Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8-Bit Warframe ~ Lost Sector

AnonCat

I dont know what im doing wrong but I dont have just one folder and one file, instead I have a whole lot of folders and files when I extract, I tried to run it directly with java and it kinda lags and has no sound...help please? 

I guess it's worth pointing out that the new download is just one .jar file, all you do is open it and it launches the patcher and stuff. I only have 3 files total, Launcher, Patcher, and the game itself.

Edited by DarkTails

There's a problem with contact.  You can't touch the walls, the Frost model literally vibrates when you get to a certain point, about a 1/8 to a 1/4 inch from the walls.

That's a problem with the physics engine that the PC version uses - I writing a game engine entirely from scratch that will run on both Android and PC, which will use the same physics engine that the Android version currently uses (my own) that doesn't suffer from this issue :-)

I dont know what im doing wrong but I dont have just one folder and one file, instead I have a whole lot of folders and files when I extract, I tried to run it directly with java and it kinda lags and has no sound...help please?

I guess it's worth pointing out that the new download is just one .jar file, all you do is open it and it launches the patcher and stuff. I only have 3 files total, Launcher, Patcher, and the game itself.

DarkTails is correct - just run the launcher, then press play :-)

That's a problem with the physics engine that the PC version uses - I writing a game engine entirely from scratch that will run on both Android and PC, which will use the same physics engine that the Android version currently uses (my own) that doesn't suffer from this issue :-) DarkTails is correct - just run the launcher, then press play :-)

It's not exactly a problem with the engine, it's just a problem with how collision with Tiles and the player is currently implemented.  Though that engine will be very much appreciated Ezard! :)

It's not exactly a problem with the engine, it's just a problem with how collision with Tiles and the player is currently implemented.  Though that engine will be very much appreciated Ezard! :)

Ah, my bad - might not be any need for the engine then xD

In the future, perhaps, but we want to focus on Frost for the moment - get him really solid before we move on

And you can download the game here: http://8bit.wf/download/

Yeah, we want to nail down the core gameplay mechanics and stuff like that before adding additional Warframes.  Once we finish some of that done, adding more characters will mostly be just getting new animations put in.

Love this game! You guys did a great job.

* I don't really have any comments that haven't been addressed already so on to some suggestions/ideas;

* Are you guys planning on this being kinda of a metroidvania style game?

* Can't wait to see more weapons and frames, but I understand coding and spriting is a pain.

* An idea for implementing archwing is too make the levels a side scrolling shooter (R-Type) or vertically shooter (1942).

Love this game! You guys did a great job.

* I don't really have any comments that haven't been addressed already so on to some suggestions/ideas;

* Are you guys planning on this being kinda of a metroidvania style game?

* Can't wait to see more weapons and frames, but I understand coding and spriting is a pain.

* An idea for implementing archwing is too make the levels a side scrolling shooter (R-Type) or vertically shooter (1942).

It has been discussed before for Archwing to be that sort of scrolling shooter type.  Main game mechanics will probably come first, however it is definitely something we want to do! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive been following this for a while now and i cannot wait to see what you add next :D ! i actually started creating a warframe themed 'mini-game' but me only being 15 meant I didnt really know what i was doing and so not much got done XD It was this game that inspired me to try though and i really hope that this gets even bigger

the question is : what will you do now?

So much awesome stuff that if I start to describe it then my head will explode from over-hype :D

Such as procedural maps, actual AI, Kubrows, ArchWing... (that's the plan anyway) :D