Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Melee Weapon Do You Want To See?

Aciaj613

So, seeing as Gas is probably the most neglected damage type in the game (with good reason, I suppose), I'm trying to come up with a way to utilize it in a melee weapon...

One idea I came up with was a Grineer weapon, made for long distances (a whip, a polearm, or just a staff) with a high proc chance, to deal with light infested. It'd emit gas from the part you hit people with.

If anyone has some better ideas for weapons with innate gas damage, do share.

Edited by RavenousPartyLibrarian

Thank you for that too, both of your concepts help me imagine it in warframe, perfect weapon for banshee or volt.

Not on Volt. 

Remember, the blade conducts electricity and will blow up the generator. We do not want severed Volt hands. 

Not on Volt. 

Remember, the blade conducts electricity and will blow up the generator. We do not want severed Volt hands. 

Right... New concept WOOPS

"Renegade, could I borrow a point? I want to beat him at the game!"

It has to be YOUR point mr. can't just steal others...

So, seeing as Gas is probably the most neglected damage type in the game (with good reason, I suppose), I'm trying to come up with a way to utilize it in a melee weapon...

One idea I came up with was a Grineer weapon, made for long distances (a whip, a polearm, or just a staff) with a high proc chance, to deal with light infested. It'd emit gas from the part you hit people with.

If anyone has some better ideas for weapons with innate gas damage, do share.

This is a crazy, I don't know if it work idea but going off your idea, I could imagine a double ended staff that has like small holes to release deadly gas at the press of a button.

Of course that button would be channel, and you're next swing would do a garuntee proc

Right... New concept WOOPS

"Renegade, could I borrow a point? I want to beat him at the game!"

It has to be YOUR point mr. can't just steal others...

Let me see. 

Phase-changing swords (turn from solid to plasma), improvised war scythes (turn the head 90 degrees to act as a slashing and stabbing spear) and cat-o-nine-tails, to name a few for borrowing points. 

Let me see. 

Phase-changing swords (turn from solid to plasma), improvised war scythes (turn the head 90 degrees to act as a slashing and stabbing spear) and cat-o-nine-tails, to name a few for borrowing points. 

The game is to prove eachothers statements incorrect, 613 is pretty bad at it. He got lucky with his point.

"Who ya callin bad?"

Go back to sleep mook...

Anyways, you proved me wrong that the sword would be good for Volt, so he wants the point for that to get ahead =/

Edited by Aciaj613

This is a crazy, I don't know if it work idea but going off your idea, I could imagine a double ended staff that has like small holes to release deadly gas at the press of a button.

Of course that button would be channel, and you're next swing would do a garuntee proc

That sounds pretty good, actually.

Screw Enduring Strike.

I would like to see an infested claw/whip hybrid that has short but quick combo to kill quickly that are basic claw attacks and a longer but slower combo to hit enemies out of reach from the short attacks by having the claws stretch out for wider slashes.

The mios has the potential to be like this. So you may be closer to getting your wish than some of us.

One thing I would like to see that isn't a new weapon per-se is to divide the dual cleavers, dual Kama, and those infested ones whose name I can never remeber back out and give them unique stances again. If I recall correctly pre u13 those three had different animations than the dual swords.

Edited by NevanChambers

One thing I would like to see that isn't a new weapon per-se is to divide the dual cleavers, dual Kama, and those infested ones whose name I can never remeber back out and give them unique stances again. If I recall correctly pre u13 those three had different animations than the dual swords.

For all we know they could be working on that, my problem is how they would distribute this though. For now I think they should hold back on newish mods till they move all ability mods to the market.

I do wish for this Idea. Another thing that comes in mind about that is how you hold the weapon depending on what stance you have equiped