Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gradivus Day Two [Ooc Discussion Thread]

SnaleKing

See this is the way I see it, assassinate them once, they'll have to replace them. Implanting memories takes time but is worth it for the Grineer. During that time, the Tenno could focus on other things and not have to deal with the imminent threat the VIP poses (like petting their Kubrow for instance). Thus it's not useless to assassinate targets if they keep coming back because it drains time and resources from the enemy whilst also distracting them.

And that's an interesting theory, but it isn't lore. There's no indication the grineer have memory-copying technology, or that they're good enough at cloning to make multiple not-awful copies of leaders. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have the same perfect generals for centuries? Why would they bother fighting their body's decay, if mortality was effectively a non-issue?

It's loosely justifiable, but it's not lore. That which dies, dies.

And that's an interesting theory, but it isn't lore. There's no indication the grineer have memory-copying technology, or that they're good enough at cloning to make multiple not-awful copies of leaders. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have the same perfect generals for centuries? Why would they bother fighting their body's decay, if mortality was effectively a non-issue?

here here!

I got nothin, I guess Hess Kem's not coming to Gradivus day 2....

Hey, new to the RP section but I know my way around RP in general. I've been looking through this OOC thread and i'm quite interested, although stop me now if this thing has already died out, which the lack of activity in the IC thread strongly suggests.

I assume Tenno are allowed to be used? I have a character in mind, and can post it later when I get some sort of response.

Have a nice day.

Hey, new to the RP section but I know my way around RP in general. I've been looking through this OOC thread and i'm quite interested, although stop me now if this thing has already died out, which the lack of activity in the IC thread strongly suggests.

I assume Tenno are allowed to be used? I have a character in mind, and can post it later when I get some sort of response.

Have a nice day.

Heyo!

The thread hasn't died out, it hasn't started, due to me wanting to get a few more characters before I formulate a plot and more specific scenario. Drakeardian's been a bit enthusiastic about posting.

Tenno are great, go ahead and post a description.

Alright, so here goes. This is all being composed from something I've had on wait, and really want to put into effect. I can make changes if needed but this is what I had in mind.

Name: Saryn

Frame: Saryn

Helmet: Stock

Personality: All-Round very serious person, calm, collective, borderline dead-pann in the way she talks and acts. She has trouble expressing any emotions as well as understanding other's emotional responses. She shows strong leadership qualities and takes her job as a Tenno quiet seriously, demands a certain level of respect and is a little bit of a narcissist. Enjoys biological experiments so she spends a lot of time in the Bio-Lab when not on mission.

Physical Qualities: Athletic body, Innate resistance to toxins, Iliac armor and Syandana

Weaponry: Prefers Bio-Weapons; Phage, Embolist, Dual Ichor

Context: All too aware of the possible consequences if this situation was left unchecked, Saryn is willing to step up the the plate and do whatever she can to keep the balance, however the mention of loot is also enticing.

Essentially i'm saying that I want to play the Saryn.

Now I am aware that playing as cannon warframe and giving them a personality may kind of infringe on certain rules you have in place, i'm sure you will but don't be afraid on calling me out on anything I should take another look at, I understand if you would rather I just change to a complete OC.

Alright, so here goes. This is all being composed from something I've had on wait, and really want to put into effect. I can make changes if needed but this is what I had in mind.

Personality: All-Round very serious person, calm, collective, borderline dead-pann in the way she talks and acts. She has trouble expressing any emotions as well as understanding other's emotional responses. She shows strong leadership qualities and takes her job as a Tenno quiet seriously, demands a certain level of respect and is a little bit of a narcissist. Enjoys biological experiments so she spends a lot of time in the Bio-Lab when not on mission.

Physical Qualities: Athletic body, Innate resistance to toxins, Iliac armor and Syandana

Context: All too aware of the possible consequences if this situation was left unchecked, Saryn is willing to step up the the plate and do whatever she can to keep the balance, however the mention of loot is also enticing.

