Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hysteria Deals More Damage W/ Intensify + Blind Rage But Less Dmg W/ Steel Charge + Int+Br

Ishki88

I will have details in about 5 minutes.  From the numbers I'm getting.  The best Combo is Blind Rage + Intensify WITHOUT Steel Charge.

Edit # 1

>These test were done without Steel Charge.

Test Subject: Grineer Butcher Lvl 5

Test Mode:  Solo.  

Edit # 2

I added a picture with Blind Rage + INT + Steel Charge.  And as you can see, Valk does LESS damage with all 3 mods.  Something isn't right here.

Edit # 3 

Added Steel Charge Only

zq3Wr3M.jpg

TmhAeBi.png

18Cof1x.png

Lrf8Nmi.png

VtcNTFI.png

Edited by Ishki88

Mmm it is weird, did you run the test offline? And what melee are you using? People have been reporting that some weapons aren't doing the same damage as before, and Mirage's halls of mirrors is buffed by the host when playing with others. Could just be server issues. I'd wait till things are back to normal before any serious tests are done, but interesting nevertheless.

Edited by jell09

This

No THIS was edited AFTER U13.  After U13 Blind Rage and INTENSIFY did not work with Valk.  Please do not throw links around in my thread and pretend you know what the heck you're talkin about.  Specially when I just proved THIS wrong.  >_>  

Mmm it is weird, did you run the test offline? And what melee are you using? People have been reporting that some weapons aren't doing the same damage as before, and Mirage's halls of mirrors is buffed by the host when playing with others. Could just be server issues. I'd wait till things are back to normal before any serious tests are done, but interesting nevertheless.

Solo Mode.  Dragon Nikana.  Valk and Mirage are too different frames with totally different damage multipliers.  What serious test?  You mean DE actually doing these test?  You realize they haven't tested this since she was created?  The last test they did and actually talked about was the fact removing Intensify and Blind Rage was on purpose...to do further test....and that's the last word we've heard from them...

Edit:  So you want an "online" test.  Got ya.

Actually I won't.  By doing that I would have to ask everyone what Aura's they are using to make sure it doesn't sway my test.  And I don't think I need to go that far.  I could ask my clan, but I proved my point.  The fact that she still multipliers that her ULT reflects over was the point of my topic.  Since people think the mods don't change anything.  And clearly they do.  Sadly, I don't know what DE is trying to do with her damage and I don't think they know either right now.  Either way I found the best combo for her in the mean time.  Maybe Grineeer or whoever will give her another look.

Once again they purposely removed Blind Rage and Intensify from effecting her Hysteria ever since Update 13.  You can read whatever your heart wishes on Wiki, it doesn't matter.  Currently now as of today, Hysteria is effected by those mods.  And it seems her mutliplier isn't straight-forward enough for the players to really form a optimal and concrete build with her.  

Edited by Ishki88

You did take into consideration that Hystria is now affected by the melee combo right?

Do you even know what you're trying to conclude to?  If I did take that into consideration, please tell us how that changes my results.  Because what you're asking for is completely different than what I'm proving.

Edit:  Another thing interesting.....if you're playing a public game, and someone happens to have SC Aura.  You will actually do less grey damage than the picture I posted above.  The funny thing is, you will do more crit damage though.  I might be reaching when I saw this but it seems like SC Aura might play more of a role in her Crit damage.

Edited by Ishki88

Hi have done a couple of tests myself. I made them on venus DSS on infested 20. juily 2014. I have been using a low duration setup (fleeting expertise) and only be doing singe shots waiting for hysteria to run of , killing mobs with my rifle for 20s and then launched hysteria again.

