The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8-Bit Warframe ~ Lost Sector

AnonCat

*comes out of the shadows briefly*

amazing stuff, i would offer my sprite artist skillz but i don't have a  lot of free time so all i can do is lurk >.>

keep up the good work you guys are amazing at what you do! 

now back to lurking

*slowly slides into bush*

*comes out of the shadows briefly*

amazing stuff, i would offer my sprite artist skillz but i don't have a  lot of free time so all i can do is lurk >.>

keep up the good work you guys are amazing at what you do! 

now back to lurking

*slowly slides into bush*

Quick! Catch the bush lurker! =P

• 3 weeks later...

No sound?

Most of us are busy with school/college/university/work for most of the year, so these periods of inactivity are going to keep happening I'm afraid :/

However, hopefully we'll get a ton of stuff done over the Christmas holidays :-)

Gratz on the update!

i have been thinking about doing something to promote pixel art in warframe but i don't know if it will catch on, also i was wondering if i could do mock ups/test sprites ( nothing animated is uck at it ) for this project ^_^

also this thing deserves a community spotlight, its just amazing

also idea for archwing i was think a side scroller, with a small hallway like flight thing sorta like a mini-game in the game itself were you have to fight of grinner/corpus, while avoiding bits of space ships, then at the end is a boss fight with a balor with crazy japanese lazor beam and pellets all over

one more edit, i have more free-time now so ye >:3

Edited by Reedfish

Gratz on the update!

i have been thinking about doing something to promote pixel art in warframe but i don't know if it will catch on, also i was wondering if i could do mock ups/test sprites ( nothing animated is uck at it ) for this project ^_^

also idea for archwing i was think a side scroller, with a small hallway like flight thing sorta like a mini-game in the game itself were you have to fight of grinner/corpus, while avoiding bits of space ships, then at the end is a boss fight with a balor with crazy japanese lazor beam and pellets all over

If you want to help then that'd be awesome - send me a PM with your Skype name and I'll add you to the conversation :-)

And yeah, I was thinking of a similar thing for Archwing - I made a similar game starring Dethcube a while back :-)

If you want to help then that'd be awesome - send me a PM with your Skype name and I'll add you to the conversation :-)

And yeah, I was thinking of a similar thing for Archwing - I made a similar game starring Dethcube a while back :-)

if its skype will it only be chat? i like to keep my privacy is all >_<

Gratz on the update!

Thank you for the kind words! The team members lead full lives; we can use all the assistance we can get! =3

NEWS FLASH

So basically all of the time that I've spent on Lost Sector recently has been to do with getting it to run better on lower-end hardware (which seeing as I'm the Android guy, is kinda important)

As lovely and simple as it is to use, Android's default drawing method just doesn't cut it for the amount of objects that we want on the screen at any one point, even when I implement fancy techniques like using quad-trees to only draw visible textures, texture atlasing to reduce texture swaps, etc

As such, OpenGL is the way forward

Alas, OpenGL (and most graphics libraries, for that matter) aren't exactly the simplest of things, especially for someone like me who is a complete newcomer to the field of low-level rendering techniques

However, today I made a pretty big breakthrough, in that I managed to get more than 1 texture to be rendered :D

So yeah, expect to see an update to the Android version within the next few weeks, that doesn't really add any content, but makes the whole thing (hopefully, at least) fun a fair bit quicker :-)

Ezard!  Random but; awhile back you suggested I start using Codecademy.com to learn how to make apps myself.  Well, I started and I'm having a blast.  ^.^

Thank you so much!

You're welcome :-)

If you have any questions about Java/Android then just pop me a message and I'll do my best to help

And if you feel that you're good enough to start helping out with Lost Sector, then I don't think any of us on the team at the moment would turn away an extra set of programming hands :D

If you have any questions about Java/Android then just pop me a message and I'll do my best to help

And if you feel that you're good enough to start helping out with Lost Sector, then I don't think any of us on the team at the moment would turn away an extra set of programming hands :D

Absolutely, all hands on deck!

Absolutely, all hands on deck!

*learning intensifies*

Might be awhile, I have two full times jobs atm. : /