Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 31 Overview Part 1, Player Ships, Ui, Valkyr And More!

DE_Adam

Another big part of this UI overhaul extends to grouping with other players.  Having a squad constantly drop players if the host leaves (or in the case of the Void, if you complete a mission), is annoying; so we’ve made it that the player party will be constant when moving from one mission to the next, and worrying about having to re-gather your friends will be a thing of the past.

It's the little things like this that matter - can't wait for it to go live!

Hello

I'm glad that we finaly have claws in game, but i'd like to point some things out about it that really break the fun sometimes. i will simply add things right here about what it lacks and what would be great, and hopefully the animation team will see it.

What it lacks:

- Angles of attacks are bad for multi-hit, making this weapon not very effective against infested

- The very first hit is weak compared to the others.

- The slide attack doesn't go very far but still perform very fast, and the attack is instant, attacks verticaly, all that together means that it is very hard to aim with it and use it correctly.

- In the basic combo of the stance: first hit is weak, second hit will not be performed if the weapon is too fast (fury mod), third hit is a double front piercing attack that will be missed a lot, the last attack will hit at right and left but not in front of you.

- In one of the long combo's, the head attack will miss 80% of the time because the range is very low and the character won't go forward will performing it.

- The critical chance is way too low to try a built around it, 15% base means 24% max with the right mod, means 1/4       critical chance per hit.

- The critical multiplier is *2, not good enaught to make it viable (again).

- The range of the weapon is viable but not good, making it even harder to use effectively.

- The speed is a little slow, making it totally uneffective to use spoiled strike, resulting in a slight damage decrease compare to a lot of other melee weapons.

= You will miss a lot, you will not hit very hard, you will not critical often, you will zerged if against infested, you won't hurt very much grineer, even worst against corpus.

What it needs:

A great coptering attack just like this:

wolvie-drillclaw.gif

On the topic of the alternate helmets I think Vauban looks the weirdest. I don't understand it at all and can't seem to grasp how its supposed to look like. To be brutally honest I think it looks more like pieces of junk glued together, no offense :[

Nova looks weird with that duck-face in the 1st and 2nd but if other players like it who am I to judge especially if I'm not using her :p

Nekros on the other hand, I'm hoping none of them gets implemented. They just too darn similar to what we already have. The first one looks like the original and the other two looks like raknis. I personally prefer shroud but I hope there will be more interesting concepts for his helmet other than the 'raknis' look.

Helmets: 2, 3, 2, 1.

All of this looks cool, with one exception - when in the Liset Esc menu, the Warframe's head follows the game's innate camera wobble, causing the Frame to constantly nod sideways.  It's like he's telling us "No, no, no, no, don't just hit the menu!  Use the ship interfaces!"

EDIT: When we're in parties, can we see our team's Lisets flying together in space?  PLZ?

Edited by Kappatalist

3 Nova plz!!! I like that helmet because it looks very feminine and stream lined. Nova out of all the frames base helmet looks very un appealing to me. Her base helmet don't look very... sexy, but the third one does. Thanks devs

Edited by OrphanMaker

Since it's suggestion time in here I think I'm gonna throw in my two cents too.

You see I'm a person that likes to customize everything, especially the different looks and colors of the weapons and how well they go with a frame is a big factor to me, what I don't like however is that once you get over a certain number of frames with that type of mind, it takes a while to change the weapon set every single time you change your frame.

What I would see regarding that is a system where you don't use a "one4all" weapon set but a toggleable option that is either set to Static or Dynamic.

Let me explain what I mean with an example, lets say I got an Ember, a Rhino, a Nova and a Nekros.

Now the problem there is that I would like to use different weapons for every frame.

For example when it comes to Primary weapons I prefer a flamethrower with Ember but a Penta with my Rhino because the iron skin ability gives me a little screw up protection with it and finally I would love a Flux Rifle with my Nova to charge my drop with.

As for secondary weapons I would for example like an Akbolto with my Rhino and an Embolist with my Saryn.

Finally theres Melee weapons where I would like a Scythe type weapon with my nekros a Dragon nikana with my rhino and maybe a Scoliac with my Saryn.

Now you can imagine that the weapon switching in itself would take a while everytime I change my frame depending on what I'm in the mood for, so now Imagine that for someone who might own all frames, so what I'm proposing here is a Toggleable option that when enabled uses saved sets that get automatically equipped when the frame is equipped (Dynamic) and a Fixed set that uses the same on all frames (Static).

That together with the already suggested option to make weapon mod set switching faster would be an amazing addition for me personally.

(Side question, what are the requirements if one were to design a warframe out of boredom and where would one send that design in? what would you need to include and what would be the chances of it actually appearing in-game?)

What I would see regarding that is a system where you don't use a "one4all" weapon set but a toggleable option that is either set to Static or Dynamic.

That together with the already suggested option to make weapon mod set switching faster would be an amazing addition for me personally.

It's coming with the U14 as the "Loadout system".