Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Saw The Update 14 Highlights Vid

(PSN)The_Moustache

It looks really bad - new interface that is. My usual order of business is do a mission, then without leaving star chart quickly pop up arsenal, switch around some mods, upgrade some mods straight from the weapon loadout menu and go back to playing. They seem to have ruined it all. The interface was sluggish as is, forcing you to back all the way to main menu to visit foundry and market and now it got worse.

They posted something about running old events on PS4 to fill the void between updates. I'll take that over this abomination of an update. I mean we got machete, there's still boar, ether daggers, snipetron and a bunch of wraith and vandals - all brand new stuff for PS4 version.

Dude if you dont like the new stuff keep it to your self or if you are going to say it at least dont make it sound like a complete failure remember the devs put their heart and soul into it and they felt good about it so there is no need to go over board

I'm just saying that UI/interface change does look like failure. 

well i guess nobody can satisfy everybody. I respect your opion then but remember it was a drastic change over night and it looks overwhelming but we will get used to it

you're always gonna have a few troll-hater-crybabies. I would respect an opposing opinion more if it provided constructive criticism instead of just resorting to a generic meme and calling something a "failure'

Well I actually agree with Lord_Gremlin. I don't like the change of the UI and it seems to be a lot less well presented and harder to get a complete overview. It might look nice but when push comes to shove it really is about how it handles. They seem to have made it very similar to the Dead Space game interfaces. That might suit that game but Warframe has a lot of info through the menus and now it will involve a lot of scrolling instead.

Take a look at the foundry at 0:42 in the below video

It's now filled with 6 items that take up all the viewing space

Same with the market at 1:10 in the same video, also your warframe take up a fair bit of the view.

The star chart at 1:46 is way less intuitive and a scrolling necklace is not a upgrade from the previous star system.

Mod overview is also worse. Instead of a complete overview you now get a slanted view where your warframe takes up about 1/4 of the picture

So it might look cool and suave but I have quite a few trepidations about the new interface and I don't see how pointing that out makes one either a troll, hater or crybaby.

Edited by (PS4)SancticuS

I'm sorry I'm cynical. 10 or 12 years ago I might have been impressed by the visual bling of this new UI. But all I see now is an unnecessary redesign that makes mundane tasks take more time and button presses. Been there, seen that. And the current UI as old as it is still can easily break in myriad different ways. This is an opinion that doesn't really need a detailed explanation. Reasons for my concerns are evident.

What I will say is that it's a very common thing to insult someone you disagree with but can't really provide any solid arguments against. Unless you're just spitting in my general direction you could point out where exactly new UI makes mundane tasks of loadout management (gear swapping, mod slotting, mod fusion, foundry and market interaction) faster, more convenient, more streamlined.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Gremlin

I'm sorry I'm cynical. 10 or 12 years ago I might have been impressed by the visual bling of this new UI. But all I see now is an unnecessary redesign that makes mundane tasks take more time and button presses. Been there, seen that. And the current UI as old as it is still can easily break in myriad different ways. This is an opinion that doesn't really need a detailed explanation. Reasons for my concerns are evident.

What I will say is that it's a very common thing to insult someone you disagree with but can't really provide any solid arguments against. Unless you're just spitting in my general direction you could point out where exactly new UI makes mundane tasks of loadout management (gear swapping, mod slotting, mod fusion, foundry and market interaction) faster, more convenient, more streamlined.

Dont get your defensiveness. It is a huge change overnight so i see why most people dont like it. But still it looks good all people need to do is let time to settle in. Even if it takes more button pressing some think its more organized, like i said nobody can satisfy everybody.

The team is working on controller support for all the new UI changes.   The team will be working at full power to get U14 on PS4!

Please make it so you can visit your foundry to craft or obtain items without having to leave the team, i.e energy/health restores, derelict keys for corrupted missions, etc.

Bugs could be fixed later on and it's to be expected since it has just been released, not to mention it's from scratch as the Devs have already stated.... Complaining about it while haven't tried it for yourself is considered more of an insult to those who have worked really hard for it then giving feedback

It looks cool to me yet I wouldn't know if it's "unconvenient" till I try it so I will wait....