Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Quanta Needs A Buff

SeargantHaztagazpacho

It's become one of those weapons that have potential but a major downfall that hinders them.

For such a long reload time, and a medium-large magazine size, it doesn't do enough damage. It does just as much as the Gorgon.

I think that buffing the damage alone would do wonders for this weapon, because as of now it's about as useful on high level as it looks, a pogo stick.

Discuss your ideas on how to improve this

I think other weapons are in a more dire need for buffs than the Quanta. 

That may be true, but it doesn't mean that the Quanta doesn't need a buff.  This is a thread about the Quanta, not about other weapons that may or may not need their own changes.

Personally, I think the Quanta would benefit from more predictable melee movement.  As it currently stands, trying to move the Quanta's alt-fire beach balls as often as not just ends up launching them straight up into the air, where they do nobody any good.

Edited by Gizogin

Here is what i want in the Quanta:

1. allow me to toggle and pop the beachball after i shoot it. one at a time is fine for this.

-OR-

2. allow me to shoot as many beachballs as i have ammo in my clip (well 15)... so i can put a magazine mod on it and place 5 or 6 bubbles.

3. allow me to put firestorm mod on it so the explosion reaches a reasonable distance.

i like the idea this gun gives, it just is useless without controlling the beachball explosion or giving us alot more beachballs to radiate and cover our position.

This weapon really needs a buff. Its too weak and it was annoying/stressful to level it.

I never really used those bubbles because they are useless, confusion didn't do much, enemies still attacked me.

Mutalist Quanta consumes ammo too fast.

Question: Will there ever be a normal Corpus Quanta?

This weapon really needs a buff. Its too weak and it was annoying/stressful to level it.

I never really used those bubbles because they are useless, confusion didn't do much, enemies still attacked me.

Mutalist Quanta consumes ammo too fast.

Question: Will there ever be a normal Corpus Quanta?

Yeah, but it's just a plasma pogo stick.

Guest Tehnoobshow

The Dera needs a buff first, this gun is literally better than the Dera in every single way.

I'd say raise the total amount of beach balls out at a given time from 2 to 3, and possibly make it so, when you have the maximum number out, firing a new ball will prematurely detonate the earliest one fired.
Also, lowering the ammo consumed for the alternate fire from 15 to around 8 would be cool. (For the sake of being even, the clip size would be buffed from 60 to 64.)
The reload time could use some thinning too, 3 seconds is a bit much.

Would be more fun if the mods you equip would affect the alternate fire...

If mods really don't affect the alt fire, then that needs fixing pronto.

Will there ever be a normal Corpus Quanta?

That would be cool.
It'd lose the infested energy dart shooter, possibly with the main fire being a plasma cube which you hold a distance from yourself, dealing high Radiation damage at close range. 
The alt fire would launch the cube, much like the Mutalist does, but quicker and further, seeing as it isn't being violently expanded by zombie gunk.
The status chance/playstyle would be much less prevalent, and the cube wouldn't stick around nor explode like the beach ball does.

Edited by Flackenstien

Pardon me for sort of Necroing a thread but Ive given the weapon a go and I'm almost half way leveling it. I feel as though this is a weapon I shouldn't like but I love it. its so weird and creative.

That being said I think there needs to be a buff with the beach ball. Firstly I think Firestorm should be a mod applicable to the weapon that would perhaps make the ball bigger and thus increase the blast radius

As it currently stands, trying to move the Quanta's alt-fire beach balls as often as not just ends up launching them straight up into the air, where they do nobody any good.

I agree completely and at the very least the ball should have some gravity and allow to fall to the ground

but I might add something else to this way back in the day when the Penta was first released (early U11) there was talk of adding a sticky grenade mod to the Penta. It would be nifty to have this mod in existence to use OR allow the ball to stick to enemies. 

I apologize once again for necroing this thread but I thought I'lld make my voice known for a weapon that has the potential to be really fun.