Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Sights: Poll

[DE]Rebecca

How much time do you spend in Iron Sights?   

1,019 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not clear about what's being asked of us here.  I voted for the second choice, but let me expand on that answer a bit.

I'm not a fan of "zooms" in which most of the screen is black (or blurred to uselessness) and only a tiny circle is visible (or useful).  So if that's what DE is asking, that's my answer.

I do use the current zoom system, but generally only while I'm targeting and shooting.  I rarely use the zoom while I'm moving; generally the ONLY time I use it while moving it to move to a slightly better vantage point for shooting.  Other than that, I consider remaining zoomed in a liability, as I have often come out of zoom to find myself getting shot at or beat on by an enemy which has approached from behind.

Along these same lines, FWIW I use a 3rd-party voice-chat system, which I have yet to figure out how to integrate WF's sound into.  So I'm left with hearing WF's sound FX and verbiage, turned down somewhat (for the sake of everyone else in the house), while also wearing headphones.  For this reason, the visuals have become very important to me (big reason why I don't stay in zoom).

Finally, if DE's asking if I prefer the visuals of an actual "iron sight" as opposed to the current targeting visuals, oh HAIL NO.  I much prefer the current visuals, rather than seeing an enlarged visual of part(s) of my current weapon which would include a small "through the scope" or "down the iron sights" view.  Yuck.

/.02¢

Read the modified OP. Question(worded better) is: "Do you right-click your gun much?"

I'm confused, if this Iron Sight somewhat similar with Metal Gear Solid 4 / Ghost Recon Future Soldier which is can be toggle able between Iron Sight(FPS) and Above Shoulder Aim(TPS), then I'm Agreed.
But if it replacing the Above Shoulder Aim to Iron Sight, I'm Disagree.

• 2 weeks later...