Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Next dev stream: Devs confirm PWE buyout with tears in their eyes. 

- Chat blows up and people start rioting, throwing profanity and pleas of mercy around.

-Hysteria and panic hits critical mass.

- Lotus cries, rocking back and forth in the corner

- Suddenly, Ashton Kutcher jumps out from behind the couch screaming "you just got punk'd!"

-The devs smile and burst out laughing. It all went to plan.

^^^My plats on this.

all members wear pink shorts to remember the fun...

Reading one of the sources it said pwe was in the due diligence process which technically means there has been some sort of a verbal agreement on a deal and PWE is doing a background research on DE before laying down the cash which is standered procedure "Due diligence" before buying a company. 

My question is, who knocked on who's door.

Of note, if DE *does* get bought it, it doesn't matter WHAT the dev team thinks. You guys are saying "they won't let X happen", well, sorry, but the owners will either a: make them do it, or b: fire them and hire people who will.

That's kind of how businesses work.

VERY unhappy about the news. Most games I've loved that get bought out die horribly within months, or, worse, get so bad that I stop playing before they have a chance to die.

Was really hoping that DE's commitment to "make their own game" would keep this from ever being an issue.

Reading one of the sources it said pwe was in the due diligence process which technically means there has been some sort of a verbal agreement on a deal and PWE is doing a background research on DE before laying down the cash which is standered procedure "Due diligence" before buying a company. 

My question is, who knocked on who's door.

Hope they notice this thread and decide to pull out due to not wanting to have their hands full of rioting tennos :c

Bought by:

Valve = YES

CD Projekt RED = Yes

Rockstar = Hmmm

Blizzard = Meh

EA = No

PWE = RAGEQUIT

TBH, I'd rather DE go out with guns blazing like Irrational Games rather than hand it over to PWE.

bought by VALVE- clear nope, i really wish people would singing a company's praise for some terribly average games and some sales. Big woop

I just wanna know why even affiliate will such a disreputable company like PW? It's bad press, bad taste, and bad business. Surely there were other companies more closer to home for such investments with a more respectable standing.

That's pretty much why this thread blew up. No one knows what exactly will happen, but it is PWE that's involved... just why.

Heh just got plat bonus reward for daily login, but till DE clears this up I wont be buying any plat.

Sorry, but DE probably knows very well how people feel about PW.

...and they could debunk this all very easily with one post.

bought by VALVE- clear nope, i really wish people would singing a company's praise for some terribly average games and some sales. Big woop

At the end of the day even if you hate Valve.

You can at least agree...

Valve > PWE

Right?