this weapons something that makes you choose them over a the other ones.

I use my Vectis more like a Shotgun. Rund around, aim for the head and kill enemies. But most of the time, the rhino player has way more kills and i wonder, what im doing wrong...

The problem is, that a grakata on full auto is just sprayandpray and everything will be dead too.

But please, the vectis need more BOOM. it looks like a huge cannon and it should sound like one.

I use my Vectis more like a Shotgun. Rund around, aim for the head and kill enemies. But most of the time, the rhino player has way more kills and i wonder, what im doing wrong...

The problem is, that a grakata on full auto is just sprayandpray and everything will be dead too.

But please, the vectis need more BOOM. it looks like a huge cannon and it should sound like one.

*Ehem*

574c43f05425e857b36da6e5b2b5f836.png

A Forma compared to:

1) A rare drop from the Stalker

OR

2) 4 Prime components. (from missions that regularly drop Forma)

That said, I sold my Lanka because it's an unwieldy piece of crap; high base damage or not.

Okay, you got me there.

I'm one of those people that believe that Forma weapons/high ranked clan tech should at least be great at something.