Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lagoi 2.0 - Rapier Melee Weapon [Concept Art And Animations]

blazingcobalt

• 3 weeks later...

rapiers are primarily stabbing weapons but they can be used for cutting to (not cutting very deep but they can still do some slashing) so I would suggest including some small quick slashes in the animations along with the heavy stabs, they also should be much faster than most swords because rapiers are essentially the fastest of the sword family

Edited by Melos-mevim

I would suggest including some small quick slashes in the animations along with the heavy stabs, they also should be much faster than most swords because rapiers are essentially the fastest of the sword family

That could probably be done with another stance that's more focused swords small slashes.

With the design of tenno weapons like the sybaris and others it looks like we have a lot of flintlock style weapons. I really love fencing so I might be bias but it seems like a Rapier is elegant and smooth enough to fit the tenno look. I really hope this one gets noticed, +1 but I'd give +100 if I could.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I practice fencing, both modern and ancient style (and both are competitive) and WF really lack one of these

I think I can help you for the stance's combos : a combo with a feint, with 100% of proc/double damage (since you're supposed to bypass enemy guard)

Another combo that use quick little slashes somewhere in the combo to weaken enemy and then a stab

A combo that ends use with a lunge, making you dash a good distance

-Animations-

zGNh7UO.gif

Without a stance it gives three quick jabs while lunging forward. It starts with a middle jab, then aims higher, then lower.

-Information-

A weapon deals high puncture damage. The Tenno who use this are fast on their feet and retaliate with stabs and lunges.

-Stance-

-Lucent Glare-

A stance that gives the Lagoi fast, multi-hitting attacks and even stronger lunges.

would't a middle - lower - upper make more sense in making the enemy guard drop before  the theoretically most dangerous attack to the face/neck

I practice fencing, both modern and ancient style (and both are competitive) and WF really lack one of these

I think I can help you for the stance's combos : a combo with a feint, with 100% of proc/double damage (since you're supposed to bypass enemy guard)

Another combo that use quick little slashes somewhere in the combo to weaken enemy and then a stab

A combo that ends use with a lunge, making you dash a good distance

would't a middle - lower - upper make more sense in making the enemy guard drop before  the theoretically most dangerous attack to the face/neck

I'm wasn't too informative when I wrote the OP for this however...

You both bring up very good points! I could change the information for the OP but, prolly won't be making a new animation/gif.

You're welcome ^^

And you don't need to make another imagination ^^ btw, the feint would look like the tenno starting to attack on the right side at the stomach then a circular wrist movement bring the blade at the heart. I need to find a video or a .gif lol

Edited by Feuershark