Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Ragdolls, Less Death Animations

Eciria

This is a minor thing, I know it might not be fixed, and it's not really worth noticing much, but I figure I'll bring it up.

The continuous use of AI death animations looks really...really bad, especially since they often repeat. I'd LOVE to see more ragdolls when you kill enemies.

On that note, ragdolls also need improvements (anything can get better). When you kill an enemy in game, it almost seems like they turn to jelly. They bend backwards in ways that aren't physically possible, considering a lot of them have heavy armor on them, and a lot of them spazz out, which, while funny, often look real bad and sometimes get in our way, blocking shots, etc.

I'd just like to see a little bit of something more realistic (it's a sci-fi game, but there's still the "sci" in it) in the ragdolls, maybe less repeating death animations, either that or smoother, better ones.

That is all, please be respectful with replies.

im noticing return of ragdolling in T4 survival

it was fixed for a time but now its back

Well I mean across the whole game.

It doesn't feel satisfying when I kill a Grineer Lancer with my sword and he actually dies by tripping on a banana peel -_-

I'm reminded of Skyrim, modding out the "twist" animation they did upon death. Hated that animation with a passion. I personally also hate the "backstroke" animation death of enemies in this game. Too bad I can't mod it out without consequences. 

But yeah, support adding more ragdoll stuff or at least making the death animations so small that they only put momentum into ragdolls so they don't do strange things. The ones we have now are far too long in my opinion and really far too... exaggerated.

I'm reminded of Skyrim, modding out the "twist" animation they did upon death. Hated that animation with a passion. I personally also hate the "backstroke" animation death of enemies in this game. Too bad I can't mod it out without consequences. 

But yeah, support adding more ragdoll stuff or at least making the death animations so small that they only put momentum into ragdolls so they don't do strange things. The ones we have now are far too long in my opinion and really far too... exaggerated.

Which brings up another point I wanted to make: enemies being killed by arrows. No matter how awesome it is to peg enemies to the walls/ceilings/floors with arrows...it eventually grows old. I want to see enemies just drop like flies when they receive an arrow to the neck.

I definitely agree, slicing any enemy in half and seeing both their sides ragdoll in opposite directions is infinitely more satisfying than a canned death animation with them flailing around in a single spot.

Kind of the reason I'm sticking largely to slash damage weapons right now.