The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, I Just Found Out That Alad V Calls Zanuka "her"

Well thanks to you I have dirty images of valkyr now...just...thank..you...*sighs*

And really...love with a robot I don't think..so....just no

Not saying I agree with OP, but Corpus with a robot is probably not far-fetched.  Darvo is young by corpus standards, and he's 130.  This is highly suggesting Corpus (at least important members) have robotic augmentations, to an extent (don't take this pervertedly).  Its unlikely robots would have sexual relations the same way organic life does. 

I personally think the attachment is valid. If you value anything/anyone to that extent, you'd probably feel the same way.

And also Zanuka is his work after all so he has the right to treasure her.

Perhaps the r34 HAS gotten to my head.

Or perhaps DE are REALLY good at creating villains.

Edited by Gaminus

LOL IKR?

I wanted to make a thread about it to, but then I was like---

"okay... never mind.... just leave that weird fck Alad V alone... and... let's never talk about it again"

Nothing wrong with with Technophilia *pffffffffffffffff*

Perhaps, but what he did to CREATE the Zanuka is pretty messed.

xJW3q8C.png

If you look closely you can see a vaguely human form in the Zanuka as well as pieces of warframes.

You could easily draw that same thing on almost any 4 legged creature and say its a human being bent over but it doesnt make it anymore true.  He put money and time into creating zanuka, seeing as how corpus worship money AND technology, that seems a more logical reason on why hes attached to zanuka.  When we destroy it we're destroying his money, his time and hard work, NOT his sex slave >.<

You could easily draw that same thing on almost any 4 legged creature and say its a human being bent over but it doesnt make it anymore true.  He put money and time into creating zanuka, seeing as how corpus worship money AND technology, that seems a more logical reason on why hes attached to zanuka.  When we destroy it we're destroying his money, his time and hard work, NOT his sex slave >.<

Here's the thing though.

Only Tenno can use warframes.  If robots could the corpus would be insanely powerful.

They got around this by essentially lobotomizing a Tenno and nailing various parts of a warframe to it.

Zanuka would probably be an incredibly expensive bit of tech, stitched together from tenno or not. Not to mention, as others have said, that he built it. People get really possessive of and attached to things they put a lot of time and effort into. 

LOL IKR?

I wanted to make a thread about it to, but then I was like---

"okay... never mind.... just leave that weird fck Alad V alone... and... let's never talk about it again"

Nothing wrong with with Technophilia *pffffffffffffffff*

Why would you take his response in a sexual approach?

Here's the thing though.

Only Tenno can use warframes.  If robots could the corpus would be insanely powerful.

They got around this by essentially lobotomizing a Tenno and nailing various parts of a warframe to it.

See I'm not sure they left the human parts in the zanuka, more than likely they extracted the technology and developed an AI that could properly control it.  Leaving random body parts in a machine doesnt seem like a good idea.

Why would you take his response in a sexual approach?

I have........ no idea.

That's actually a legit question. hm.

edit.:

Actually I sometimes refer to my Computer as "Her" too (Her name is Melchizedek, lol). And this sure as hell isn't anything sexual.

hm..

I guess I just like to make fun of Alad V. Because... I hate him.

Edited by WEREsandrock

See I'm not sure they left the human parts in the zanuka, more than likely they extracted the technology and developed an AI that could properly control it.  Leaving random body parts in a machine doesnt seem like a good idea.

Crude but effective.  That's the only way to control Warframe parts or at least get them active.

I have........ no idea.

That's actually a legit question. hm.

edit.:

Actually I sometimes refer to my Computer as "Her" too (Her name is Melchizedek, lol). And this sure as hell isn't anything sexual.

hm..

I guess I just like to make fun of Alad V. Because... I hate him.

Well, he's @(*()$ DEMENTED for what he's done.  Cutting up and torturing Tenno,  LIVING, FEELING BEINGS, then putting them in robots?  That takes a level of insanity already, a level of depravity.  This seems an appropriately small step.

Edited by Gaminus

Crude but effective.  That's the only way to control Warframe parts or at least get them active.

Until DE actually tells us anything like that is only a theory, theres no hints of corpus having the technology to keep the mind active while being completely severed from everything in the body.  If there was why wouldnt they do that with all the corpus units we've slaughtered?  They could build an army of cyborgs but instead they only have robots and crewman, not a mix of both.

Until DE actually tells us anything like that is only a theory, theres no hints of corpus having the technology to keep the mind active while being completely severed from everything in the body.  If there was why wouldnt they do that with all the corpus units we've slaughtered?  They could build an army of cyborgs but instead they only have robots and crewman, not a mix of both.

The idea is that it's tricky and expensive, and not useful for peons and cannon fodder.

For a verrry powerful weapon though, it'd be worth it.

The idea is that it's tricky and expensive, and not useful for peons and cannon fodder.

For a verrry powerful weapon though, it'd be worth it.

Well wouldnt it technically be cheaper like an investment?  Thinking of how corpus work, having these cyborgs would technically save millions in paying their crewmen.  They would no longer have to pay anyone but have free slave labour that would make them 100% profit.

