Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Odd Is Balogna Tenno

Anrothan

TL;DR

ODD is Bologna because my Rants!

So.. how many ODD runs have I done, and experience my awesome new crafted weapons.. Just for the host to leave.. and then get host migrated out with 0 experience. Seriously, WTF M8!!!

I mean, it has never been this bad before and i have just came back to WF after a 3 month hiatus.. and now I kind of regret installing WF again.

Does anyone else get this issue? I read the patch notes that they fixed it, but to no avail.

it sometimes happens that host migration issues cause the party to fail if the host leaves even if he/she was not the key user. happened to me recently in Interception IV. I used a key, host migration changed the host at the match start, 3rd wave one leaves and we all fail because he had become the host even tho i was the one using the key. key was not consumed at least.

Seems kind of exploitable if the host keeps their key, and everyone but host still gets a reward, dontcha think?

how does the host keep the key if he leaves? as suggested above the option to stay should not be there if the host leaves in missions that use a key. also maybe make it easier to tell who is the host in a party. there are many bugs related to hosting/client and this would at least allow us to make more informed decisions faster. 

Edited by ..atom..

it sometimes happens that host migration issues cause the party to fail if the host leaves even if he/she was not the key user. happened to me recently in Interception IV. I used a key, host migration changed the host at the match start, 3rd wave one leaves and we all fail because he had become the host even tho i was the one using the key. key was not consumed at least.

how does the host keep the key if he leaves? as suggested above the option to stay should not be there if the host leaves in missions that use a key. also maybe make it easier to tell who is the host in a party. there are many bugs related to hosting/client and this would at least allow us to make more informed decisions faster. 

That first issue is because the host migration transferred hosting status over to someone with a private or invite only matchmaking function. It's only really an issue in premade groups, but It probably should still be looked at.

As for the other one, if the host of a void/derelect leaves before objectives are completed he still keeps his key, and allowing people to stay after the host leaves would be highly exploitable. Infinite key uses for everyone. Could be prevented but by making the host lose his key anyway, but don't you think hosts in pugs get screwed enough as it is?

+1 for the more visible host, with the amount of bugs that's associated with the host/client data transfer I'm surprised it's not easier to know already.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

That first issue is because the host migration transferred hosting status over to someone with a private or invite only matchmaking function. It's only really an issue in premade groups, but It probably should still be looked at.

As for the other one, if the host of a void/derelect leaves before objectives are completed he still keeps his key, and allowing people to stay after the host leaves would be highly exploitable. Infinite key uses for everyone. Could be prevented but by making the host lose his key anyway, but don't you think hosts in pugs get screwed enough as it is?

+1 for the more visible host, with the amount of bugs that's associated with the host/client data transfer I'm surprised it's not easier to know already.

my point and above posters point, to which you replied with the exploit thing, was that when given the option to extract (obj completed), if the host chooses to leave, the clients should not have the option to stay because they really can't. so again .. this cannot be exploited

my point and above posters point, to which you replied with the exploit thing, was that when given the option to extract (obj completed), if the host chooses to leave, the clients should not have the option to stay because they really can't. so again .. this cannot be exploited

Ah, sorry, misunderstood the context.