The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Dark Sector was one of the reasons I bought an Xbox 360. I didn't know at the time it was just a tech demo, when dark sector actually came out I got it as a kind of, "Ok it's not what I wanted but what  I liked about the Demo is still in there somewhere."

And then I found out about Warframe, heard the story of how it came to be, and have been here ever since. I became a founder because I believed and still believe in Warframe.

DE please help put our fears to rest.

f68de7d93e7fc459c3649d2a96a2a71b.png

So if anything then nothings wrong here and DE wont change anything.

Yeah thats cool and all. But srly. Something like this doesnt simply happen from one to another day.....

It might be a little conspiracy thinking here but srly. These things happened in such a short time... You dont change your corporation type and then, simply get bought by another company.

Let me put this simply, If Perfect world has any say in how you create or maintain your game, then any hopes and dreams of what this game could be are stomped out with certainty.

It would crush me to see my favorite developers dreams snuffed out, please think about this and make sure you cover yourself.

Honestly, I hope PW DOES buy Warframe. Ive loved PW for ages. Been with them for PWs early days, then Jade Dynasty<3 I see no way this could end up bad. More funding for DE, better updates, less bugs due to massive team,more "balance", the list literaly could go on and on.

The bleach is over there

I don't know much about Perfect World Entertainment except the terrible things I've been reading about them so far.

I've invested so much time of my life to this game but if the PWE comes to ruin Warframe, this will literally be me:

isXSNUv3mrdY.gif

Perfect World's perfect example of lockboxes that are full of crap.

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$    |

|S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$       |

|S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$       |

|S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$      |

|S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$      |

|S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$,S#&$      |

|___________________________________________________|

Edited by coolfez

All the news I've seen on this acquisition have only cited this thread as a source. So it's still not 100% confirmed...

[DE]Rebecca commented several hours ago (page 80) that she was going to find out some information she could share with us.

If it was a 'this is a false rumor', or 'don't worry, nothing will change' we would have heard back from her by now.

Right now DE community management team is probably in a very long meeting, trying to decide how to 'break the news' and keep as many players as they can.

All the news I've seen on this acquisition have only cited this thread as a source. So it's still not 100% confirmed...

No one's saying it's confirmed.  The press release specifically states that it's non binding.  But saying that this wouldn't be an acquisition is wishful thinking.

Edited by Aggh

[DE]Rebecca commented several hours ago (page 80) that she was going to find out some information she could share with us.

If it was a 'this is a false rumor', or 'don't worry, nothing will change' we would have heard back from her by now.

Right now DE community management team is probably in a very long meeting, trying to decide how to 'break the news' and keep as many players as they can.

this is likely it

Honestly, I hope PW DOES buy Warframe. Ive loved PW for ages. Been with them for PWs early days, then Jade Dynasty<3 I see no way this could end up bad. More funding for DE, better updates, less bugs due to massive team,more "balance", the list literaly could go on and on.

I could take 10 hits of BHO and I still don't even think I'd say something that ridiculous.

brb, getting baked

can confirm that I still wouldnt say something that stupid

can also confirm that my soup is on some next level sh*t and is guaranteed to taste better than whatever any of you are eating at this very moment

All outstanding shares is all unrestricted/floating shares. Not 100% of the shares.

If DE keeps 95% of shares restricted, that means "all outstanding shares" is limited to the unrestricted 5%.

Whoa, stop.  No.  Outstanding shares means issued shares owned by shareholders that are not Digital Extremes, Ltd.  The company can buy it's own stock, sure, but this would be a truly exceptional case if DE, a private company, owned a controlling share of its own stock.

Most likely, the stock is held by its CEO & president or other investors.  In that regard, "outstanding shares" refers to ALL shares owned by institutions, persons or otherwise that are NOT Digital Extremes, Ltd.

Source, although I shouldn't have to provide one.... http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/outstandingshares.asp

I suspect it's more like DE community management and a group of other employees are deciding if they just walk out the front door.

Whoa, stop.  No.  Outstanding shares means issued shares owned by shareholders that are not Digital Extremes, Ltd.  The company can buy it's own stock, sure, but this would be a truly exceptional case if DE, a private company, owned a controlling share of its own stock.

Most likely, the stock is held by its CEO & president or other investors.  In that regard, "outstanding shares" refers to ALL shares owned by institutions, persons or otherwise that are NOT Digital Extremes, Ltd.

Source, although I shouldn't have to provide one.... http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/outstandingshares.asp

o_O

it's over...?