The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Care About Pvp If It Was Balanced?

Alphafox

Tried pvp again(Tried it once or twice since it came out) I was surprised at how horrible it was..(no offence to DE or to the people who like it)Damage not scaled properly and so many other reasons. I know the game is balanced around pve. I know that pvp was not in DE plans, but would you care about pvp if it was actually balanced?

The new game mode/pvp seems fun, but we need to nerf the living hell out of mods like serration/hornet strike/redirection and such if we really are supposed to play it.

I mean like a Rhino with iron skin + 660% more shield with a soma/penta isnt really my definition of a fun opponent..

Edited by Zhinigami

It is not a pvp game, conclave is a minor add on.  They know all about how pvp works from past games and more importantly how hosting works.

No dedicated servers

If more than 4 players then they would need the host to have a minimum of a 1.5-2mbit upload speed on their connection.  For get mass pvp unless they fork out for dedicated servers.

I care about it even with it being unbalanced, it's fun, frustrating sometimes but still fun. There are ways to counter even the most broken strats, whether it be how you engage or how you build your weapons. You have to account for the broken strategies with every loadout you use, you need to figure out each opponent you play against, and you need to have near perfect execution on your parkour making it the most challenging part of warframe besides the arbitrary RNG walls.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

Yes.  The ttk is way too low atm for PvP to be worth it.  Aim isn't important, just prefire with the instakill weapon of your choice and make sure to abuse broken powers like iron skin/bladestorm/snow globe/radial disarm/hysteria and abuse combos like rage+quick thinking.  Simple last man standing TDM is also boring. 

I'm really hoping that some real balance work is done for the dark sector conflict pvp.

It is not a pvp game, conclave is a minor add on.  They know all about how pvp works from past games and more importantly how hosting works.

No dedicated servers

If more than 4 players then they would need the host to have a minimum of a 1.5-2mbit upload speed on their connection.  For get mass pvp unless they fork out for dedicated servers.

Hosts need that for hosting a busy PvE game anyways.

Edited by Aggh

I care about it even with it being unbalanced, it's fun, frustrating sometimes but still fun. There are ways to counter even the most broken strats, whether it be how you engage or how you build your weapons. You have to account for them with every loadout you use, and you need to figure out each opponent you play against making it the most challenging part of warframe besides the arbitrary RNG walls.

How can you prepare yourself against unbalanced things? The penta for example. When I tried pvp yesterday I was clear that no matter where you run somehow you get instakilled by it no matter what.

If done right it could be pretty awesome.  The new Dark Sector conflicts are a nice start and later on it would be cool to get some larger scale missions with dedicated servers and maybe 10 to 20 Tenno that could choose a side.  In the story the Tenno are mostly mercenaries working for whoever they want so it would make sense that every now and then some of them may come into direct conflict with each other.

It would also be cool to have some "Corpus" or "Grineer" Tenno, that have been brainwashed or coerced into being with the Corpus or Grineer full time and their looks reflect that.  

This all would take a lot of work however and if DE would even attempt something like this I wouldnt see it happening any time soon.

The easiest way to PvP balance the game would most likey modify the weapons to do X damage to all other enemies and Y damage to players.  Same thing with abilities, and even that would take a lot of tweaking.

I have never like PVP games. That's one reason I even came to Warframe. My biggest worry is if it will greatly affect the rest of the PVE game in their attempt to balance out PVP.

The new game mode/pvp seems fun, but we need to nerf the living hell out of mods like serration/hornet strike/redirection and such if we really are supposed to play it.

I mean like a Rhino with iron skin + 660% more shield with a soma/penta isnt really my definition of a fun opponent..

Why would you bring Rhino to a Valkyr max Hysteria duration fight?

See, they'd have to change so many abilities alone just to prevent people from abusing game mechanics like that.

Yes

PVE right now offers not much that needs player skill. 

PVP could do it if it is balanced, sadly i doubt this will happen without removing all nukes, god modes, damage mods. and Blast and OP weapons from PVP.

The unlock system DE plans now offers nothing because you just need to unlock serration or hornet strike and the balance is broken.

Yes

PVE right now offers not much that needs player skill. 

PVP could do it if it is balanced, sadly i doubt this will happen without removing all nukes, god modes, damage mods. and Blast and OP weapons from PVP.

The unlock system DE plans now offers nothing because you just need to unlock serration or hornet strike and the balance is broken.

Max Vitality unlocks earlier than a serration or hornet strike can, and with the exception of explosive weapons, NONE of them will quickly kill a tenno with only one mod :P

Weapons don't start getting really nasty until you can fit about 4 or more mods because of how the damage scales.

Also, the unlock system offers everything, the amount of consideration each mod placement will require to have a perfect set-up is astronomical.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603