Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Maul Which Deals Gas Damage, High Status Chance.

Flackenstien

Appearance: An Infested maul which vents noxious fumes.

Playstyle: A very slow living weapon that uses powerful Gas Status procs to take down crowds of prey enemies.

Approximate Stats:

Damage: 150 Gas

Crit Chance: 5%

Crit Damage: 1.5x

Attack Rate: Noticeably slower than the other Hammers.

Status Chance: 25~30%

Jump Attack: 200 Impact

Slam Attack: 200 Gas (Large radius, with 100% Gas proc.)

Slide Attack: 200 Gas

Polarities: Vx1

Stance Polarity: D

Foundry Recipe:

1 Handle, 1 Hammer-thing, 4 Mutagen Mass.

Blueprint and Parts would drop from some sort of Infested mini-boss.

Edited by Flackenstien

Appearance: An infested 2h sword which vents noxious fumes.

Playstyle: Uses the powerful Gas status effect to take down crowds of prey foes.

Approximate Stats:

Damage: 40~60 Gas

Crit Chance: 5%

Crit Damage: 150%

Attack Rate: A bit slower than the Galatine, unsure of exact rate.

Jump: 100 Gas

Slam Attack: 100 Gas (Large radius, with 100% Gas proc.)

Slide Attack: 100 Gas

Polarities: Vx1

Stance Polarity: D

Foundry Recipe:

1 Handle, 1 Blade, 4~ Mutagen Mass.

Blueprint & parts would drop from the old G3 Golem, reintroduced as a mini-boss.

For my idea on how I would implement mini-bosses, go here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/259366-my-mini-boss-implementation-idea/

%$^&ing &!$$ed, had to redo this because the S#&$ty backspace button just had to smite me..

To avoid confusion, he means J3-Golem.

On topic, this concept sounds cool. Would love to see an art concept for this. Any names in mind?

How bout the hits don't really do damage. (A little so you can destroy arc traps and stuff). Have most of the damage be gas based. Hitting an enemy with it makes the weapon bend and squish as if it was rubber letting out a gas cloud that damages enemies near it. Slamming the ground releases a small aoe cloud as a trap that lasts a few seconds. Almost sounds like a WF power.

To avoid confusion, he means J3-Golem.

On topic, this concept sounds cool. Would love to see an art concept for this. Any names in mind?

Woops, had it J3 originally, but due to backspace screwing me over, I must have typed G3 the second time around.

Thanks.

Hmm, as for the name.. I didn't give it a name due to names I choose either being already taken, or disliked.

Tussis could work, being Latin for cough.

It seems like a decent idea, but having the parts drop from a boss that isn't ingame and then need mutagen masses, is a bit.. odd.

It'd either need some more parts to craft or a forma added to the requirements.

Well, the boss would be in the game.. since the parts for this weapon would drop form it..

I don't see the issue with an Infested weapon requiring an Infested resource, and it would give more uses for Mutagen Masses outside of Research. (This also possibly increasing reasons to enter the Derilects.)

As it isn't a Research weapon, using Forma to craft it would be more odd.

Thanks for the input, peoples.

• 7 months later...

When you say infested 2h gas melee weapon, sword isnt what comes to mind. I think a hammer would work better designwise, the head could be big gas sack that expels gas everytime it hits.

As a sword....eh, the gas effect doesnt sound that interesting

Edited by DarkTails

Well, I made this with the thought of "We need more 2h swords." and "We have no Gas melee.", so I put 2 and 2 together.  

I suppose a hammer fits it better though.

Also, how is the Gas effect not interesting? Do you not know what Gas procs do? >_>

It hits everything close to the proc'd enemy with a blast of Toxin, equal to 50% of your damage, with 100% proc chance.  

With like 140~150 base damage, you'd be able to repetitively proc for alot of AOE damage, aswell as DoT.

Edited by Flackenstien

To clarify-

The gas [visual] effect wouldn't look that interesting on a sword, it would have gas coming off of it for no apparent reason. Maybe it would have tumors on it that shot the gas or something, but it's an awkward idea. I didn't mean the gas proc isn't useful :)