Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Searching Disabled?

0Pinger

I think they're doing some server-side database tidying for the forums... which is likely long overdue. With millions upon millions of posts, I can't help but imagine the database has to deal with quite a bit of strain with searches.

I think they're doing some server-side database tidying for the forums... which is likely long overdue. With millions upon millions of posts, I can't help but imagine the database has to deal with quite a bit of strain with searches.

But why now of all times? Database isn't going anywhere, so they could do it later. 

But why now of all times? Database isn't going anywhere, so they could do it later. 

Probably because the forums reached a form of critical mass with all of the users being on at the same time, all of the posts, moves, merges, et cetera. 

Earlier there were some pretty nasty SQL errors popping up all over the forums, and it was only getting worse. At least now the forums are loading and we can post/view topics.

Probably because the forums reached a form of critical mass with all of the users being on at the same time, all of the posts, moves, merges, et cetera. 

Earlier there were some pretty nasty SQL errors popping up all over the forums, and it was only getting worse. At least now the forums are loading and we can post/view topics.

I see. Didn't think of that.

This, and the flood of spam threads/posts that's contributing to the strain. Things should normalize after U14 is deployed.