The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

I personally would like DE to have at least 3-4 more days added to their intended launch for U14 to fine tune things. Lessening possible bug occurrence and lesser need for immediate hotfixes. Basically, just letting both DE and the players have a smoother Update launch experience. :D

They basically already do this. Bug testing is part of what they do before putting it out but there is a difference between a dozen or so people testing a couple hours a day on similar computers vs a million players on thousands of different set ups.

Yes they do, melee is a joke and you know it.  It's not that hard to make a GOOD combo system with combos that aren't a pain in the @$$ to pull off with pauses, and pressing backwards when you want to go FORWARDs to hit that bad guy 10 feet in front of you all before your teammate with the Soma shoots him in the head 30 times.

none of the combos are hard to pull off, if you put a short pause between every press you can do any combo with a pause fyi and combos that make you press back are still combos that move your frame toward your reticle so your not actually moving backwards, i use melee all the time and i get close to if not higher kills than the rest of my team, and your right its not hard to make a GOOD combo system they made one, they just didnt cater to all the whiny noobs who cant do simple imput, have you played a fighting game ever in your life? the combos consist of at max 2 different keys in which timing means nothing! if you hold back the whole time your face is slamming against the melee button you will do the combo! same with pauses and blocking! i hold the block button through the WHOLE combo of malicious raptor and guess what buddy.. it works! and for the first combo i put a breif pause between every press, sometime its not a long enough pasue but its not like its hard to adjust the next time i try, and just incase you also haddent figured it out you have to have your melee out as your main wepon to do ANY combo, that means holding f or whichever button you set to change weapons so that you pull out your melee and have just it in hand and no gun, and if your now going to complain about the flying enemys not only can you jump off of things to hit them but your buddy with the soma who your harbouring some rage about can shooth the damn things!

So, does any DE said it was going to happen this week or it's just player speculation? I know we're on u 13.9 but if they do need another week or so to make u14 "better" and come without tons of bugs(since there a lot of new stuff coming up), then i dunno why we couldn't wait for a little longer....

alot of the bugs wont really show up until its actually set in motion and not in there testing programs, there are too many variables in the actual game that the programs they use to make and test them cant account for. but im sure they will fix everything as fast as they can and hopfully there wont really be any bugs to squash im just so excited for all the new chages i cant wait @ [] @

Did I miss DE saying U14 was coming this Wednesday, or is this the usual thing of people thinking the next major update is this week, every week?

It's the latter. As usual.

They basically already do this. Bug testing is part of what they do before putting it out but there is a difference between a dozen or so people testing a couple hours a day on similar computers vs a million players on thousands of different set ups.

Oh my gaw I don't know how many times I've replied with this, or think this everytime someone posts about DEvs not testing their stuff, or want them to pre-test it to bits.

I think that's already common knowledge. What I'd like to have lessened are bugs that come out from hindsight, minor ones really like things clipping through and what not. Bugs won't be completely out of the picture and upon release there will be things that might need to be addressed.

Did I miss DE saying U14 was coming this Wednesday, or is this the usual thing of people thinking the next major update is this week, every week?

Unless DE tries to pull a patch 13.10 then next week is likely to be U14.

They can always do 13.9.1 instead if necessary.

They can't do that logically though, because the size of the update is normally denoted by the differences that the patches brings. Normal reinforcements always come in increments of .1

I will hype until the end of time

,Hype is what keeps us strong

,Hype is what keeps us Fighting we are here now because

,It is Hype that compels us to destroy the evil that we face

,It is what binds us to the Tenno code

,We HYPE until the end because

,It is Hype that gives us all of our strength HYPE FOREVER

okay I am done now *Giggles*