Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Would Like To Thank Steve For Throwing Down The Mic On The Mods And Joining The Scott Side Of The Void.

Mak_Gohae

To be honest, I both gained and lost respect for Steve and the way he handled it.(I have a very complicated respect system, no time to explain it here)

On one hand I did like seeing him defend his ideas and his stances the way he did because it shows that he really does have that passion for his "creation" and he wants to make sure it stays "his"  especially after seeing what he's been through before with Dark Sector and now he finally has the means to make what he wants and believes so strongly in it.

On the other hand, there is some good feedback and he basically told a lot of people who really wanted to help improve the game "F*** off, I don't give a S#&$ about your ideas or your attempts to help".  If that's the attitude that's going to be given then why have feedback sections in the first place?  A lot of people, including myself, put up a lot of money with purchases of Founder's Packs, plat purchases, and Prime Access because we really want the game to succeed and may have some good ideas that would make it better, but I don't plan on buying anything else if this is the type of response we're going to get whenever we try to submit an idea that may help the game.

Hey Mak, I've seen you follow the path of least resistance in response to the Dark Souls comparison.

Refusing to acknowledge something unless it's delivered to you is certainly easier than putting a few keywords into YouTube/Google after all.

No i followed the path of i-dont-know-the-game-so-how-can-i-understand-your-point-when-you-dont-elaborate-and-then-say-you-go-and-figure-out.

Simply looking at DS gameplay does not explain his point.

1) I'm not giving you my opinion, my statement was one of fact.

Dude, awesome joke.

Anyway, we don't need to "predict" behavior here, we can all see the Pentas, Somas Novas and Rhinos to illustrate the heuristic in action.

Right, some people do this because of how they play and some do these because that's what they were taught.

But there are people on the other side. I'm a straight up pugger and i dont remember the last time i saw a soma. Heck, i dont think have seen in the game.

2) Can you write <answer> tags around the answer? If you attempted an answer to my specific question, it was garbled/unclear/rhetorical beyond recognition

All the words under the quotes are part of the answer, again, if you refuse to accept the answer i cannot help you. 

EDIT- Oh right, you keep switching or talking about Endgame without telling me. I have been asking you to label your answers to show when your discussion is endgame or not. If my answers dont make sense is because you folks are discussing a different subject you dont bother telling people about. So, again, label your answer to show what is endgame and what is not.

3) I am a black American.

"Several" of us did not die while fighting for civil rights. Ahem.

When you are the target of oppression, reinforced with violence, behavioral heuristics can get a little iffy.  You get me?

3) You just equated the struggles of millions of my ancestors to live free from oppression to loadout selection in a videogame.

You're one step away from supporting Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia....ki/Godwin's_law). AKA - the hitler reference.

Do yourself a favor and keep the conversation about videogames.

That part of the post had NOTHING to do with video games.

That part of the post was answering the quote where you say this is "humanity" that nearly everyone does it.

If you meant this to only be about video games then you should have clarified it a bit because it read like a general statement.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I'm not even going to respond to your "explanation" of why it's appropriate to use an analogy about deaths of hundreds of people on a videogame forum. Go look in the mirror and debate that with yourself.

1) I'm not giving you my opinion, my statement was one of fact.

Dude, awesome joke.

And this is apparently the part of the show where you literally ignore facts.

Google Principle of Least Effort. Or click any references at my link. It's an observable, studied psychological phenomena, not an opinion. You ignoring facts discredits you, and anything else you say - making further discussion pointless. 

Judging by the upvotes being greater than the number of people involved in the convo, I hope I've helped at least one person who came here with a doubt and left without one.

/out

Edited by notionphil

I'm not even going to respond to your "explanation" of why it's appropriate to use an analogy about deaths of hundreds of people on a videogame forum. Go look in the mirror and debate that with yourself.

You brought up nearly all of humanity....and i cant use examples about the subject you brought up?

Those are some strange rules, guy.

And this is apparently the part of the show where you literally ignore facts.

Google Principle of Least Effort. Or click any references at my link. It's an observable, studied psychological phenomena, not an opinion. You ignoring facts discredits you, and anything else you say - making further discussion pointless. 

Judging by the upvotes being greater than the number of people involved in the convo, I hope I've helped at least one person who came here with a doubt and left without one.

/out

This is what happens when i click on the link.

D2kklgWl.jpg

Is this not a joke? Cause the page is empty.

Fix the link, man.

