Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Contradictory Quotes That Will Confuse Me To No End (Let's Meet Pablo And Dorian)

Innocent_Flower

https://warframe.com/news/lets-meet-pablo-and-dorian

Found two things that spoke about warframe as a whole rather than just UI in this little interview. 

It really comes down to major iterations versus minor ones. As in larger ones like Update 7 we changed the entire upgrade system. The way we approach it is if something isn’t working it’s up for grabs, no matter how much history it has. This next update is really a testament to that. A lot of things are changing drastically which is something you wouldn’t expect in a game as established as Warframe; for things to be changing this much right now, in a game this big? Well, we’re going for it anyway. It’s an interesting time for things like UI. -chuckles-

This one's great. I love it. Fantastic. They're basically just saying "Everything (that isn't working; so most things) is up for grabs". Meaning a great many changes should occur. 

D: That was kind of the big mantra for this update. Making Warframe super accessible for new players but also not disrupting current players. Really finding that perfect balance so people who have been playing for a while won’t feel disoriented.  With that in mind a lot of the changes we’ve been making have been designed to be as low-impact as possible to veterans of the game, but also at the same time it will make things easier for new players to jump in and understand everything at once. 

Here it makes me sad and I feel like the intellect of the average player is challenged here: "so people who have been playing for a while won't be disoriented" Yeah man. That whole disorientation should last... A few hours? Maybe a week if they're the kind of radical and positive changes that we need for things like leveling,mod and RNG overhauls. Never mind the short term consequences of anything drastic; We need long term improvements. 
Edited by Innocent_Flower

I think they mean they are testing the waters and making changes in short bursts in a direction, rather than an immediate complete overhaul. This way they can track if the subtle change is an improvement, an issue, or a neutral point.

They want to make a smooth transition as easily as they can in a direction they aren't quite sure of yet.

So basically they want to make major changes but don't want to change things so drastically that it alienates current players, that seems fair. I'm inclined to agree that they should take risks more often though, as it is a beta and therefore this is the time to make those major and necessary changes to systems that haven't proven effective (I eagerly await Mods 3.0).

On the other hand, I guess they are a company and therefore they have to worry about those butthurt people who rant at them when their OP weapons they invested time and platinum into have suddenly become worthless due to an overhaul of a major mechanic (even though they were warned beforehand that it's in beta and subject to change).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I don't understand why you think they are contradictory statements.  Anything that isn't working should be up for grabs for reworks is a good thing yes however taking into consideration your already established player base doesn't contradict that.  No one should have to worry about logging in one day and basically feel like they have to start all over again.  Change for the sake of change isn't always a good thing and as such all changes need to be done carefully.

And and AND they were only talking about UI. UI UI. Why frame it like these two accomplished UI fellows are responsible for not making your desired changes to areas of the game they do not survey (ie. leveling RNG, Mods, etc...)?

Come on, my Ninja!

-Gritz

Edited by RawGritz