Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Confirmed (Mirage) Megathread

Deaths.Reap3r

So, I was looking at the new mods from the event that recently happened, breeding grounds, and realized that it's not a warframe we've seen before.  Could this be a introduction to a new warframe?  And what type do you think? I personally think it looks pretty scary...

Edited by Martifyer

This still doesn't confirm the theme of the frame itself.

do think this frame will come U14.

do think she might drop from J3 Golem.

However I do not think this means that it confirms the theme of the frame itself.

I'm just saying that its more likely she is infested than grineer or earth.

My geuss is it being infested based, the event being very focused on the infested and Alad V's exploiting of a new virus of sorts, along side its colors being like that of the infested. Maybe to fit the lore this warframe will be the result of more expirements by Alad V much like Valkyr. 

Saryn was the *plant* frame

Eeehhh, seems more Poison frame to me - like the Sarin gas from which she gets her name.

I'd like to say "Typhus!!!" but she just doesn't look anything like Typhus - and, even though the gender of Zephyr was changed, she STILL maintained the basic design (especially in the helmet area). Though, after the fiasco with people complaining the realized Zephyr wasn't enough like the fan concept, I don't blame them for steering clear of messing with fan concept frames.

I think we need to see some concept art first before being judgmental.  The holographic movement of mod cards are weird as hell, can't really make out too much....but I'm going to be a hypocrite, it looks like a mech version of a Koopa 

Yes. SO MUCH THIS. There is a TON of influence from Tsutomu Nihei's work in Warframe- this is just a pleasant continuation of that. Just give Blame!, Biomega, and Abara, a look, you'll see what we mean.

Disclaimer: If you decide to read those all the way through, don't expect much in terms of Plot Coherence. It's not there in most cases, barring MAYBE Abara, where it's a pretty coherent narrative. In Blame! and Biomega, S#&$ just happens and looks awesome and distinctive, but it doesn't make a BIT of sense. Kinda like Masamune Shirow- cool ideas, great artwork, borderline nonsensical plot.

Bearframe confirmed! (joke).

There is no floppy tentacle? She has those pigtail things on both sides if that's what you mean. It doesn't look like it's made of a different material either. It looks like it's the same material as the rest of the frame.

It's difficult to tell whether the thing on the back of her head has one or two... tendrils, I guess. Anyway, to me it looks very organic. Especially the "lips" of the thing on her head, where it connects to her actual skull.

Yes. SO MUCH THIS. There is a TON of influence from Tsutomu Nihei's work in Warframe- this is just a pleasant continuation of that. Just give Blame!, Biomega, and Abara, a look, you'll see what we mean.

Disclaimer: If you decide to read those all the way through, don't expect much in terms of Plot Coherence. It's not there in most cases, barring MAYBE Abara, where it's a pretty coherent narrative. In Blame! and Biomega, S#&$ just happens and looks awesome and distinctive, but it doesn't make a BIT of sense. Kinda like Masamune Shirow- cool ideas, great artwork, borderline nonsensical plot.

I'd say mostly Nihei and Yoshiki Takaya (Guyver), along with a smattering of other late 80s/early 90s Japanese scifi classics. Heck, Nekros is basically EVA-01 in terms of proportions. 

But thanks for pointing that out. I had a feeling this frame was referencing something very specific, and it's probably Blame!.

I honestly don't care about this new frame. Hydroid hype was all like *WOW MUCH AWESOME* for a few weeks, now look at him. No one cares about him anymore. Same thing will happen to this frame so don't get all hyped over something that is not really that exciting. RAGE NOW PLEASE!!! 

Alad V needs a flamboyant accent already the way he keeps pushing out new Warframes designs. 

Although it does have similar details to Saryn, this really is nothing new. Zephyr reminded people of Volt. Oberon reminded people of a Frost/Nekros hybrid. 
Warframes do tend to resemble other warframes. 
What usually happens in these cases is that the new frame has an ability set/playstyle theoretically reminiscent of the ones it resembles.
Zephyr is very balanced, combining high mobility, a defensive shield effect, along with some CC and damage like Volt does. 
Oberon has healing support like Nekros, with area denial like Frost and an offensive lean to him like them both. And I guess radiation procc is similar to Shadows of the dead as well but that might be pushing it.
This probably means XenoFrame is going to be some way reminiscent to Saryn, and judging by what we can see of her, maybe Nova as well? So I'm guessing she's going to have a diverse array of damage abilities, delayed bursts short bursts, DoTs. With maybe a little bit of a mobility/molt combo appearing as well.  

I honestly don't care about this new frame. Hydroid hype was all like *WOW MUCH AWESOME* for a few weeks, now look at him. No one cares about him anymore. Same thing will happen to this frame so don't get all hyped over something that is not really that exciting. RAGE NOW PLEASE!!! 

Wow. Not being able to make hype threads anymore has really made you bitter.