Now I am aware that playing as cannon warframe and giving them a personality may kind of infringe on certain rules you have in place, i'm sure you will but don't be afraid on calling me out on anything I should take another look at, I understand if you would rather I just change to a complete OC.

That should be fine, as long as you're not implying that no other Saryns exist or anything like that. We rarely have people run straight, quirk-and-gimmick-free OC's, so this should be interesting.

Um, Phage wasn't avaliable in update 10.50 (The Gradvius Dilemma Update)

That should be fine, as long as you're not implying that no other Saryns exist or anything like that. We rarely have people run straight, quirk-and-gimmick-free OC's, so this should be interesting.

I'm not, but she will be referring to herself as the original, but I assume you got that.

I completely forgot about this, however that is a little bit of a grey zone, I can change of course, and we could just assume that the weapon was being researched and wasn't ready by then.

I'm not, but she will be referring to herself as the original, but I assume you got that.

I completely forgot about this, however that is a little bit of a grey zone, I can change of course, and we could just assume that the weapon was being researched and wasn't ready by then.

Ah, good catch, Drake. Maybe Torid instead? Or Synapse?

I'll take the Torid then, on the condition that it has its new appearance, rather than the green Ogris look.

Oh, yeah, I assume the green box was a placeholder/non-canon model, rather than the reskin being a canon upgrade.

Oh, yeah, I assume the green box was a placeholder/non-canon model, rather than the reskin being a canon upgrade.

Well then i'm all set. I guess its time to play the waiting game till you have enough people to start?

Edit: Some sort of notification, like a PM would be nice when this is all going to start, until then i'll be checking in once a day.

Edit Edit: Small question I forgot to ask, about how many people are you willing to have before this RP is consider'd full? I'm not very experienced with anything that involves more than about ten people, and after that it becomes a bit of a headache, and almost a full time job to watch the thread and make sure you don't miss anything.

Edited by Zachbot20

• 1 month later...

Characters

Faction – Corpus

Name – Guas

Troop type – Tech

Personality – A hardened war veteran that has been in many battles and has seen the true terror of war. This has not scared him however, as even though Gaus is generally very serious while on the front lines, he is not afraid to crack a joke or make a witty remark. Off the battlefield, Guas is a very friendly and likebale person, who enjoys activities such as games of thinking and reading above all else.

Guas values human life above all else, often going out of his way to ensure the safety of his squad members, whether they be permanent or temporary. However, if it comes down to it, Guas would sacrifice himself if it means saving Cinper, … or …

Bio - Guas has been in the Corpus military for a very long time, having made his way up the ranks from standard Crewman to Tech. Guas is renounded for his ability to command small squads to the best of their abilities, earning him the position of leader of “Quick Response Unit MP – 247”. He is very aware that the battle of Quirinus may be his last, however he will try his hardest to make sure he can bring his squad home, even if it means he cannot do the same for himself.

Equipment – Normal Corpus Tech suit, modded Supra (modded for increased mag and ammo capacity for increased suppressive fire abilities), 3 plasma grenades and 3 undeployed shield ospreys

Weaknesses and Shortcomings – Due to how much he values human life he has been known to do pretty radical things to ensure the safety of his squad, often even decreasing the effectiveness of his squad to ensure their safety (example: would sacrifice three proxies to save a temporary, not very skilled squad member) and also doing things that go against the board and his own orders.

The death of Cinper, … or … would deeply devastate him and result in his perception and proper way of thinking to be clouded, causing him to do non-thought out actions that may put himself and his crew in danger/lead them into a trap

Name – Cinper

Personality – Like Guas, Cinper is a hardened war veteran that has been in many battles and has seen the true terror of war. However, unlike Guas, Cinper acts the part. He is always very serious, whether off or on the battlefield, rarely ever socializing with the rest of his crew off duty. Cinper always either spends his time on the battlefield or in a military base where he practices and hones his skills. Cinper has saved his squad mates on dozens of occasions, and the rare few times he cracks a smile or makes a comment of his own show that there truly is a person beneath the old crusty exterior.

