Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Melee Weapon Do You Want To See?

Aciaj613

The melee in warframe may have be better than what has been done previously with "fps style controls" but it still is pretty bad. Well not that it's bad per say, but more like the stance system was extremely poorly executed. We were promised these mods that had all these cool combos and they wouldn't be hard to find and yet we get rare mods that drop from rare enemies and they have at most 2 or 3 combos, and e spams, wall attacks, spins, and jump attacks don't count.

The Ninja style combat could work. Make the game more around melee like ninja gaiden and have guns be weaker(strong enough to be useful but not the instagib all bad guys like we have now) and with autoaim, like the shurikens in ninja gaiden, and then with aiming just aim like when you use the bow in Ninja Gaiden. If you watch closely you can see how the player gets time to go to the "aim mode" with his bow and fire off a powerful shot or two before tearing everyone apart with melee.

And have the "pauses" and directional keys for combos is just atrocious. At the very least DE needs to map a new "heavy" attack to a new button such as R which isn't used in melee mode and make combos be actual combos of pressing the E and R key.

Just going to have to chalk it up to a difference of opinions. For one I find I can make the Melee work just fine. I've played all the ninja gaidens know how they work and can do so again should i choose. I want warframe to stay warframe not change it's core focus. There is no reason it should be anything but what the devs want to make. Edited by NevanChambers

Ah OP, I see you're back.

Well personally I'd like a form of retractable dual armblades, but positioned just well enough to use Malicious Raptor (I myself am not a big fan of the wolverine claws entirely).

A shield, but unlike the S&B just that, but bigger and more focused on defense and bashing.

And definitely jet powered gauntlets.

"Don't forget scissor machetes, to be f*ckin' invincible!"

Not a bad idea, now go back to your corner.

":("

I have a bit of a list going on here, complete with damage type and stance. For starters:

Trident - Puncture/Slash - Staff

Halberd - Slash - Polearm

Spear - Slash - Staff

Kusarigama [Chain Scythe] - Slash - Whip

Grineer Tomahawk [Think Elite Butcher] - Slash - Axe

Grineer Flail [Mace on a chain] - Impact - Whip

Rapier - Puncture/Slash - Sword

Grineer Battering Ram - Impact - Polearm

Ether Punching Daggers - Slash - Fist

Sickle - Slash - Scythe

Fuuma Shuriken - Slash - Glaive

More to be added when I think of them.

Edited by Nick-ka-ka

I would like to see an infested claw/whip hybrid that has short but quick combo to kill quickly that are basic claw attacks and a longer but slower combo to hit enemies out of reach from the short attacks by having the claws stretch out for wider slashes.

"Hey, I would like to inform you that your post is not dead yet"

Really? I thought it would die already.

"You thought wrong.... do I get another point? :D"

No... you don't. You didn't prove me wrong about something.

"... I just to-"

NOPE NO POINT, SCORE IS STILL 1-1

"You're a sore loser"

You're just mad you didn't get a point.

"Hey, I would like to inform you that your post is not dead yet"

Really? I thought it would die already.

"You thought wrong.... do I get another point? :D"

No... you don't. You didn't prove me wrong about something.

"... I just to-"

NOPE NO POINT, SCORE IS STILL 1-1

"You're a sore loser"

You're just mad you didn't get a point.

Welcome back, hope you do not mind the ideas. 

Yes, I am speaking to both of you. 

Welcome back, hope you do not mind the ideas. 

Yes, I am speaking to both of you. 

Alot of repeats but still interesting to read.

"I think they are boring"

Of course, that's why no one loves you.

"It is everyone's personal dream weapons. Alot of the same ones will appear... so where's my point?"

You didn't prove me wrong in anything again...

"...."

Peaceful silence.

Keep up the suggestions, I'm most interested in the hybrid type of weapons. For example, a sniper-scythe gunblade. That does not mean that regular weapons are bad though, I enjoy reading all of the suggestions.

I made a design for a double-sided scythe that could be folded into a shield once. Although hard to make, it'd be incredibly badass to see implemented somewhere. Warframe could be a good place.

Also, hello again, everyone here who has a chance of remembering me.

Yes I remember you, and that is a very interesting weapon indeed. I'd imagine how it would work though but it is a bit tough to explain...

Maybe with the new Aegis coming out, shields could spread to other weapons one day.

Ooo... Intersting. Go into more detail, I'd like to know more about these.

(Renegade this is your chance as well!)

Vibroblades from Star Wars. 

Have the blade vibrate at ultrasonic speeds, increasing the slicing power of the blade, although it will conduct electricity and blow up the ultrasonic generator on the weapon. 

Vibroblades from Star Wars. 

Have the blade vibrate at ultrasonic speeds, increasing the slicing power of the blade, although it will conduct electricity and blow up the ultrasonic generator on the weapon. 

Dear lord how fascinating... I really need to go watch star-wars. I already know the core story of it but I need to see the in-between scenes and stuff they show in it.

Functions the same as Renegade's Vibroblade. Just in the fashion of a katana. Refer to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Thank you for that too, both of your concepts help me imagine it in warframe, perfect weapon for banshee or volt.