Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Sentinels Worth The Platinum?

CookiezGhost

Question

16 answers to this question

Yes, honestly they are one of the very few things worth spending plat on. No question about it.

^Pretty much that.

In reality the sentinel would have costed you 35 platinum, after you think about the 20 platinum for the reactor and 20 platinum for the catalyst that it comes with.

^Pretty much that.

In reality the sentinel would have costed you 35 platinum, after you think about the 20 platinum for the reactor and 20 platinum for the catalyst that it comes with.

wait wait wait wait, a Reactor and a Catalyst it comes with ?

mine comes only with a Reactor ? o.o

wait wait wait wait, a Reactor and a Catalyst it comes with ?

mine comes only with a Reactor ? o.o

I'm guessing you got your's before the hotfix that allowed mods to be placed onto the sentinel's weapon. Just send a support ticket in and they will most likey refund you 20 platinum to buy the catalyst or do whatever with it as you please, as they did to me when I sent in a ticket.

Agreed with the poster above me. I crafted both from the BPs immediately and later reactored the wyrm. I don't think the catalyst in the pet weapon is that important, as for me its use is not so much killing things as applying freeze/electric/fire effects to things that come close to me. (freeze especially ofc :D)

the pets are definitely good though, OP. They draw a lot of fire, for a start! And they're cute :3

my advice is, buy the plat anyway but spend it on slots/catalysts for your own gear ;) and do get a pet, but whenever you can afford the construction/bp cost, instead of with the plat.

Edited by FlanShark

I'm guessing you got your's before the hotfix that allowed mods to be placed onto the sentinel's weapon. Just send a support ticket in and they will most likey refund you 20 platinum to buy the catalyst or do whatever with it as you please, as they did to me when I sent in a ticket.

ah yes i did get them before that patch, thanks !

A further reason to hold off on catalysting pet weapons is that we don't know what pet weaps are in the pipeline for future updates. (same goes for reactoring the pets themselves i guess, but reactors are easier to get from the login roulette imho and in less frequent demand)

I bought mine, and even though my Wyrm has been potatoed on his rifle, I have used all 60 mod slots. He dishes out a decent amount of damage, and is instrumental at slowing, or electrocuting enemies. He's saved my life more times than I care to remember, and actually kills alot of my enemies.

They are definitely worth it, although, I would only say the Wyrm is worth buying, because the Shades ghost still isn't working properly.

100,000 credit ++ for 75 platinum. They're the most cost-effective thing in Warframe at the moment. With drop rate of sentinel's redirection/fast deflection, they sure can tank and the AI seems to love shooting it in stead of my frame.

Guardian allows your Sentinel to instantly replenish your shield. That feature alone already worth the platinum.

100,000 credit ++ for 75 platinum. They're the most cost-effective thing in Warframe at the moment. With drop rate of sentinel's redirection/fast deflection, they sure can tank and the AI seems to love shooting it in stead of my frame.

Guardian allows your Sentinel to instantly replenish your shield. That feature alone already worth the platinum.

Guardian is well worth it, prolly the most valuable skill sentinels have. Add to the fact that you get a catalyst and reactor bundled with it - the sentinel is a very good purchase.

it's worth it imo,

plus that they comes with 2 slots .. although we don't yet know what slots are those ..

2 potatoes = 40 platinum

2 frame slots = 40 platinum

total 80 platinum ? ._.

2 potatoes = 40 platinum

2 weapon slots = 12 platinum

total 52 platinum

2 potatoes = 40 platinum

1 frame slot = 20 platinum

1 weapon slot = 6 (12) platinum

total 66 platinum

foundry "rush" not included.

-edit:

i don't think those slots are either a frame or weapon slot tho, but meh, that 2 potatoes is too good already.

Edited by Adagio