Bio – A very talented marksmen, Cinper has been hailed as one of the best snipers the Corpus have to offer, having proved his abilities with a rifle ten-fold. He knows what good sniping positions are, he knows how many shots it takes to kill a particular Grineer, he knows which enemies to prioritize and he knows and he knows what place he should shoot at to benefit the current situation.

Equipment – Standard Corpus Sniper tech suit (painted over to blend into the scenery), a modified Lanka (for increased damage and accuracy) and two plasma grenades.

Weaknesses and Shortcomings – As he often hangs out behind his squad Cinper is very vulnerable if a Grineer manages to sneak up on him.

Lacks effective short ranged weapons

I still have two more characters I wish to add, however I have yet to finished writing them out fully and so I thought I’d just post my two finished characters in advance for you to access and what not.

Also, on the subject of the tech’s Shield Ospreys, I don’t think a Tech’s infinite supply is really “true lore” so I gave him a limited number, however I would go down to two undeployed Shield Ospreys if you deem three to be too many.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Characters

Faction – Corpus

Name – Guas

Troop type – Tech

Personality – A hardened war veteran that has been in many battles and has seen the true terror of war. This has not scared him however, as even though Gaus is generally very serious while on the front lines, he is not afraid to crack a joke or make a witty remark. Off the battlefield, Guas is a very friendly and likebale person, who enjoys activities such as games of thinking and reading above all else.

Guas values human life above all else, often going out of his way to ensure the safety of his squad members, whether they be permanent or temporary. However, if it comes down to it, Guas would sacrifice himself if it means saving Cinper, … or …

Bio - Guas has been in the Corpus military for a very long time, having made his way up the ranks from standard Crewman to Tech. Guas is renounded for his ability to command small squads to the best of their abilities, earning him the position of leader of “Quick Response Unit MP – 247”. He is very aware that the battle of Quirinus may be his last, however he will try his hardest to make sure he can bring his squad home, even if it means he cannot do the same for himself.

Equipment – Normal Corpus Tech suit, modded Supra (modded for increased mag and ammo capacity for increased suppressive fire abilities), 3 plasma grenades and 3 undeployed shield ospreys

Weaknesses and Shortcomings – Due to how much he values human life he has been known to do pretty radical things to ensure the safety of his squad, often even decreasing the effectiveness of his squad to ensure their safety (example: would sacrifice three proxies to save a temporary, not very skilled squad member) and also doing things that go against the board and his own orders.

The death of Cinper, … or … would deeply devastate him and result in his perception and proper way of thinking to be clouded, causing him to do non-thought out actions that may put himself and his crew in danger/lead them into a trap

Name – Cinper

Personality – Like Guas, Cinper is a hardened war veteran that has been in many battles and has seen the true terror of war. However, unlike Guas, Cinper acts the part. He is always very serious, whether off or on the battlefield, rarely ever socializing with the rest of his crew off duty. Cinper always either spends his time on the battlefield or in a military base where he practices and hones his skills. Cinper has saved his squad mates on dozens of occasions, and the rare few times he cracks a smile or makes a comment of his own show that there truly is a person beneath the old crusty exterior.

Bio – A very talented marksmen, Cinper has been hailed as one of the best snipers the Corpus have to offer, having proved his abilities with a rifle ten-fold. He knows what good sniping positions are, he knows how many shots it takes to kill a particular Grineer, he knows which enemies to prioritize and he knows and he knows what place he should shoot at to benefit the current situation.

Equipment – Standard Corpus Sniper tech suit (painted over to blend into the scenery), a modified Lanka (for increased damage and accuracy) and two plasma grenades.

Weaknesses and Shortcomings – As he often hangs out behind his squad Cinper is very vulnerable if a Grineer manages to sneak up on him.

Lacks effective short ranged weapons

I still have two more characters I wish to add, however I have yet to finished writing them out fully and so I thought I’d just post my two finished characters in advance for you to access and what not.

Also, on the subject of the tech’s Shield Ospreys, I don’t think a Tech’s infinite supply is really “true lore” so I gave him a limited number, however I would go down to two undeployed Shield Ospreys if you deem three to be too many.

there's two biographies