Well, he's @(*()$ DEMENTED for what he's done.  Cutting up and torturing Tenno,  LIVING, FEELING BEINGS, then putting them in robots?  That takes a level of insanity already, a level of depravity.  This seems an appropriately small step.

ikr?

But villain/character-design-wise DE did a great job.

I've never felt that much hatred for a fictional villain. Interesting character though.

Well wouldnt it technically be cheaper like an investment?  Thinking of how corpus work, having these cyborgs would technically save millions in paying their crewmen.  They would no longer have to pay anyone but have free slave labour that would make them 100% profit.

The components and surgery would be expensive.

Plus crewman are already pseudoreligious zealots, they probably don't get payed much anywho. 

The components and surgery would be expensive.

Plus crewman are already pseudoreligious zealots, they probably don't get payed much anywho. 

As I said before, none of this can in anyway be confirmed.  If they had advanced tech to be able to do that, they would invest in it far more than only 2(3 if you count valkyr) creations.  Seems like a massive waste of profit to have that tech and not use it to its best extent.  Especially since Alad would have tried selling this technology along with his zanuka's because I'm sure all the other corpus heads would LOVE to have that kind of tech, yet no one does, there has never been a single mention of it.

As I said before, none of this can in anyway be confirmed.  If they had advanced tech to be able to do that, they would invest in it far more than only 2(3 if you count valkyr) creations.  Seems like a massive waste of profit to have that tech and not use it to its best extent.  Especially since Alad would have tried selling this technology along with his zanuka's because I'm sure all the other corpus heads would LOVE to have that kind of tech, yet no one does, there has never been a single mention of it.

It's because he's the only one stupid enough to mess with Tenno, at least.

"The Tenno are too dangerous, too profitable, to provoke! Zanuka was a bad paradigm. A costly miscalculation. But don't worry Alad, I'll keep your credits warm when you are gone." (http://images.wikia.com/warframe/images/5/5b/FrohdVoice8.ogg)

It's because he's the only one stupid enough to mess with Tenno, at least.

"The Tenno are too dangerous, too profitable, to provoke! Zanuka was a bad paradigm. A costly miscalculation. But don't worry Alad, I'll keep your credits warm when you are gone." (http://images.wikia.com/warframe/images/5/5b/FrohdVoice8.ogg)

At this moment in time yes he is the only 1.  Though judging by how Nef is getting a rework that'll probably change, and who knows what corpus bosses will come out after him with even more devious schemes to make profit off of tenno.

Ok here goes.

No none of it can be proven but its actually not that much of a stretch to extrapolate it. We know the warframes do not grant powers but channel them (Excalibur and ember lore) this is further supported by the fact that the grineer have stripped Tenno from their suits and tried to use them to no avail (some vor lore). In essence the Tenno themselves seem to be like organic batteries that provide the power for the frames. It's safe to assume that there is a Tenno still in there cause all the lore indicates it would not work otherwise. Keep in mind now that no one alive knows really how the warframes work though undoubtedly Alad is closer than anyone.The technology associated with the Zanuka project would be unfinished research and development, that fell victim to political maneuvering which resulted in the ousting of Alad. The corpus heads would very likely kill for the tech but didnt feel keeping Alad around was worth it and where else are they going to get it? Given the nature of the glimpses of corpus politics that we've seen it's highly unlikely Alad was sharing his secrets on the Internet.

The tech can easily exsist but as others have posited it would be expensive. We don't need lore for this it is simply the nature of new technology we see it around us all the time no reason DE would change that. Given the expense the average grunt wouldn't be a worthwhile investment. The grineer do similar things out of necessity and fare no better against the Tenno than the corpus. However the controllable power of a Tenno would be worth almost any investment, as our low numbers are the only thing keeping us from being the dominant military presence in the system.

As far as theories go there's plenty that require more stretch that are accepted by the community.

Ok here goes.

No none of it can be proven but its actually not that much of a stretch to extrapolate it. We know the warframes do not grant powers but channel them (Excalibur and ember lore) this is further supported by the fact that the grineer have stripped Tenno from their suits and tried to use them to no avail (some vor lore). In essence the Tenno themselves seem to be like organic batteries that provide the power for the frames. It's safe to assume that there is a Tenno still in there cause all the lore indicates it would not work otherwise. Keep in mind now that no one alive knows really how the warframes work though undoubtedly Alad is closer than anyone.The technology associated with the Zanuka project would be unfinished research and development, that fell victim to political maneuvering which resulted in the ousting of Alad. The corpus heads would very likely kill for the tech but didnt feel keeping Alad around was worth it and where else are they going to get it? Given the nature of the glimpses of corpus politics that we've seen it's highly unlikely Alad was sharing his secrets on the Internet.

I aint replying with a wall of text, I'm to exhausted right now, but I highly doubt Alad was able to do all of this by himself, meaning there must have been some tech, crewman trying to sell it to the highest bidder, or some type of AI or store device that they would have extracted from his base of operations after we killed him.  If that technology was really made, I dont think DE would just let it die with barely anything done with it, its far to interesting to just let die with Alad.  So I stand by thinking the Zanuka is a specially designed AI that was designed to control our warframe tech to a certain degree, because obviously it isnt nearly as powerful as a true tenno/warframe, if it was his plans wouldnt have been ruined so easily.