No i followed the path of i-dont-know-the-game-so-how-can-i-understand-your-point-when-you-dont-elaborate-and-then-say-you-go-and-figure-out.

Simply looking at DS gameplay does not explain his point.

It doesn't matter what label you give it.

Unless you're saying it's more difficult to have references given to you than finding the information for yourself, it's still path of least resistance behavior.

His point was that the bigger the danger something poses the more telegraphed it should be, otherwise it feels cheap.

I am so happy Steve said that. I have noticed a huuuuuge drop in the annoying clutter posts demanding a public gutting of WarFrame. Posts are getting more progressive and interesting without all the ridiculous pages of complete ground up redesigns. Thanks Steve more of the top of the barrel please!

Needless to say, this is an extremely unique situation you create that can be recreated by other people but the chances of a new player doing it are extremely to almost nonexistent. Sorry but whatever point you were trying to make is just not valid. I mean, if you get to max rank before even popping to earth... who the hell cares about having Max Serration, you can put on max anything at that point.

The Point Is...

Just naturally progressing through the planets, Rank14 is not too unheard of to have before Earth. In fact, I bet I'd have more than 14 if I were to just go straight without repeating any missions any more than absolutely necessary.

You only need Rank14 to equip a Max Serration on your gun.

Super jump is fine, diamond skin is fine, Flow and Redirection are not needed as oh wait.... is this end game discussion?

Ahh, yes, the "Mak_Gohae Answer".

"It is fine."

Without any rhyme or reason as to why "It is Fine", despite the fact that almost nobody uses it and/or there are superior versions of the same thing available elsewhere, and/or why it would be a detriment to the game if it were improved so that more people would use it. No "this vs that" discussion, no "I believe it is OK, because...." or "It would be overpowered if you buffed it, because...." or any of that kinda thing.

Nope.

All we get is "It is fine."

Lemme guess, Intruder is "Fine" too, eh?

Like I said earlier in the thread, he's just trolling. He doesn't care about actually improving the game to make it more fun; his responses make that absurdly clear. He's arguing against change just for the sake of arguing against change and no other reason.

The Point Is...

Just naturally progressing through the planets, Rank14 is not too unheard of to have before Earth. In fact, I bet I'd have more than 14 if I were to just go straight without repeating any missions any more than absolutely necessary.

You only need Rank14 to equip a Max Serration on your gun.

It's a very specific situation.

On top of that there are many hurdles including the idea that a brand new player is going to drop money for a max mod that sells for around a couple hundred plat, that he needs to get to rank 2 to trade, some one is going to sell it for cheap, and earth is getting to the mid game where stuff is dealier anyway.

Ahh, yes, the "Mak_Gohae Answer".

"It is fine."

Without any rhyme or reason as to why "It is Fine", despite the fact that almost nobody uses it and/or there are superior versions of the same thing available elsewhere, and/or why it would be a detriment to the game if it were improved so that more people would use it. No "this vs that" discussion, no "I believe it is OK, because...." or "It would be overpowered if you buffed it, because...." or any of that kinda thing.

Nope.

All we get is "It is fine."

Lemme guess, Intruder is "Fine" too, eh?

Like I said earlier in the thread, he's just trolling. He doesn't care about actually improving the game to make it more fun; his responses make that absurdly clear. He's arguing against change just for the sake of arguing against change and no other reason.

I actually gave examples of why i think these specific mods are ok ( to that person i was discussion this earlier with ) in the normal game but instead of you asking for clarification like a normal person would when they want to have a conversation... you go on to create this idea that i am just making empty posts because you dont want to have a conversation you just want to name call. That part of the post you are using for this is under a quote from the person i was replying to where he CLEARLY says that i've already explained some of the possible uses.

You know why i asked that question at the end of that sentence? Because unlike you i want to have a conversation about the topic. I already explained those mods but he asked another question about them and since just very recently the dude offhandedly mentioned that he was discussing endgame without letting me know pages before.... i needed clarification on what he was talking about because the answer about those mods does change based on that. Because if i actually put down an answer without knowing the actual subject then you folks go on to call me a troll because i am ignoring the topic which happens to be a topic no one decided to tell anyone about. Because, apparently, we all read minds, right? This topic had nothing to do with endgame but it seems several of you were discussing endgame and never bother to actually mention it. So i asked the question so there wouldn't be a waste of time.

So, do you want to discuss the topic of these mods in particular or are you just going to BS around some more?