Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pro Ash Come In... Please!

TranquiL.

Question

I got some questions about Ash, please help:)

1). What mod should be on ash to make the highest dmg?

2). What mod should I upgrade first?

3). What melee weapons works well on Ash in this patch?

4). What mod should be on that melee weapon and which mod should I upgrade first?

I am trying the Dual Zoren(rank 13) but it don't work well, should I still go on it?

My ideal mods on it are:Crit chance, crit dmg, fire rate, melee dmg, freeze, armor piercing and stun.

Any problems on that?

That's all my questions please help !

19 answers to this question

I'd say it's easy to make any melee weapons work with any frame. I think you should work on speed and powers first, taking continuity for smokescreen and range for bladestorm. Shuriken is practically useless, teleport is too slow, but smoke screen and BS work well with upgrades.

[size=4]I am trying the Dual [/size]Zoren(rank 13) but it don't work well, should I still go on it?

My ideal mods on it are:Crit chance, crit dmg, fire rate, melee dmg, freeze, armor piercing and stun.

Any problems on that?

That sounds like a good build for the Fang. It has built in armor piercing, and high crit chance (or so I've heard). Also, it has a really good attack rate.

Here's what i like to do with my Ash: Redirection Mod for increased shield, Marathon and Rush mod to bump mobility, set Continuity and Focus on the Attack slots because those are the only mods with Attack polarity for Warframe and i honestly forgot what i got for my last slot, so maybe it's not that important. With that you'll have an Ash that is all over the place and can actually afford to take some hits without worrying about taking too much damage.

As for Melee weapon, since i don't like to stay frozen in a single lvl30 Melee Weapon because i want to have a high Rank (So that Lotus will stop calling me a frigging NOVICE!) then normally i'll just keep screwing around with all sorts of weapons to level up. I like to combine dual weapons with Ash because those atually charge-hit in an arc and if you get stuff like Killing Blow and Reflex Coil on your weapon, you'll be clearing mobs AoE style with your Smokescreen. Although right now i'm with Pangolin Sword with Pressure Point and Fury... So figures, just pick something that can deal damage fast.

Smoke Screen and Shuriken are what you want to use the most. If you can headshot with the shuriken it does massive damage, so it's not a useless as most people claim. Bladestorm is great too

Invisibility = crits, so mod him and your melee accordingly.

I'd mod Ash out with sprint speed, redirection, focus, and continuity to build up his strength, probably streamline and flow to get spammy.

People typically stick with Zorens with Ash for their crits.

While is true that charge damage outdps normal melee attacks, you need to take into consideration what you want your Ash to be like.

Do you want to sprint fast, sprint longer, and have faster stamina regen? That's 3 mods right there which you can't use on shields / hp / shield restore / max power / power efficiency / power duration / power strength, armor etc. Will you use all 4 frame skills? Can you do stuff with base hp / shields, or you need a hefty boost to both? You can't have everything, you are limited by mod slots, polarities, and warframe power (30 base, 60 with reactor). You want some mods maxed, and others to a level you're comfortable with (hp / shields for example, extra power, etc).

What sort of melee do you like? Slow heavy hitting wide range cleave, charge damage based or melee attack based, fast and furious chain of smaller constant hits etc.

Personally I can't stand Dual Zorens or Dual Heat Swords animations, so am sticking with Fang (which I really enjoy). If you want to min / max to limit, listen to Sensei advice, he knows what he's talking about.

IMO, i will keep my Fang for fast melee hit, combing with fire damage to decrease the infested penalty, added pressure point for extra damage and armor penetration.

Haven't picked up Fury yet, but will add it. The same with North Wind.

As for my other gear option, i use Paris due Stealth kill and having a super huge damage fully charged and silent weapon. For emergencies i use Aklato atm, trying to get akbolto.

As for Warframe mod, still gettin ash crafter, but i would use all 4 abilities, plus coninuaty and power strenght for longer/stronger powers, along with shields.

If supercharged, would add shield deflection and vitality

It's fun to see peoples talking about Ash :) ! Peoples are different gaming style ^^ it's cool :D !

