Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Vs. Hek

DoBoMi

Question

I know the thread is titled Strun vs Hek, but I'm surprised no one has brought up the Boar.

2 Boar shots falls between 1 Strun and 1 Hek shot in damage, and it fires 2 faster than the Hek fires 1. Even on Hades I can still 1-shot a lot of stuff at close range, and 2-3 shot at medium range. It fires more than 2x shots per reload than Strun and almost 3x Hek, and reloads slightly slower than Hek. I believe it has the worst spread though (definitely worse than Hek. I don't have a Strun to compare, but wiki lists Boar as more accurate while also saying it has the most spread of any shotgun... Thanks self-contradictory wiki!).

Anyone know whether the pellet count/shot is the same for all shotguns? And what that count is? And whether Crowd Control is calculated per shot or pellet?

Pellet count on Hek is 7 and on Boar is 6, as far as I could tell testing it just now. Again, no Strun, so I couldn't check. No clue on Crowd Control.

I think we can all agree that you don't really need a HEK if you have a strun.... can't we?

And we can all agree that shotgun >>>>> rifle, can't we?

To balance shotties better, the spread has to be much wider on mid range. At the moment, you can oneshot many mobs with Strun in mid range and only need 2-3 shots on very distant targets. Instead Strun should be 2 shots on midrange and one-shot on close range. But we need to define midrange first :)