Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Story Trailer (Fanmade)

Shifted

I started working on this back in January, and after doing the story half of the trailer I didn't have any inspiration for how to finish it.

Today I finally sat down with it and it's done! Just in time to boost the hype for U14.

I don't consider myself an expert on creating videos but I did make some in the past, and so far I'm proud to say this is my best work.

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Shifted

The beginning and end could use some work, but the middle part was great! You could use the media used in the U14 website for more clips, especially the void .webm to suit your intro text.

EDIT: I should make one... Hmm... lol

Edited by Momoynator

I wouldn't frontload all the exposition. All of your copy is story, all of your footage is just action filler. I would source a few more of the story trailers for footage. The music feels off for a story driven trailer.

I'm repressing my inner motion graphic art director and saying...not bad.

I'm a 3 year motion graphic professional.

Edited by Hyperius

I like it a lot, but I think you should have used in game music rather that the music you used not because I don't like it but because the drums we hear in game help to set the atmosphere of the game. My opinion.

Visually I think you nailed it. 

There's not much fanmade stuff that I like, but this trailer is fine. The story is a little lacking... Maybe expand a bit in the text part, add a narration...

I did like the music, but I agree to some of the comments above, it doesn't meld well with the game atmosphere and theme.

Futhermore, there's some blank black frames between some of the scenes, i'm guessing it's some gap in the editor's timeline, no big deal really.

Keep it up!

Edit: I've never noticed Volt's Soma firing animation playing backwards in the original trailer =P

Edited by FrostOmega