Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 31 Overview Part 1, Player Ships, Ui, Valkyr And More!

DE_Adam

Dear [DE] maybe You could introduce into the game a trace line showing the way in which to go, something similiar to dead space game - some maps are confusing and it would help if You could highlight the shortest route to the current objective. It could be activated for example be holding down the map button. Please consider, it would be a great help !

I agree that being able to figure out where we're supposed to go would be an improvement over the way things sometimes are now.  But I don't agree that DE holding our hand and unrolling a ball of string in front of us is the way to go.  DE, please fix the objective so that it doesn't lie to me quite so often, and I'm perfectly capable of finding my own way, using parkour, run-n-gun, and/or Loot All The Things.

For the helmets, I vote on 01 for Nova (03 looks a bit too similar to her Flux helmet to me), and 02 for Nekros (you could call it Anubis!).

Although if I'm gonna be honest about Loki and Vauban... those appear to just be... shapes. Maybe I'd need to see them colored, but I can't really wrap my head around them.

--snip--

Days ago, I didn't like any of Nekros' helmets that were shown because they did not fit his death theme. Then, everything changed when you recommended naming the second helm Anubis (God of the Dead). Everything just clicked! And now I hoped that helm get picked and named Anubis. 

As for the others, I don't particularly like any of Loki's. They feel unfitting for Loki's design. For Vauban I like the first one. It gives him a very technician-like appearance, and third one for Nova though it doesn't really matter because all three of her design looks fine.

I don`t know if i skipped something on the thread, but why is everyone voting for the helmets?

Can`t find anything refering to a poll or something in the thread either.

Will DE take these votes into consideration? I`ll leave mine just in case

Loki: 2

Vauban: 3

Nova: 1

Nekros: 1

Edited by Nachino

I agree that being able to figure out where we're supposed to go would be an improvement over the way things sometimes are now.  But I don't agree that DE holding our hand and unrolling a ball of string in front of us is the way to go.  DE, please fix the objective so that it doesn't lie to me quite so often, and I'm perfectly capable of finding my own way, using parkour, run-n-gun, and/or Loot All The Things.

haha I wish there was still the no-map nightmare mode. But because of a lot of raging they took it out. U_U. Only got to play it once and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edited by BloodCarnival

Experienced Tenno will have access to all of their current features, but a big change will come for new players who will have to unlock each console as they advance through the starting missions of the game. This will give us the opportunity to introduce beginners to each feature in game individually, as well as provide a quick mini tutorial as to what each feature does.

Can you please give experienced tenno the option to "opt-in" to the new player experience instead of just getting a kitted out ship? I would very much like to go through that quest progression... even if I do have to be temporarily handicapped to do so. Although after I unlock my console I'd prefer to keep any items/blueprints I've already collected ;)

If by 'Wolverine' animation you mean the claw weapons, those attacks are unique to the claw weapons themselves.  Valkyr will have her own combo string unique to her Hysteria.  This way everyone can pretend to be cool like Valkyr, but Valkyr players...we'll know.  We'll know.

Since you were so kind to answer that question. Will the visual improvements of Hysteria also come with improvements for distance covering and stamina?

One of the major issues i constantly see while using Hysteria is that Valkyr is slowed down to normal run speed (instead of sprint) while striking, similar to all melee weapons. If an enemy decides to move while you attack him/her it often leads to you striking the air, only a few centimeter away from your target like a Ceno Paradox (since you both move at the same speed). So closing the distance in this case is only possible by stopping the attack, going back into sprint and hitting the enemy once again, instead of being able to chain your attacks while following.

Similar after each strike you lose a lot of stamina and when you are done with one or a small group of enemies you have to wait for your stamina to be raised enough again to sprint towards the next enemy. Even with Quick Rest this often means a waste of valuable seconds.

Overall the issue with connecting attacks and moving between targets is something i hope gets improved aswell.

Edited by Othergrunty

Would I be perverted or realistic when stating this?   I think her "bottom" should sway a little more when running forward in hysteria.  It looks like she is only moving her legs and not her hips/waist.   

