Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx: Mind Control Need A Tweak A.s.a.p! Please Read (De)!

(PSN)Lord-of-Beskar

Hi fellow tenno nyx is my favorite and best warframe but there is something that bothers me about her ability mind control. Its the fact that when you use mind control on an enemy he can be killed by the caster and by teammates now, this bothers me because every time that i use nyx and use mind control i have to tell everyone in the game to not kill that enemy i just turned into an ally. When its just ridiculous because you can clearly see that the enemy is now friendly by the huge color aura with lotus symbols surrounding the enemy but players dont care they just kill them. Now this bothers me more because some enemies are very use full like for example, Heavy gunner,Bombard,Napalm,Shield Osprey,Ancient Healers and so on. For these reasons i would like for Nyx's Mind Controll Ability to be tweaked so that mind controlled enemies can only be killed by enemies or just come to their senses once mind control is over. Please tell me what you think of this idea. comment below.

i kinda think that the duration needs a little boost and prob if its possible, mind control 3 enemies or so at the same time and kinda boosting their health and shields because 1 mind controlled enemy dies in like 2 seconds

You can put mind control on some enemies that you are absolutely required to kill. If you can make it so only you or only enemies can kill this target then that would make mind control a less useful ability than it is currently. The drawbacks are good considering just how strong Mind Control is for a 1st ability.

If anything I'd suggest lifting the limit to how many targets can be controlled, or raising it.

I actually use MC as a way to disable and eliminate extremely dangerous enemies before they can kill us. So removing that would be kinda horrible, and would remove a lot of the versatility of the ability.

Trick I found to make my targets last longer, like Healers, is to try nail them right at the spawn point. Since the pulse is generally big enough to reach my teammates from the spawn, it both heals us as draws aggro for a bit.

Edited by DecapitatingJim

well i woudl love them to chaneg mind control because as it is now vor in the void dies so easy with nyx..... mind control him when he is only guy around and guess what he just looks at you as you chop him up with rank 1 gear

I think all her abilities except absorb would need some love... The puré damage attak need a buff/a totally new spell, mind control could do with a buff (either "Caster and enemies only can damage him" or unlimited time, but not both) and some increases to stats. Chaos is slightly OP so giving it a duration would make it a bit more balanced i believe. But hey this is just my thoughts..

Yeah, this would have some consequences in Exterminate or Defense if the last enemy is currently mind controlled. Kinda like how Hydroid is now with undertow. 

The thing is if an enemy is mind controlled he or her would become an ally temporally like a specter or a rescue target until the ability wears off

Edited by (PS4)berserker134

I only use MC to make a group turn on that one guy and look away from me while I'm dealing with more important things. And the obvious "oh jesus that is a heavy gunner directly in my face please no" but now that absorb is broken MC isn't even needed anymore.

The problem isn't MC, it's absorb. You don't need anything else with how that skill works now.

Hi fellow tenno nyx is my favorite and best warframe but there is something that bothers me about her ability mind control. Its the fact that when you use mind control on an enemy he can be killed by the caster and by teammates now, this bothers me because every time that i use nyx and use mind control i have to tell everyone in the game to not kill that enemy i just turned into an ally. When its just ridiculous because you can clearly see that the enemy is now friendly by the huge color aura with lotus symbols surrounding the enemy but players dont care they just kill them. Now this bothers me more because some enemies are very use full like for example, Heavy gunner,Bombard,Napalm,Shield Osprey,Ancient Healers and so on. For these reasons i would like for Nyx's Mind Controll Ability to be tweaked so that mind controlled enemies can only be killed by enemies or just come to their senses once mind control is over. Please tell me what you think of this idea. comment below.

People suggest this from time to time. The only problem I see with making enemies immune to player damage while the power is working is that trolls can also benefit from that. It can be used to keep others from completing some missions and that would be really bad.

I think a better option would be to buff mind controlled enemies (give them lost of health or armor), but then remove that buff as soon as the power ends. Trinity has a power that does exactly that. Or they could simply make it so that the enemy dies when the power expires.

By the way, we're supposed to post feedback on the feedback forums.

I only use MC to make a group turn on that one guy and look away from me while I'm dealing with more important things. And the obvious "oh jesus that is a heavy gunner directly in my face please no" but now that absorb is broken MC isn't even needed anymore.

The problem isn't MC, it's absorb. You don't need anything else with how that skill works now.

probably is because most enemies that you fight have magnetic damage on their weapons scince now absorb doesnt absorb magnetic damage

As of now, mind control is great where it stands. Although raising the cap for MCed enemies would be amazing, I do believe it's great where it stands. Sure, random players may not be smart enough not to kill them, but making it so only you can kill them would only make Nyx the new troll frame. 

One last guy in exterminate? Mind Control with all duration mods on and try to recast every time it wears off.

Also, it's already good at getting healers, tougher enemies, annoying eximuses on your side/out of the way. Magnetic eximus or parasitic eximus coming? Mind control and don't worry about them for a while. Fire eximus? Mind control and knockdown all immediate enemies.

As far as first abilities go, mind control is amazing.

No it's fine as it is.

Mind control does nothing more than keep a few enemies from shooting at you. You can either all wait and watch the enemy slowly kill each other or you can just wipe em all out in under 3 seconds. When I see mind control targets, I shoot them. Why? Because their death is the inevitable result, why delay it?

It does have a few other uses though such has the ancient healers but I don't see any good coming out of making the mind control targets invincible.

Edited by (PS4)Goldengeartwo

I'm going to say the same thing I say every time this kind of thread appears :

MAKE. THE. DAMAGE. TAKEN. ONLY. KICK. IN. AFTER. THE. ABILITY. ENDS.

There, problem solved. We Nyx users get to keep our pets for the duration of the ability without fearing the rest of the "team" will mindlessly shoot at it. Then they die. TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Oh and it will teach a lesson to our so-called "teammates"... >.<

How DE didn't think of that in the first place is beyond me.

P.S : Sorry, Nyx is my favourite/most used, and it... "irks" me every time I see threads about MC and possible "solutions" to make it worthwile in other game modes than "solo" play when it's so damn easy to get it done. Seriously.

I'm going to say the same thing I say every time this kind of thread appears :

MAKE. THE. DAMAGE. TAKEN. ONLY. KICK. IN. AFTER. THE. ABILITY. ENDS.

There, problem solved. We Nyx users get to keep our pets for the duration of the ability without fearing the rest of the "team" will mindlessly shoot at it. Then they die. TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Oh and it will teach a lesson to our so-called "teammates"... >.<

How DE didn't think of that in the first place is beyond me.

P.S : Sorry, Nyx is my favourite/most used, and it... "irks" me every time I see threads about MC and possible "solutions" to make it worthwile in other game modes than "solo" play when it's so damn easy to get it done. Seriously.

That is a good idea. I don't like the argument that "its your teammates fault, the ability is fine." The only people I see that don't shoot MC'd targets is the people using Nyx usually. Other than that, the highlight just makes alot of players blast them down.