The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Insufficient Memory Issues After Latest Patch..

Busterwulf1980

Not sure who to talk to about this issue that's suddenly arose after this last patch. I've been playing the game for well over a year now and never had any issues until now where the game boots me to desktop and tells me my video memory is running low and the Evolution Engine is the culprit. It then ask me if i want to close the engine. If i don't and return to the game after a short while the game crashes and closes itslef and i have to relaunch the entire game all over again.

My system specs

Window 7 64-bit

AMD Quad Core running @ 3.1MHz

16GB Crucial Sniper Series DDR3

2 EVGA GTX 550 Ti running in SLI

I dont think I should be running into issues like this, but I am. Any suggestions?

Edited by Busterwulf1980

The game's RAM usage has really shot up for me too for some reason.

It's currently idling at ~1.4 gigs of RAM... on the star chart.  That's easily triple the norm.

96cb39a942.jpg

As far as GPU/memory usage at the same time as the above shot...

70b63bba5b.png67e9e67759.png

I am running 64-bit with DX11 on on Windows 7, will test to see if this happens in 32-bit without DX11.

It could be possible that other applications are being resource hogs. Try opening your task manager and keeping an eye out for programs that use large amounts of memory.

With your current setup though, you really shouldn't be receiving any errors like that. I suspect it may have something to do with your virtual memory settings:

89d83165922cd8d5f5db0d95430576ac.png

Just a note, although it says mine is fairly low, that is because I use a SSD setup (I have no physical hard disk) and have 10GB of RAM on my laptop. Virtual memory on a SSD is not very good, as it involves lots of reads/writes which can kill SSD lifetime.

I mean, I run it on highest settings on a laptop with 6GB of RAM less than you, a desktop with 2 GPUs and don't get any problems. So yeah, I suspect other issues are afoot (driver, background programs, etc).

Also keep in mind the 64-bit version of the game will likely use a much larger chunk of memory.

Alright, tried the 32-bit option without DX11 on, and there's not much improvement.

172e7a209e.jpg

Take note, that I am not getting any warnings about video memory, nor is my game crashing/closing like the OP.  I'm just noting as well that there seems to be a major RAM usage increase lately.

maybe it's a VRAM issue? 

Last time i checked Warframe used >1GB VRAM

These are my figures now running everything maxed:

warframea2jh8.png

Y-axis contains relevant maximums.

Just under 4GB RAM usage (touched 4GB at one point)

1.5GB VRAM usage.

OP's cards have 1GB VRAM, what settings are being run?

EDIT:

woop, just re-read the OP. with everyone talking about system ram i got confused. Regardless, i think i covered all bases with the graphs. Try turning down some settings.

EDIT:

Turning off PhysX didn't do much. Still 1.5GB VRAM

Turning "Texture Memory" down to low got me to ~1GB

Edited by MillbrookWest