Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Makes Jackal Ez-Mode

StrangeCandy

Sooo.....something I noticed. I play Frost a lot, and I'm currently grinding for Rhino so I've been fighting the Jackal a lot. What I've noticed is that if you use Freeze on Jackal when he's not "down" (when he's walking around and you have to shoot his legs out), he stays frozen for the full 10 seconds because he himself is technically not taking damage.

So Jackal EZ-mode 101

1. Play Frost

2. Use Freeze on Jackal

3. Take out a leg or two while he's frozen

4. Wait for him to un-freeze and fall

5. Damage him

Rinse and repeat until he's dead

It's even easier to just use a decent 2 hander and one hit a leg and just keep him constantly down while bashing his face in. I've done this many times with a Gram, so easy cause he never gets a chance to attack once, and you barely have to move around or really try too hard. Just time your charged strike right and one hit the leg and repeat.

"acouple" minutes? more like a minute or less

Yep, already changed it.

*Edit*

Made a short video of the Hek vs Jackal.

My Hek isn't even close to being fully modded.

80% Multi Shot.

75% Damage

Level 1 Electric and Frost mods.

No reload speed mod.

Took 40 seconds, with a fully modded weapon, it would be much faster.

Edited by miniKAD

ACTUALLY, the absolute easiest way to kill the Jackal is to simply run in and one-shot its legs with the Furax's charge attack, then hammer away at its face with the same. No muss, no fuss.

Edit: The Furax is especially superior to two-handers in this case since it's much easier to time and hit its legs again without repercussions, and you'll often be able to get in two or three charged hits on its torso/head before its stands up.

And I'm not kidding, by the way. Despite what anyone might say to the contrary, charge attacks with a completely modded Furax is currently the #1 fastest way to kill the Jackal.

Edited by Asbyn

"acouple" minutes? more like a minute or less

[size=4]
[/size]

Alternatively, mod a Hek with multishot, damage and some elemental mods.

Kill Jackal in 1 minute.

You guys are mean. I hope you both meet a level 50 Jackal. >:( That has Sef Anyo riding on top of it....holding a mini-hyena.

If you have Killing blow you can literally have 1 person keep Jackal down permanently by just spamming charge attacks over and over again

Everyone else can do whatever

I was really hoping this thread would give me a clue as to how to power him down quickly

If you random into a level 52 or higher Jackal the fight just takes forever with it constantly going invulnerable

Furax doesn't have Multi-hit but does have a high base charge damage.

Hek will just be bam...bam...bam....done.

Furax isn't for infested anyway, so you'll very rarely need multi-hit in the first place. It's godly against Grineer and Corpus, and the DHS serve as the infested counterpart to the Furax.

Furax isn't for infested anyway, so you'll very rarely need multi-hit in the first place. It's godly against Grineer and Corpus, and the DHS serve as the infested counterpart to the Furax.

even though all charge dmg atks ignore armor already making furax charge dmg redundant and dual heats superior since it can multi hit, armor pierce with charge atks, bonus dmg on infested and has the same 150 base charge dmg as furax.

If you have Killing blow you can literally have 1 person keep Jackal down permanently by just spamming charge attacks over and over again

Everyone else can do whatever

I was really hoping this thread would give me a clue as to how to power him down quickly

If you random into a level 52 or higher Jackal the fight just takes forever with it constantly going invulnerable

I soloed a lv 98 jackal with just a plasma sword, just sayin.

If you melee him and can keep him down, it doesn't matter how long it takes, you have a safe / easy kill.

However for range you need something that has good med-short range accuracy to get the leg destroyed asap, then deal enough damage (and reload if needed) before he gets up again.

I soloed a lv 98 jackal with just a plasma sword, just sayin.

yea the lvl 98 jackal is bugged (or any higher level jackal for that matter) his legs HP is always the same, but his body hp scales higher. So can keep him stunlocked insanely easily, just takes time to finish off the body.