Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Injustice Among Bows

tveeggad

It's just that kind of thing that makes me wonder...

~ Paris Prime. As of right now, considered one of the "top-tier" weapons of the game. Excels in Puncture damage. Ridiculous crits.

~ Dread. As of right now, considered one of the "top-tier" weapons of the game. Excels in Slash damage. Ridiculous crits.

~ ... And then we have Cernos. It looks better than the other bows. It deals decent Impact damage. It has okay crits. No, it doesn't excel in anything but visuals. That's about it when it comes to Cernos. 

I find it funny that there is no comparatively viable option for dealing impact damage with bows. Sure, the Cernos may be a wonky design as it is, but I actually like its design due to being as creative as it is. It would truly be fantastic if we could have an Impact oriented bow on par with the other bows, orienting the 2 other base damage types.

But let's put on our tinfoil hats here for a minute. Let's not forget that the Cernos IS a Tenno bow, just like the Paris. That could mean a Cernos Prime might be on the horizon! That would make me quite happy. 

Go on, discuss.

i don't think that any weapon should be "god tier", i'm fine with having "paris" the noob bow, "cernos" the mid tier good loking bow and then the 2 "top bows" ... it's like pretending for any secondary to be as good as brakk or mareloc

Cernos Prime would be golden and useless.

i will probably use it anyway xD

Edited by Regar

i don't think that any weapon should be "god tier", i'm fine with having "paris" the noob bow, "cernos" the mid tier good loking bow and then the 2 "top bows" ... it's like pretending for any secondary to be as good as brakk or mareloc

Yeah, might be me going paranoid about symmetry, considering the lack of impact damage.

And just to mention, my Despair can outdamage my Brakk and Marelok. Might be me not building weapons correctly, though.

IMO, the Cernos should have double the fire rate to compensate for its lower damage, as well as faster moving projectiles. The weapon is very light and wing-like, so one would expect it to be faster than the other bows.

It's a nice idea, but considering that it is an impact weapon, take a look at the arrows. It has quite a large arrowhead, hence not giving me the impression of lightweight. Ammo economy would also prove a problem. Otherwise, a very nice idea.

Edited by ConcretePie

you forget the normal paris...and all we konw how it suck..........

Before ask for nerf/buff you should wait for cernos prime.

The Paris has a prime counterpart, hence there is a viable Puncture bow.

Also, I did mention Cernos Prime, never mentioned any buffs.

Cernos is alright how it is at the moment.

It's better than the Paris (Even against Grineer, despite the Impact damage) meaning that it's not the worst bow ever.

It's also not locked behind RNG of getting the BP to drop off the Stalker or having the parts drop in the Void.

It, like the Paris, also doesn't need any Mastery ranks, unlike the MR 4 of the Paris Prime or the MR ~3? That the Stalker needs to spawn (Though that can be circumvented by playing with another person who's marked)

So yeah... Cernos is good for what it is currently.

As far as top tier impact bows go, the inevitable Cernos Prime is likely to fill that role.

So essentially this "Injustice Among Bows" is no worse than any other weapon type that's waiting around for their inevitable Prime/Wraith/Vandals that will bring a top tier version into the game.