Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Scanner Informant

Cangtaro

Wouldn't it be cool if you looked through a codex scanner and could see enemies statistics and weaknesses?

well I had and Idea that if a Tenno has a fully scanned enemy, they could he to information in real time through  codex scanner.

Say,your looking a Grineer Lancer, for example, and you have themm all scaned out and you see holographic displays over their heads of the weaknesses, so you see they are weak to puncture and you apply accordingly.

you have to admit it would be fun.

Yeah, as fancy as it would be I'm really not seeing any real merit to this.  You can't swap mods or change loadouts whilst in a mission, so unless you already know what things are weak to what you are likely to have come unprepared to begin with in terms of exploiting weaknesses.

Even if this was a thing, I'd want it toggled off just to avoid unnecessary clutter on the screen.  The weaknesses and resistances are in the existing Codex, so just get your memorization on and then get your imagination on and pretend the visuals are there.

In other words, I'm not down with this.

Current problem:

The enemy mob in question is spotted, and is struck by enough damage to sink a battleship and/or gets pinned to a wall / vaporized / dissected into 3-4 parts.

If you are looking at one enemy long enough for something to pop up over it's head, in this game, your playing it wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Current problem:

The enemy mob in question is spotted, and is struck by enough damage to sink a battleship and/or gets pinned to a wall / vaporized / dissected into 3-4 parts.

If you are looking at one enemy long enough for something to pop up over it's head, in this game, your playing it wrong.

You can always play Solo to Scan. I would love this if they would decrease nedeed number of scans to a sum of 1-3 and introduce lore instead of 20 Scans in order to get Drop Information.