The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For Carrier Fix.

zebar1313

I know on the last devstream they mentioned giving all sentinels vacuum, but to do so they would need to give the carrier a new ability. 

My suggestion... why not just do as it's name suggests? 

Packmule mod- Allows the sentinel to hold extra ammo in reserves for the player (reserves are based on the ammo type the player is using I.E. Sniper it holds extra sniper ammo, bows, extra arrows, etc etc. 

This can be balanced by giving it like 5 ranks each mod card

Rifle ammo- 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120 extra rounds. (maybe less, just using the ammo drop amount since it would be easier to calculate) 

Shotgun ammo- 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 extra shells

Sniper ammo- 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 extra rounds

Arrow ammo- 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 extra arrows

Pistol ammo- 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90 extra shots. 

These values can be changed because obviously you have mods like ammo drum and such, but honestly people rarely use these because they focus on damage only. This could help add more variety to the carrier. (give the carrier the option between this mod or the vacuum mod. This mod could also be used on other sentinels as a varient as well. 

I personally like running with wyrm prime now so i'd like to have either a vacuum or ammo pool on em. 

(also a small side note: if your sentinel dies all the ammo it has stored will be lost, let it drop like a single pack, but not the whole ammo pool to avoid it from being to OP.) 

Edited by zebar1313

I think it should "Carry" an extra loadout for you. Pick a melee, 2ndary and primary from your arsenal to switch to at any point. Pack Mule is a good idea but I want it carry something more beneficial than extra ammo.

I think it should "Carry" an extra loadout for you. Pick a melee, 2ndary and primary from your arsenal to switch to at any point. Pack Mule is a good idea but I want it carry something more beneficial than extra ammo.

Ammo health and energy that it drops for you when youre low

A great idea, OP.

Perhaps it would be possible for the carrier to distribute a fraction of this ammo to fellow squadmates, taking up the role of a supplementary ammo supplier in the same way ammo restore kits do, but in a smaller quantity and obviously more instant response to the squad's needs.

To stop it from draining from you're own extended ammo supply, perhaps it could only activate the team ability when the user's ammo has been filled and further ammo is available on the ground.

Or maybe the ammo resupply could be the core ability itself, in that case, the ability could activate in a small area around the player and instantly refill the current ammo magazine/clip when it notices the user is below 75%/60%/45%/30% of their magazine capacity (respective to the rank of the mod) and anyone nearby the sentinel's small refill radius will also be restocked.

Definitely some potential for refitting the carrier.

Sorry to hijack your idea with my own thoughts, but i'm here to contribute.

Thanks for your time.

And when you switch weapons it launches them towards you like how R2D2 launched Luke's lightsaber in Return of the Jedi.

Your warframe also does a cool looking flip as it catches the weapon

How about you just carry Ammo Restores.

The damn things were just meant to satisfy people weird fetish about in game pets. They do too much already, stop trying to mess with them.

lol 

to OP : 

Great idea, but I think you should increase the amount of ammo stocked a bit. 

Love the additional gear idea too. I would be happy if my Carrier could carry a second secondary for me and let me change in the middle of a battle.

lol 

to OP : 

Great idea, but I think you should increase the amount of ammo stocked a bit. 

Love the additional gear idea too. I would be happy if my Carrier could carry a second secondary for me and let me change in the middle of a battle.

Carry a secondary? For you?

So in one single swoop you remove an entire mechanic the devs put in to specifically limit you in your weapon selection.

Why not let players drop guns to allow other players to pick them up, I mean, that sounds more logical.

You want extra firepower, drop a specter, and before you say "they aren't that powerful" then maybe realize that they were made like that for a reason, and by messing with the power level of Sentinels, you are crossing those lines again.