Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would You Think If Warframe Had An Actual World Instead Of Different Maps On A World

sloppynachosbro

I like this game cause of the waiting factor that is involved with making new frames or weapons ect, but wouldnt it be nice if you could actually go to a planet and actually traverse across the planet kind of like the new rpgmmo game called " destiny ". i think that would be an nice touch to the game what are your ideas?

Would likely require too much computing power for low end Pc users and console users.

Destiny is available on consoles.

Warframe is no amazing graphical showcase either.

It will take time to optimize, but it's possible and 100% amazing.

Destiny already proved it possible to run on consoles, and it's even going to be on the PS3 which is quite old technology at this point.

If Destiny can do it, so can Warframe. But SHOULD Warframe do it is a different topic. I don't think they should since Warframe's gameplay is too solidified into the missions concept. You'd have to scrap a lot of things to make Warframe an open-world TPS shooter, and even then I feel it would change the game too much. That's why we have different games for different tastes.

I'll love Destiny to death if it's as good as I'm imagining it, but even then should I practice caution until it comes out.

Destiny is available on consoles.

Warframe is no amazing graphical showcase either.

It will take time to optimize, but it's possible and 100% amazing.

Console versions of such open environments tend to be more linear when reaching a place of importance. Maybe destiny will break this trend, or maybe the world space will be not as big as it seems. Only time will tell.

Besides, there are many planets and places of interest in warframe, having enough data to create free-roam environments for all them could take up a massive amount of space. This would likely have a very negative impact on load times.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

Console versions of such open environments tend to be more linear when reaching a place of importance. Maybe destiny will break this trend, or maybe the world space will be not as big as it seems. Only time will tell.

Besides, there are many planets and places of interest in warframe, having enough data to create free-roam environments for all them could take up a massive amount of space. This would likely have a very negative impact on load times.

Back in the PS2 days when FFXI came out it came with a 250GB HDD, DE could do the same for Warframe

Why the hell not?

Because one of the highest draws to PC gaming (at least to me) is being able to have amazing graphics and low end machine can't that especially if it's more then 2 or 3 years old

If you can't a game at at least med-high settings at at least 720p then what's the point, you might as well just get a console

Back in the PS2 days when FFXI came out it came with a 250GB HDD, DE could do the same for Warframe

You want a game we don't have to pay for, to pay to create and ship "250GB" to all its players?

Are you serious? That's a bit demanding and self entitled. Why should any players be given that for free, if they do not have to pay for the game?

Because one of the highest draws to PC gaming (at least to me) is being able to have amazing graphics and low end machine can't that especially if it's more then 2 or 3 years old

If you can't a game at at least med-high settings at at least 720p then what's the point, you might as well just get a console

Not really, there are so many fantastic PC only games, or games that are better on PC (like Minecraft). Graphics aren't the only reason to play on a PC instead of a console.

It could make missions more fun. Missions based planet side could be more open and still utilise the tile set features to make them more different and open. Fill them with old Orokin ruins and maybe even an actual Grineer settlement that has been evacuated. It'd be great to see where our enemies actually reside and what their living conditions are like. 

While ships could have a set form. Corpus and Grineer ships are vast but having randomly generated area's seems a bit odd especially for a vessel. So maybe giving the ships the same layout but expand it to the shape of each ship and add more ways to sneak around unseen. Like breaking out an airlock and running along the hull of the ship to another airlock, running through vents and along cargo rails and even manipulating the ship by sealing off bulk head doors, shutting off lighting or venting the atmosphere. 

Riiiight, because graphics are the most important thing...

Pretty much only because of the games that consoles do not have, if every game was on every platform I would still be only be on a console. Personally if I wanted great graphic or visuals I would watch a movie, I could not care less about graphics I play warframe on all its lowest settings and it runs well, I also prefer the look of it to higher graphic settings. 

Two big problems with this:
1) Who would host this?  DE doesn't have dedicated servers (and they would cost a ton of money) and DE doesn't have a publishing company like Destiny does in order to foot the costs.

2) The engine that Warframe runs on CANT support things like this.
DE has addressed this in the past but they cant make open world environments (they even said they had a very hard time getting the "outdoor" tiles on the planets to work correctly because of their size and a few other things and had to hack it basically) because the game engine that they are using simply cant support it.
Destiny was made using an engine which supports it.  Which is all good and well for it.
In order for Warframe to support that they would have to change which engine that they are using.  Which would necessitate reworking ~90% of everything in the game, and then its only possible if such an engine supports everything that Warframe does.  Meaning that even if they did you would probably see quite a few features in warframe go away because the new engine doesn't support it.
And making a massive and complete overhaul to the current game engine to allow for open world environments could break a lot of things, let alone set us back in any updates for *months* as we just sit there twiddling our thumbs with no new content (as every piece of new content would have to also be redone in the new engine).

So in short this just wont be happening.

Edited by Tsukinoki