For me, I never play with shuriken and teleportation, i focus on "smoke screen" and "blade storm"

Primary weapon : BOLTOR (At this moment) i skill up a Hek shotgun too for trying and check the difference and PARIS for the fun and stealthy missions :p

Secondary weapon : AKBOLTO a really good weapon (imo)

Melee : i love FANG too.. animation etc.. really good looking and i skill up dual zoren too (atm i don't like it so much..) and i want to try Gram with my Ash.. A really good weapon with my Frost but i don't try it with Ash.

I love the good mobility of Ash that's why i prefere fast melee weapon like FANG.

Warframe mod : continuity, steamline, flow, (for spamming smoke screen) you need %shield more (dont know the mod's name in english sorry..)

I will edit my post tonight for showing all of my mods (with screenshot)

i made a video for showing my gameplay with Ash's warframe for french forums (showing backstab, fast killing, etc...)

(i had not "flow" when i made this video^^)

It's my 1st video do not be naughty :D !

Check this link.. if it can help you a bit.. :

PS : Forgive my bad english... I do my best ^^;

Edited by SupaRedz

While is true that charge damage outdps normal melee attacks, you need to take into consideration what you want your Ash to be like.

Do you want to sprint fast, sprint longer, and have faster stamina regen? That's 3 mods right there which you can't use on shields / hp / shield restore / max power / power efficiency / power duration / power strength, armor etc. Will you use all 4 frame skills? Can you do stuff with base hp / shields, or you need a hefty boost to both? You can't have everything, you are limited by mod slots, polarities, and warframe power (30 base, 60 with reactor). You want some mods maxed, and others to a level you're comfortable with (hp / shields for example, extra power, etc).

What sort of melee do you like? Slow heavy hitting wide range cleave, charge damage based or melee attack based, fast and furious chain of smaller constant hits etc.

Personally I can't stand Dual Zorens or Dual Heat Swords animations, so am sticking with Fang (which I really enjoy). If you want to min / max to limit, listen to Sensei advice, he knows what he's talking about.

Why is fang better than dual zorens? dual zorens got 0.5 more attack speed.

It's fun to see peoples talking about Ash :) ! Peoples are different gaming style ^^ it's cool :D !

For me, I never play with shuriken and teleportation, i focus on "smoke screen" and "blade storm"

Primary weapon : BOLTOR (At this moment) i skill up a Hek shotgun too for trying and check the difference and PARIS for the fun and stealthy missions :p

Secondary weapon : AKBOLTO a really good weapon (imo)

Melee : i love FANG too.. animation etc.. really good looking and i skill up dual zoren too (atm i don't like it so much..) and i want to try Gram with my Ash.. A really good weapon with my Frost but i don't try it with Ash.

I love the good mobility of Ash that's why i prefere fast melee weapon like FANG.

Warframe mod : continuity, steamline, flow, (for spamming smoke screen) you need %shield more (dont know the mod's name in english sorry..)

I will edit my post tonight for showing all of my mods (with screenshot)

i made a video for showing my gameplay with Ash's warframe for french forums (showing backstab, fast killing, etc...)

(i had not "flow" when i made this video^^)

It's my 1st video do not be naughty :D !

Check this link.. if it can help you a bit.. :

PS : Forgive my bad english... I do my best ^^;

I currently use Ash with gram. So far my experience with this weapon is using smokescreen to stun enemies around me and charge up my gram to on hit k.o everyone around me. I only use my smokescreen for those oh S#&$ moments, not as a main source of damage.

I currently use Ash with gram. So far my experience with this weapon is using smokescreen to stun enemies around me and charge up my gram to on hit k.o everyone around me. I only use my smokescreen for those oh S#&$ moments, not as a main source of damage.

Yeah, that's what i want to try :) ! SmokeScreen + Gram charge's attack.. it must be deadly :p ! But it's not a bit too slow ?

Why is fang better than dual zorens? dual zorens got 0.5 more attack speed.

I did not say Fang is better than Dual Zorens. I said I don't like DZ nor DHS animations (for both melee and charge attacks). So for me is a preferance. And I make Fang work in all situations. Sure I won't deal same damage as DHS to infested, but the flip side is they won't deal same dmg like me to Grineer (which most of bosses are).

PS: theoreticallty DZ has faster attack rate, however, you only get a single hit from each axe. In practice, Fang attacks 3 times with both daggers during 1 attack cycle.