Look at Nyx/Saryn + Bow + Noble stance for reference.  I think male frames should have less "sway" in their hips when using bows but that's another topic.

Would I be perverted or realistic when stating this?   I think her "bottom" should sway a little more when running forward in hysteria.  It looks like she is only moving her legs and not her hips/waist.   

Look at Nyx/Saryn + Bow + Noble stance for reference.  I think male frames should have less "sway" in their hips when using bows but that's another topic.

No no that's hmm...Realistic...Yeah....

Anyway, nice to see your upcoming stuff and actually have a nearer approach with our feedbacks. Some really interesting suggestions(like adding more directions to wallruns/improve parkour & other moves) are skipped during the 1h30 streams.

A poll for each helmet design would be great. :)

Edited by unknow99

We need an arsenal room. All our weapons on the wall to watch, like a trophy room!

Having a squad constantly drop players if the host leaves (or in the case of the Void, if you complete a mission), is annoying; so we’ve made it that the player party will be constant when moving from one mission to the next, and worrying about having to re-gather your friends will be a thing of the past.

Does this also mean that it will be easier to do key-sharing?

For example if four players each have an exterminate key and the first guy starts the mission. Then after the mission, when the group stays, can one of the other three use his key now? Or is the first guy still the squad leader and the only one that can use a key ?

(Because currently you have to activate keys before you invite your party)

Edited by Frostosti

Does this also mean that it will be easier to do key-sharing?

For example if four players each have an exterminate key and the first guy starts the mission. Then after the mission, when the group stays, can one of the other three use his key now? Or is the first guy still the squad leader and the only one that can use a key ?

(Because currently you have to activate keys before you invite your party)

That is our intention. There's a few technical hurdles to get there, but we are hoping this will work like that in U14.

Also This new menu projected out of hand <3

Dear [DE] maybe You could introduce into the game a trace line showing the way in which to go, something similiar to dead space game - some maps are confusing and it would help if You could highlight the shortest route to the current objective. It could be activated for example be holding down the map button. Please consider, it would be a great help !

acf9b55e.jpg

A trace line, or some sort of pathing display, would be nice, especially for new player experience.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

Loki : 2

Vauban : 1 or 2

Nova : 1 or 3

Nekros : most definitely 1 - others look to much like raknis

Also This new menu projected out of hand <3

acf9b55e.jpg

perhaps, Sentinel could get this function. But I see now that plumber from Dead Space has same animation as Tenno, So this feature is almost done :)

Looking at the alternative helmets, well the concept ones, most look good, as does the new UI and ship. Kubrows look like a ton of fun also.

Back at the helmets:

Loki - None, I don't like any of them.

Vauban - None, same reason as Loki.

Nova - Number 1, really nice and cool looking.

Nekros - Number 1 or Number 3, though #3 looks a lot like the Raknis helm, but the first one is pretty interesting, though it seems much like a better fit for Rhino. 

With this whole UI rework i hope you guys are going to streamline a lot of thing like giving us a option to switch builds quickly cause if it's still going to take as long as current method.....aaaarrrrggghhhhhh!

I've been suggesting this for a while.

Something simple as this.

vEFqbLW.png

And since everyone is voting.

Loki 3 Loks needs horns, make 3 look closer to a bonnethead hammerhead. Which sort looks like the space ship... so you could give him a spaceship-shaped helmet.

Vauban 1.

Nova SN  2.

Necroframe should get all this helmets because 1 looks like eva unit 01, YrRk9HAl.jpg

helmet 2 loos like eva unit 02, XVHUOSX.jpg

and helmet 3 looks like eva unit 03. 57yzQAv.jpgYou did this on purpose didnt you!

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Yeah i agree. No Breadcrumbs. Ever. That would be too much hand holding for my taste.

Will there be changes to host migration? Often at times the it makes the situation even worse to the point of kicking players out because they can't connect to the new host so reinviting isn't a solution.