Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To All The Conclavers.

Aciaj613

I did, which they showed Mods slowly powering up, but that would mean quite soon, it would be a one-hit kill for everyone. 

My 3-second suggestion here was just to counter that (and not a good one, I have to admit). 

Well you have to remember the other thing I stated, they they have been nerfing mods and weapons for PVP, so maybe some OP mods will no longer be OP in it. One notable example is Reflection, which got nerfed hard ONLY in PVP.

Well you have to remember the other thing I stated, they they have been nerfing mods and weapons for PVP, so maybe some OP mods will no longer be OP in it. One notable example is Reflection, which got nerfed hard ONLY in PVP.

Why did you think I specifically wrote down it is a 3-second suggestion that is not good?

I mentioned that too!

This proves the example that PvP and PvE will have a seperate balance scale.

Why did you think I specifically wrote down it is a 3-second suggestion that is not good?

And I hope the mods level slowly, but they are slightly necessary in making sure that things don't take about 1 hour a match.

And I hope the mods level slowly, but they are slightly necessary in making sure that things don't take about 1 hour a match.

I would really like (my personal opinion) if DE(L) just straight up disable all mods but Warframe power mods just to make it fun, but it does not matter, since I do recognise the reasoning behind supporting the stance of having mods in the new PvP gameplay. 

I would really like (my personal opinion) if DE(L) just straight up disable all mods but Warframe power mods just to make it fun, but it does not matter, since I do recognise the reasoning behind supporting the stance of having mods in the new PvP gameplay. 

Maybe if the new mode gets popular enough they may allow different variants of this gameplay. So we may see a no-mod mode one day. Don't abandon hope just yet!

Lets be honest here the game just isn't balanced around it. I went into conclave one shot. I went in on Nyx used absorb got called an OP $&*#^%. I think right now how players do not use powers lots of fast moving frames etc is a good thing. However, when you have the entire community forced to engage in this do you think it will be the same story? The way the weapons are right now this is a one shot heaven there is no way in hell this is going to catch on with the majority of players.

War frame is not a PvP based game it is co op. This community will likely do what it tends to do with content like this shun it. 

Maybe if the new mode gets popular enough they may allow different variants of this gameplay. So we may see a no-mod mode one day. Don't abandon hope just yet!

I was not indicating (or even implying) I abandoned all hope about the new PvP gameplay. 

What that post was meant is expressing my own opinion on what I want with the new PvP gameplay. 

Lets be honest here the game just isn't balanced around it. I went into conclave one shot. I went in on Nyx used absorb got called an OP $&*#^%. I think right now how players do not use powers lots of fast moving frames etc is a good thing. However, when you have the entire community forced to engage in this do you think it will be the same story? The way the weapons are right now this is a one shot heaven there is no way in hell this is going to catch on with the majority of players.

War frame is not a PvP based game it is co op. This community will likely do what it tends to do with content like this shun it. 

DE is attempting to balance said PvP to where it won't be one-shot heaven. but automatically assuming it is going to be shunned is not going to help it become any more noticed. I get that warframe is a co-op game and primarily around PvE but it doesn't mean there isn't no room for PvP.

I was not indicating (or even implying) I abandoned all hope about the new PvP gameplay. 

What that post was meant is expressing my own opinion on what I want with the new PvP gameplay. 

Sorry for misunderstanding D:

But then again, I just thought up of this in 3 seconds, so definitely not a good solution overall

Nonsense, this could be a great solution.

Most people who PvP in this game suggest taking mods off, putting on lower level weapons and going into the lowest conclave level, because it's way more fair and way more fun.

Powercreep is still an issue with weapons that extends into PvE, but the biggest complaint for PvP is about the mods. Two of the most popular suggestions is to remove mods from PvP entirely or to let us setup some rulesets.

I think the former would be best, personally. Shouldn't be that hard, yeah?

Around a year ago at PAX, DE was introducing the Mod Card System and how it could be used to introduce brand new mods, such as mods that work specifically for PvP and PvP only. It's an interesting concept, but not an easy one.

As it is at the moment, both PvE and PvP have separate stats and are balanced on their own. That's a decent way to go about it, and it's not a revolutionary idea, either, but in the case of Warframe, I don't think it's the best. Maybe if they developed PvE and PvP equally from the very start, it could potentially be more viable, but that's not the case.

I'm totally down with removing mods.

DE is attempting to balance said PvP to where it won't be one-shot heaven. but automatically assuming it is going to be shunned is not going to help it become any more noticed. I get that warframe is a co-op game and primarily around PvE but it doesn't mean there isn't no room for PvP.

There is room and a community but this is basically saying,"Want to level that frame in a dark sector than you better PvP!", the sad part is that really isn't even worth complaining about. As it is most dark sectors run their full time due to disinterest and no pay. You tell me what happens when you combine the 2 parts of a game the over all community is least interested in?

BTW I have no reason to promote PvP in Warframe. If I want to shoot something I play Hawken.

Edited by TheGuy08

There is room and a community but this is basically saying,"Want to level that frame in a dark sector than you better PvP!", the sad part is that really isn't even worth complaining about. As it is most dark sectors run their full time due to disinterest and no pay. You tell me what happens when you combine the 2 parts of a game the over all community is least interested in?

BTW I have no reason to promote PvP in Warframe. If i want ot shoot something I play Hawken.

You have the choice of either PvEing or Pvping, they will NOT be removing the option to PvE in dark sectors. So you have nothing to worry about.