Edited by Anelyn

I did not say Fang is better than Dual Zorens. I said I don't like DZ nor DHS animations (for both melee and charge attacks). So for me is a preferance. And I make Fang work in all situations. Sure I won't deal same damage as DHS to infested, but the flip side is they won't deal same dmg like me to Grineer (which most of bosses are).

PS: theoreticallty DZ has faster attack rate, however, you only get a single hit from each axe. In practice, Fang attacks 3 times with both daggers during 1 attack cycle.

How about FANG hitting high level ( 50lv up) mobs? Still good?

Ok here I go,

I main ash I have tried different combos of weapons and load outs and different mods. This is also in my opinion somewhat to. I also can not remember all the mods I am using sorry for that but I can tell you what the goal is.

In my opinion Ash should be Able to handle each situation and get out of anyone situation. I feel that he is considered one of the most ninja of the frames. And should be able to cover anywhere on the battlefield.

Load out:

Paris bow: this weapon has high base damage and just the fully charged arrow can at base damage can kill a lot of enemies in 1 shot so upgrading this will give lots of damage. Now I might get a lot of heat for saying the Paris but here me out on this. The Paris is a medium/ long range weapon like I said can pack a bunch and its also silent which is really good for soloing (but some enemy alertness will have to be nerfed before this weapon can really shine for stealth).

Mods: not a lot of mods work with Paris but hopefully that will change soon maybe even to have Paris specific mods. The ideal setup will be to have armor piercing, fire rate, ammo capacity (not magazine) and damage. These are the only ones that I have seen that can work with Paris. Elemental a do not work with the Paris. Just upgrade your mods when you get the chance :) you can figure at out

Lato: I use the Lato mainly for personal preference because I really don't use so I don't bother about pistols. You can choose whatever you want and what ever mod it really does not change anything.

Duel Zoren: I have played with the melee weapons a bit and have found that the duel zorens will be one of the best choices (this is also somewhat of opinion you can make any weapon work). They have a high base fire rate, high base crit rate, and have a multi hit function like the gram. They will do less regular damage but no worries you will be getting so many crits it doesn't matter.

Mods: ok so you want to enhance your crit chance, crit damage, armor piercing, melee damage, and put the elemental freeze on it. I apologize if I missed something becux my computer is fried and I can't look. (I'm using an iPad) I have about 60% crit chance right now and that is on top of my already high crit chance and then when added with 50 percent more crit damage it's deadly. And don't forget we have smoke bomb that gives us 100% crits. Since we can hit multiple targets very fast and if we have freeze on that means are target can't really do anything ( really helpful for infested). Again you can do the mods by yourself it's pretty self explanatory.

Warframe;

So since I'm using the Paris I only upgraded the shuriken by 1 because I do not use it that much. Complete forget about upgrading teleport becuz you will not use it. You want to fully upgrade smoke bomb and blade storm but get smoke bomb upgraded first becuz you will use that a lot more.

Mods: vitality and redirection are a must and just keep upgrading those as much as you can. I have fast deflection becuz since we have so a high shield capacity to recharge that fast makes us really hard to kill. If you will go with the Paris bow reach is a must have mod that will increase your range damage try to upgraded this a lot. And then finally I have focus which increases power and you want to upgrade this too. I don't really use marathon because ash is

already one of the fastest frames.

Conclusion:

I will give you a scenario that happens a lot to me with this load out..

I will run into an area and all the melee enemies will come up to attack with my duel zorens and their mods I can't take out about 5 of them in under 7 sec without using any abilities.. Then I move onto the ranged guys, since we have our bow I don't have to move I just move to a cover location and become a marksmen. If your really good at aiming you can kill an enemy about every 3 to 4 sec and the best part since you have already taken out the melee it's like it's super easy to not take damage to shoot the ranged down.

So of a room of about 20 guys I can clear in a minute or maybe less and again this is with abilities so if you really want to go fast just use those.

This load out allows you to do a little of everything and be very deadly!

Remember it's your frame and your preference go with what you like this is just what I like and think it great.

Hope this helps :)

How about FANG hitting high level ( 50lv up) mobs? Still good?

Yes. Why would it be bad? I won't 2 shot with charged attack, but the dmg is still there (be it charged, or just spamming E). You apply conditions so fat, you can keep them constantly in burn animation while you kill them. It's a matter of playstyle. Is like trying to compare Paris or Snipetron with a Hek or Gorgon. They deal dmg differently, but dmg is dmg.

