jeremaihtheman

Question

12 answers to this question

In every build:

Point Strike, Vital Sense.

Serration, Heavy Caliber.

Split Chamber.

Elements (for specific factions):

Grineer - Hellfire, Stormbringer (Radiation) and Infected Clip (Poison)

Corpus - Cryo Rounds, Stormbringer (Magnetic) and Infected Clip (Poison)

Infestation - Infected Clip, Stormbringer (Corrosive) and Hellfire (Heat)

Corrupted - Infected Clip, Stormbringer (Corrosive) and Cryo Rounds (Cold)

To put these in, you will a potato, which you already have, and 4 Forma, if you're willing to dedicate to it.

Don't put Cicero and Tethra mods. Because the Soma is based off crit, more pure damage is better.

I advise against this, however, as the damage drops off at later levels - you're better off with Boltor Prime.

Split Chambers , serration , Point strikte , Vital Sense , Stormbringer , Infected Clip and Hellfire/Kryo Rounds and Band/Hammershot . For Pure DPS .

Edit : Damn got Tenno'd

Edited by Habba

Split Chambers , serration , Point strikte , Vital Sense , Stormbringer , Infected Clip and Hellfire/Kryo Rounds and Band/Hammershot . For Pure DPS .

Edit : Damn got Tenno'd

Mwahahaha

First things first don't put mods that increase impact, puncture, or slash on a weapon. As it stands they are pretty S#&$ compared to putting elemental mods on a weapon. And I believe elemental mods still don't scale with those mods.

Second as stated above roll with elemental mods corrosive for void (I believe) Radiation for grineer and pure toxic or magnetic for coprus (I'll personally go with Pure toxic)

Third Hammer shot would be a good choice or just another elemental mod, I believe its debatable weather or not another elemental mod would put more damage.

And lastly if you are willing to put allot of formas into soma Here you go you'll be able to put any good build that you want onto that weapon. Here is two examples [1] [2]

Note: I personally would not put a max heavy caliber on soma at rank 6 its kinda inaccurate but still not so bad its unusable.

Core mods:

Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense

Optional Mods:

Heavy Caliber (Higher DPS - But can reduce ability to hit at long ranges when not abusing the 100% accurate first shot), Shred (Punch Through yo), Metal Auger (More Punch Through yo)

Elemental Mods:

Grineer: Hellfire + Stormbringer for Radiation. Then depending on how much space left go for either Cryo Rounds solo for Cold or Cryo Rounds + Infected Clip for Viral.

Corpus: Cryo Rounds + Stormbringer for Magnetic. Then either Infected Clip solo for Toxin or Infected Clip + Malignant Force for more Toxin

Infested: Hellfire + Infected Clip for Gas. Then either Malignant Force solo for more Gas or Malignant Force + Stormbringer for Gas + Electricity.

I use this build, but it does require some forma :P

The only thing I changed, was that my own Heavy cal is 1 rank lower than his, and I use malignant force instead of speed trigger.

Edited by Zareek

Get rid of that Fast Hands, the reload speed is quick enough, and you can melee break it early.

Get rid of the Ammo Mutation, you're never going to run out of ammo with it.

Get rid of Piercing Hit, just trust me, too many reasons to explain.

Max out that Shred and put it on there.

Get a maxed Hammer Shot and put it on there.

Get a maxed Wildfire and put it on there.

Voila, you have the best possible Soma build that literally works for any faction.