The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Invis... Just Stop Nerfing It Please

yarash2110

why did loki get a massive nerf to invis? and for no reason,

it's almost his only way for surviving, and now they nerfed it, not to the ground but pretty big....

if you don't own a loki you probably didn't notice this one, i'm not sure weather it's an intended design or a bug but sometimes when invis loki does 4 times melee damage, but now every once in a whole he'l do like 25% or even less damage, with my glavie prime i usually get 1k and a bit more on charge, now i get like 300 at times even with headshots, 

the next one is  what i care about the most tho is a nerf for sure, and it basically made invis not make you 100% invis, now enemies can locate you depending on sound, so if you shoot they know where you are, so you need to either not shoot or it does nothing... and come on, next time they'l make radial disarm only disarm infested... i mean come on, is that nerf supposed to make any sense?

sorry if this was poorly written, i just hope i got the point across, so thanks for reading and please write your opinion in the comments

No clue what the hell you're talking about honestly. Is it that tough to use silent weapons? Seriously. Go melee only, DON'T TOUCH THE MOBS, and keep shredding. How hard can it be?

Maybe OP think shooting Ogris at the mob while invisible and calling that "silent attack" is sensible...

a4uo7WF.gif

The AI noticing where you are is completely logical and not a nerf that I can't disagree with. What invisibility does is simply make you unseen from your enemy in any game. That doesn't mean that you can't be heard, you can't be touched etc etc. It's fine.

Learn what the meaning of invisibility is. You should be happy that you can still shoot in invisibility because most games I've played breaks invisibility after a single shot.

Lokis Invis never did more melee damage.

Yes it did.

Pro tip: if you bumped into the enemy, wait for around a second before meleeing them again, you will regain your 4x melee multiplier until you bump into them again.

Not bumping into enemies while invisible, with the usual camera angle, is quite a chore. I like the idea that they can hear your gunfire, but the bumping thing is better suited to a much slower paced game. Combining swing speed and forward motion on combos could potentially have you bumping into enemies before the blade swings around, losing your stealth multiplier.

Sounds about as obnoxious as the auto-roll.

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

Yes it did.

No, it did not. Loki Invis never did more damage. A Mod said it in the german forum. The Bonus damage was only the "stealth" bonus. Since the Enemys got a better AI you don't get the Bouns all the time.

Edited by BluSkittle

Lokis Invis never did more melee damage. They changed the Enemy AI.

actually invis did more melee damage. i think that's the only offensive skill loki has.

going back to the topic, did they really change loki's invi? my top frame is loki but honestly never felt anything changed with it. or maybe thats just me.

actually invis did more melee damage. i think that's the only offensive skill loki has.

going back to the topic, did they really change loki's invi? my top frame is loki but honestly never felt anything changed with it. or maybe thats just me.

So you're going to say the Mod had no idea what he's talking about?

Yes it did.

Not bumping into enemies while invisible, with the usual camera angle, is quite a chore. I like the idea that they can hear your gunfire, but the bumping thing is better suited to a much slower paced game. Combining swing speed and forward motion on combos could potentially have you bumping into enemies before the blade swings around, losing your stealth multiplier.

Sounds about as obnoxious as the auto-roll.

Loki is supposed to be a stealth frame and stealthy doesn't mean that you have the freedom to go around patting enemies on their back and put rockets in their mouth and expect them or their friends to not notice your deed. I think this change is welcoming and actually makes loki a challenge to master rather than just going invisible all the time kicking enemies in their A$$ while they don't even notice what happened. Like someone else said you should be happy that they didn't fix anything else about invisibility because in most of the games that i have played, invisibility breaks or wears off if you shoot a weapon.

Edited by (PS4)jenax002

i don't know anything about that, but i've been playing the game for almost a year now, and i clearly remember that loki's invisibility once had a bonus damage to its melee, along with ash. 30% for loki i think? then 25% for ash? can't remember the exact digits though. that's why i really loved a loki melee build before, but when melee 2.0 came it somehow got nerfed to make him less OP with the combo mulipliers.

Forum moderators aren't DE employees or any more knowedgeable about the game than anybody else. They just ensure rules are upheld.

Being picky over the semantics of whether the 4x damage bonus came from a nebulous "stealth" bonus or from using the invisibilty skill is irrelevant, as using invisibilty put you into the required stealth state. Persistent stealth status is really the only function of the invisibility skill.

Loki is supposed to be a stealth frame and stealthy doesn't mean that you have the freedom to go around patting enemies on their back and put rockets in their mouth and expect their friends not to notice your deed. I think this change is welcoming and actually makes loki a challenge to master rather just going invisible all the time kicking enemies in their A$$ while they don't even notice what happened. Like someone else said you should be happy that they didn't fix anything else about invisibility because in most of the games that i have played, invisibility breaks or wears off if you shoot a weapon.

I think the idea is a challenge that doesn't work well with the game mechanics. The game is really not one of precise footwork and not being able to see your character model clearly while invisible makes positioning that much more difficult.

I like the idea of being able to lure enemies around by making noises. One of the most frustrating things about invisiblity was everything being oblivious no matter what a player did. I just think, due to the way enemies dash around due to their pathing and the way melee attack animations work, that losing the melee stealth bonus because you touched them is an unnecessary penalty.

i don't know anything about that, but i've been playing the game for almost a year now, and i clearly remember that loki's invisibility once had a bonus damage to its melee, along with ash. 30% for loki i think? then 25% for ash? can't remember the exact digits though. that's why i really loved a loki melee build before, but when melee 2.0 came it somehow got nerfed to make him less OP with the combo mulipliers.

it was +50% damage on normal attacks and +100% damage on charged attacks while invisible.

It was changed to a 4x multiplier while invisible with Melee 2.0.

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

all this did was make playing loki less brain-dead easy.

you can still do everything you did with him before.

i was still able to take out vor, solo, with nothing but a vigor and unsilenced aklex without getting hit.

but instead of standing still pumping rounds into him, i actually had to fire and move.

as a primary loki player, i totally support this change.

Forum moderators aren't DE employees or any more knowedgeable about the game than anybody else. They just ensure rules are upheld.

Being picky over the semantics of whether the 4x damage bonus came from a nebulous "stealth" bonus or from using the invisibilty skill is irrelevant, as using invisibilty put you into the required stealth state. Persistent stealth status is really the only function of the invisibility skill.

He said he asked some DE's and he said Lokis Invis NEVER did more Melee Damage. 

Lokis Invis never did more melee damage. They changed the Enemy AI.

it always did?

No clue what the hell you're talking about honestly. Is it that tough to use silent weapons? Seriously. Go melee only, DON'T TOUCH THE MOBS, and keep shredding. How hard can it be?

first of all no frame should force the player for a loadout, second of all now that melee with him is like 5% of the original damage it's not always that viable, and also it forces the player for a type of gameplay when it really shouldn't

a4uo7WF.gif

The AI noticing where you are is completely logical and not a nerf that I can't disagree with. What invisibility does is simply make you unseen from your enemy in any game. That doesn't mean that you can't be heard, you can't be touched etc etc. It's fine.

Learn what the meaning of invisibility is. You should be happy that you can still shoot in invisibility because most games I've played breaks invisibility after a single shot.

in most games you can survive taking a few shots, with loki you can't, besides it doesn't make any sense that every enemy in the solar system can aim with 100% accuracy after hearing a gunshot...so don't try and tell me that makes sense