Playing as Ash you don't have to worry about getting hit, so staying in melee range for more than 2 seconds isn't really a problem.

Why isn't everyone running with DHS Hek and Lex? Because peeps enjoy different weapons, as long as you mod them right, you will have no problem killing stuff, be it normal missions or defense etc. There are pro and cons to each weapon of any type, same like warframes. Find a combination you enjoy and make it work. There are no raids, no elitist damage meters where if you do 5% less DPS on a boss you suck and must respect etc.

Ok here I go,

I main ash I have tried different combos of weapons and load outs and different mods. This is also in my opinion somewhat to. I also can not remember all the mods I am using sorry for that but I can tell you what the goal is.

In my opinion Ash should be Able to handle each situation and get out of anyone situation. I feel that he is considered one of the most ninja of the frames. And should be able to cover anywhere on the battlefield.

Load out:

Paris bow: this weapon has high base damage and just the fully charged arrow can at base damage can kill a lot of enemies in 1 shot so upgrading this will give lots of damage. Now I might get a lot of heat for saying the Paris but here me out on this. The Paris is a medium/ long range weapon like I said can pack a bunch and its also silent which is really good for soloing (but some enemy alertness will have to be nerfed before this weapon can really shine for stealth).

Mods: not a lot of mods work with Paris but hopefully that will change soon maybe even to have Paris specific mods. The ideal setup will be to have armor piercing, fire rate, ammo capacity (not magazine) and damage. These are the only ones that I have seen that can work with Paris. Elemental a do not work with the Paris. Just upgrade your mods when you get the chance :) you can figure at out

Lato: I use the Lato mainly for personal preference because I really don't use so I don't bother about pistols. You can choose whatever you want and what ever mod it really does not change anything.

Duel Zoren: I have played with the melee weapons a bit and have found that the duel zorens will be one of the best choices (this is also somewhat of opinion you can make any weapon work). They have a high base fire rate, high base crit rate, and have a multi hit function like the gram. They will do less regular damage but no worries you will be getting so many crits it doesn't matter.

Mods: ok so you want to enhance your crit chance, crit damage, armor piercing, melee damage, and put the elemental freeze on it. I apologize if I missed something becux my computer is fried and I can't look. (I'm using an iPad) I have about 60% crit chance right now and that is on top of my already high crit chance and then when added with 50 percent more crit damage it's deadly. And don't forget we have smoke bomb that gives us 100% crits. Since we can hit multiple targets very fast and if we have freeze on that means are target can't really do anything ( really helpful for infested). Again you can do the mods by yourself it's pretty self explanatory.

Warframe;

So since I'm using the Paris I only upgraded the shuriken by 1 because I do not use it that much. Complete forget about upgrading teleport becuz you will not use it. You want to fully upgrade smoke bomb and blade storm but get smoke bomb upgraded first becuz you will use that a lot more.

Mods: vitality and redirection are a must and just keep upgrading those as much as you can. I have fast deflection becuz since we have so a high shield capacity to recharge that fast makes us really hard to kill. If you will go with the Paris bow reach is a must have mod that will increase your range damage try to upgraded this a lot. And then finally I have focus which increases power and you want to upgrade this too. I don't really use marathon because ash is
already one of the fastest frames.

Conclusion:

I will give you a scenario that happens a lot to me with this load out..
I will run into an area and all the melee enemies will come up to attack with my duel zorens and their mods I can't take out about 5 of them in under 7 sec without using any abilities.. Then I move onto the ranged guys, since we have our bow I don't have to move I just move to a cover location and become a marksmen. If your really good at aiming you can kill an enemy about every 3 to 4 sec and the best part since you have already taken out the melee it's like it's super easy to not take damage to shoot the ranged down.

So of a room of about 20 guys I can clear in a minute or maybe less and again this is with abilities so if you really want to go fast just use those.
This load out allows you to do a little of everything and be very deadly!
Remember it's your frame and your preference go with what you like this is just what I like and think it great.

Hope this helps :)

It helps me a lot, Thanks.
Now I'm leveling up my Dual Zorens and see what it will get at rank 30.
But I'm building the Fang and thinking about one heavy melee weapon for different type of mobs.
Dual Zorens for infested I think it is pretty cool but not good at grineer,
so I think I need to change the melee on different situations to become a good ash for the team:) Edited by TranquiL.