Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Come On We Need To Fight Vehicles

Deidaku

Corpus Spaceship would be easy to implement, since we already have the Raptor (Europa boss). Basically, the Corpus ships would be a reskin of the Raptor. Weaker than raptor off course. As for tanks, those Sabotage mining machines could be turned into a stationed tank for now. Basically, they wouldn't move, but only have their cannon active.

Having said that, the new unit that we'll be getting, Juggernaut, may feel somewhat like a tank unit and the Riot Moa which is pretty much a walking tank.

Corpus Spaceship would be easy to implement, since we already have the Raptor (Europa boss). Basically, the Corpus ships would be a reskin of the Raptor. Weaker than raptor off course. As for tanks, those Sabotage mining machines could be turned into a stationed tank for now. Basically, they wouldn't move, but only have their cannon active.

Having said that, the new unit that we'll be getting, Juggernaut, may feel somewhat like a tank unit and the Riot Moa which is pretty much a walking tank.

A stationary tank isn't a tank. That's a gun turret, which DE is already working on for Grineer levels. 

How about open space fights? We fly customisable starships and lead attacks on stations, (or even solar rails. To make more interesting) or even orbiting planetary defences so we can get to the planet.

So...EVE Online? No thank you.

Could put manned heavy turrets/RPG launchers and bunkers on smaller tile sets. That way in smaller areas they dont look like a bunch of ants running around a map when it gets crowded and gives them more cover/attack options

Edited by dragonkingdx

Only if DE allows for ways for players to take down, disable, or partially disable armored vehicles with small-arms fire, assumedly taking quite some measured teamwork.  I've shunned the stray running from the original ninja design motif and will never for the life of me equip an Ogris.

And so long as they're not freaking health and armor sandbags that can be taken down by sustained pistol fire to the front.  I can't describe the frustration at developers who go about implementing this, seemingly giving up on the opportunity to deepen gameplay and influence behavior changes in players.

Could put manned heavy turrets/RPG launchers and bunkers on smaller tile sets. That way in smaller areas they dont look like a bunch of ants running around a map when it gets crowded and gives them more cover/attack options

Now something I'd like to state for future examples.

Map tiles are already small for the most part, designed only for infantry fights; putting a tank down there is difficult.  Not to say that DE couldn't make new map tiles, meaning that vehicle spawn locations will likely be limited and planned.  It's strange then why the enemy would place anti-tank weaponry in the tank spawn room.  Manned Turrets must not be designed for the enemy at hand, but for the facility's infrastructure and general design.

That or, as I said, make such enemies somehow vulnerable to small arms fire.  That way, heavy firepower is an option, rather than a requirement.

Edited by DalaiLlama

Even in the tilesets where you could theoretically fit something like a light tank, it wouldn't make sense to have them due to the simple fact they wouldn't be able to maneuver or get anywhere due to the way the maps are set up. Even the two-man tankettes of WWI were over 15 feet. long, I can count the rooms on pretty much one hand where it could possibly turn.

Even Earth wouldn't really work due to the uneven terrain, and deploying tanks to a rapidly-growing forest hell may not be the worst idea I've ever heard, but it's close. Phobos and the Corpus outpost tileset (and even then, only a handful of areas in either) are pretty much the only places it wouldn't look too out of place and might be able to move.

Gunships could work, simply because terrain isn't anywhere near as much of an issue.

A stationary tank isn't a tank. That's a gun turret, which DE is already working on for Grineer levels. 

Yep, as the saying goes when it comes to tanks: "Without mobility, a pillbox. Without weapons, a bunker".

Or, uh, we could try requesting balance in the game before we request new enemies...that would be cool...

This too.

Edited by Taranis49

It's a cool ideas but what other maps besides earth and phobos could this be implemented? There isn't enough space and ninjas aren't the heavy units that are suppose to take out entire vessels.

A large landing bay could be added to ship tilesets, I imagine.

Or, uh, we could try requesting balance in the game before we request new enemies...that would be cool..

You do know that new enemies are one of the ways that a game *is* balanced, right? Like, if you notice players are doing something hugely imbalancing, you can introduce a new enemy designed to fix that. (For instance, in Mass Effect 3, the Geth had no effective way to flush players out of cover which meant players of any skill could hide behind cover and kill Geth with impunity. Suddenly one update we get the ultra-annoying Geth Bomber which flies over cover and drops grenades on your head to encourage you to move.)

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Only if DE allows for ways for players to take down, disable, or partially disable armored vehicles with small-arms fire, assumedly taking quite some measured teamwork.  I've shunned the stray running from the original ninja design motif and will never for the life of me equip an Ogris.

And so long as they're not freaking health and armor sandbags that can be taken down by sustained pistol fire to the front.  I can't describe the frustration at developers who go about implementing this, seemingly giving up on the opportunity to deepen gameplay and influence behavior changes in players.

Now something I'd like to state for future examples.

Map tiles are already small for the most part, designed only for infantry fights; putting a tank down there is difficult.  Not to say that DE couldn't make new map tiles, meaning that vehicle spawn locations will likely be limited and planned.  It's strange then why the enemy would place anti-tank weaponry in the tank spawn room.  Manned Turrets must not be designed for the enemy at hand, but for the facility's infrastructure and general design.

That or, as I said, make such enemies somehow vulnerable to small arms fire.  That way, heavy firepower is an option, rather than a requirement.

meh I was speaking in general. Placing tanks/vehicles is hard to do do to movement issues. However seeing ships look a bit more like fortresses and have rooms within rooms would be a nicer fix. Rooms as they are are very big/slightly big and dont have too many straightforward cover options. (atm its more hide behind walls/containers or items/terminals on the floor/behind walkway rails)

But you would imagine that warframe is like a space war with ninja's and crazy powers. (grineer vs corpus with the infested as a common enemy of the 2) Since many areas are either ships or inside some building its hard to place moving vehicles. However you could imagine heavy weaponry meant to take out other ships/heavier protected rooms. As those turrets that respond to the camera's/pressure plates are as sad as it is to say lame and not even a challenge. (while still providing an annoyance they pale in comparison to lasers and laser doors) If you were to think manned heavy turrets that could pin tenno down it would provide a challenge in many maps both outdoors and indoors. Grineer ones being made out of a heavy metal in the front with a soldier sitting in a turret seat firing bullets like the heavy gunners (but in much greater quantity) And corpus ones could have a sphere shield around them with a lighter metal as the front plating when the shield goes down that fires mass amounts of lasers like the red corpus weapon (seriously drawing a blank on the name here) In addition to that they could have more rooms with windows as well/rooms with a small opening on the wall for the opponent to shoot out from. (its meant to provide more cover options for you and your opponent making things slightly harder)

Then again this is my 2 cents on the issue since I dont think vehicles will be very useful in warframe unless they discover a new planet made for that kinda stuff (which would be interesting to see)

Edited by dragonkingdx