As for that hawken comment, I play many different shooters/ other types of multiplayer  games and I can say that I like variety which is why I support warframe PvP in the first place. It has the chance of becoming successful if the community gives it a try.

Most people who PvP in this game suggest taking mods off, putting on lower level weapons and going into the lowest conclave level, because it's way more fair and way more fun.

Powercreep is still an issue with weapons that extends into PvE, but the biggest complaint for PvP is about the mods. Two of the most popular suggestions is to remove mods from PvP entirely or to let us setup some rulesets.

Around a year ago at PAX, DE was introducing the Mod Card System and how it could be used to introduce brand new mods, such as mods that work specifically for PvP and PvP only. It's an interesting concept, but not an easy one.

As it is at the moment, both PvE and PvP have separate stats and are balanced on their own. That's a decent way to go about it, and it's not a revolutionary idea, either, but in the case of Warframe, I don't think it's the best. Maybe if they developed PvE and PvP equally from the very start, it could potentially be more viable, but that's not the case.

Well, it is: 

1. Not developed. 

2. Not thought through with detail. 

3. Not balanced against something else. 

So yes, that statement is a bad suggestion. 

So yes, that statement is a bad suggestion. 

Sorry, still don't see it.

PvP without mods or with rulesets is an overall more fair, more fun experience. Making it official wouldn't change the result that's already been tried and tested.

Edited by FatalX7

Have you ever played without ANY mods? It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Sorry, still don't see it.

PvP without mods or with rulesets is an overall more fair, more fun experience. Making it official wouldn't change the result that's already been tried and tested.

Until it has been thought out in detail, tested (at least in theory) and balanced, that statement in itself is still a bad suggestion. 

You have the choice of either PvEing or Pvping, they will NOT be removing the option to PvE in dark sectors. So you have nothing to worry about.

As for that hawken comment, I play many different shooters/ other types of multiplayer  games and I can say that I like variety which is why I support warframe PvP in the first place. It has the chance of becoming successful if the community gives it a try.

Ok how can it be successful as is? If we break it down and lets say DE removes the mods, removes the OP skills, and removes the one shot weapons when what are we left with? Circle strafing lokis so fast no one can hit them. So lets balanced for speed then and why not HP because as it is it really isn't a factor. What your left with is a game where everyone plays the same frame and a small number of weapons, no powers, and that is not really Warframe.

I can understand your passion for PVP here but games with PvP have to spend a great deal of time balancing. When your minority comes out the shadows they will be the first ones yelling noobs as the rest of the community roll stomps with skills. Not skill actual skills from bladestorm to stomp. 

"1500 hours and this is the only reason I play", I read from a conclave player. I commend that attitude. That being said the over all community will not follow the self imposed rules you have set upon yourself. they will not follow your etiquette. 

Please stop reading what you want to read and look around. You are in the minority. Most players already do not like these game modes. Asserting they will like it if they try it is one of the most juvenile view points you can have. It states that what you like everyone should like. Break that thought process. As it has been said time and time again to hard headed people refusing to listen. The majority of players do not want to or engage in PvP. How do we know? They do not play it. 

Just because I do not like the same flavor of ice cream as you does not mean it is bad.

I shouldn't bring up other games but GW2 (despite the genre shift) is a good example of why things like this do not mix. Early in the devs over at Anet decided to balance the game as a whole against PvP. Classes were unbalanced in PvE and no one would fix it. In stead of splitting the skills early on they patched and patched and patched killing builds along the way. In the long run Spvp is the least played mode in the game. The devs used all sorts of things to attract players but in the long run it still remained the least played mode. However, the completely unbalanced WvW remained healthy but still fell far behind the popularity of PvE.

I know the mmos genre is hated but there is something to be learned here. In most cases developing for PvE and PvP exclusively leads to great results. From Counter Strike to TF2 there is something to be said for PvP focused games. They have an audience. However, so do PvE games and this happens to be one of them. The devs tossed a bone in conclave but truth is this game is not and likely will not be a PvP giant. It has its audience.

Why should we demand a shift in focus for a game type the vast majority simply does not want or need?

Edited by TheGuy08

When did I say everyone should like it? If I implied it than I did not mean to. I know that everyone doesn't like PvP in the first place and I don't think everyone should like what I like because we all have opinions.

From what I read though since I'm the minority, what I say does not matter in your eyes.

If anything though that is a very Biased viewpoint to look from.

All I ask is to give it a chance, if it doesn't work out for you than go do what you love to do in warframe.

But shutting out a community just because the majority doesn't like what they do is just wrong.

When did I say everyone should like it? If I implied it than I did not mean to. I know that everyone doesn't like PvP in the first place and I don't think everyone should like what I like because we all have opinions.

From what I read though since I'm the minority, what I say does not matter in your eyes.

If anything though that is a very Biased viewpoint to look from.

All I ask is to give it a chance, if it doesn't work out for you than go do what you love to do in warframe.

But shutting out a community just because the majority doesn't like what they do is just wrong.

In politics and life it is bad to shut out the minority. In business no it is actually very right. If something is not wanted and would represent a waist of resources that could be placed elsewhere then yes it is sometimes a good idea to shut out the minority for being too vocal.

What you have to say has enough value to get a response which does mean something. 

Let me give you an example you have 2 types customers at an ice cream parlor. Ones who love vanilla the others chocolate. They both know you can make the flavors better but you have limited resources to work on both request. As it happens you outsell chocolate to vanilla 10 to 1. Which side do you listen to?