The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Some Computer Help

RussianKitchen

Hi everyone!

Lately I have been bothered by the noise my computer makes.  I was looking into getting a Nepton 280L from Cooler Master, but I don't know if it will fit on my CPU or in my case.

Here is what I have:

Case: NZXT Source 210 Mid-Tower ATX Case

CPU: AMD FX-8150 8-core clocked @ 3.6GHz

Does anyone know if this will fit?  Thank you all very much!

If you mean is that watercooler compatible with your processor, well than answer is yes. But the issues might be will the radiator fit on top of your case and there are couple of things to consider:

Motherboard clearance - Get a ruler and measure how much free space do you have in there, since most of recent motherboards have a heat sink at the top that can be bulky and can make mounting radiator a pain. Choosing a right motherboard for a right case can make installing new coolers and other stuff in future a bit easier.

If you can't mount it on top, try it in front IF your case have a nice front intake airflow

If you still can't quite get the info you need, go and check out some PC hardware forums. There are a lot of ppl with similar questions and im sure that they will give you a better answer.

Edited by Ognj

you could figure this out yourself, without any asstance at all!

measure the distance from the top of your CPU to the closest obstruction at the side of the case, see if it fits.

since that's a closed Circuit Liquid Cooling System, the height over the CPU is very minimal, all you need to do, is figure out where, if at all, the Radiator fits in your case, where it can efficiently move air.

it looks like your case has a 280mm grate on the top, which should fit the 280mm Radiator well.

i can't say for sure how much clearance you'll have for your rear fan after you screw the Radiator to the top, though.

so, it should fit, but i don't have your case, so i can't measure it myself.

a big tip for installing Radiators - i recommend having the fans on exhaust(pull rather than push), with the Radiator before the fans, so that the Radiator ends up catching all of the dust.

i got around to arranging my Radiator in this fashion not too long ago, and man, it's... crazy how convenient that is. all of the dust gets caught on the Radiator, so cleaning the entire array is as simple as wiping off the Radiator with a damp cloth, the fans never get dirty.

Edited by taiiat

a big tip for installing Radiators - i recommend having the fans on exhaust(pull rather than push), with the Radiator before the fans, so that the Radiator ends up catching all of the dust.

i got around to arranging my Radiator in this fashion not too long ago, and man, it's... crazy how convenient that is. all of the dust gets caught on the Radiator, so cleaning the entire array is as simple as wiping off the Radiator with a damp cloth, the fans never get dirty.

As someone who's perhaps... overly concerned with efficient airflow in my case, this. :P

Edited by notlamprey