First you get a 200% damage boost in the first second of hysteria so i waited for a couple of second to start my test. PS deactivating autotarget is useful

Weapon                layout                                                                                                                                normal hit  critical hit

dual ichor              empty                                                                                                                               391        1173

dragon nikana       empty                                                                                                                               485        971

dragon nikana       pressure point                                                                                                                  679      1359

dragon nikana       empty + Fury                                                                                                                    485        971

dragon nikana       Steel charge                                                                                                                     583      1166 

dragon nikana       spoiled strike                                                                                                                     647      1294

dragon nikana       empty + intensify                                                                                                               534        1068

dragon nikana       empty + blind rage rank 7                                                                                                 601         1203

dragon nikana       channeling + Killing Blow + reflex coil                                                                                728         1456

dragon nikana       Molten impact                                                                                                                    485         971

dragon nikana       empty + channling                                                                                                             728        1456

dragon nikana       smite infested rank 2                                                                                                         485         971

dragon nikana       jagged edge                                                                                                                      485         971

dragon nikana       organ shatter                                                                                                                     485        1844

dragon nikana       pressure point + spoiled strike                                                                                           841        1681

machete                empty                                                                                                                                 372         558 

machete                empty + blind range rang 7                                                                                                406         609

dragon nikana       pressure point + spoiled strike + steel charge + intesify + blind rage lvl 7                         2342       8901

so my conclusions are :

1) the more basis damage your weapon does the more basis damage hysteria does (hysteria damage = 325 + 1.89* base weapon damage)

2) the more crit damage your weapon has the more crit damage hysteria does (same multiplier)  organ shatter work

3) Pressure point, Spoiled strike, steel charge, intensify, blind rage work

4) channeling gives you a damage buff, channeling efficiency mods work but channeling damage mods don't work

hysteria damage = 325 + 1.89 * power strength multiplier * weapon damage

PS this means that you are actually close to the stealth buff with blind rage and intensify

this means that i actually couldn't reproduce what you are saying. The steel charge damage modification i observe is not the same than yours. Do you mind testing again just the steel charge? never know if they fix something in those hot fixes without telling every thing

Edited by Aliblabla

Could DE just tell us WTH is happening with Hysteria? This is one of the only frame that has such an odd mechanic to test.

Especially when being told inconsistent things. Did DE reverse their decision about power strength mods? Or is it a bug they will quash. Does crit on weapon matter? or only crit mods affecting the innate crit of hysteria. Attack speed seems to have been removed as a factor.

DE, we don't know how this works, at all, and the things we were told are no longer accurate apparently. If you are going to change the mechanic of a frame so dramatically each update, please provide details. And for the last 3 updates it has changed. Power str mods goooood U12, Bad U13, Gooood update 14 whether intended or not. 

Hysteria is even cooler than before, but no other frame, to my knowlege, has an ability so heavily dependant not only on the frame mods, but also a weapon mod load out. So many variable, just give us the DL :)

Thanks for the hard work DE

Chris

EDIT: What about reach? So I can kill those damn ospreys.

Edited by mostlyerror

Hi have done a couple of tests myself. I made them on venus DSS on infested 20. juily 2014. I have been using a low duration setup (fleeting expertise) and only be doing singe shots waiting for hysteria to run of , killing mobs with my rifle for 20s and then launched hysteria again.

First you get a 200% damage boost in the first second of hysteria so i waited for a couple of second to start my test. PS deactivating autotarget is useful

Weapon                layout                                                                                                                                normal hit  critical hit

dual ichor              empty                                                                                                                               391        1173

dragon nikana       empty                                                                                                                               485        971

dragon nikana       pressure point                                                                                                                  679      1359

dragon nikana       empty + Fury                                                                                                                    485        971

dragon nikana       Steel charge                                                                                                                     583      1166 

dragon nikana       spoiled strike                                                                                                                     647      1294

dragon nikana       empty + intensify                                                                                                               534        1068

dragon nikana       empty + blind rage rank 7                                                                                                 601         1203

dragon nikana       channeling + Killing Blow + reflex coil                                                                                728         1456

dragon nikana       Molten impact                                                                                                                    485         971

dragon nikana       empty + channling                                                                                                             728        1456

dragon nikana       smite infested rank 2                                                                                                         485         971

dragon nikana       jagged edge                                                                                                                      485         971

dragon nikana       organ shatter                                                                                                                     485        1844

dragon nikana       pressure point + spoiled strike                                                                                           841        1681

machete                empty                                                                                                                                 372         558 

machete                empty + blind range rang 7                                                                                                406         609

dragon nikana       pressure point + spoiled strike + steel charge + intesify + blind rage lvl 7                         2342       8901

so my conclusions are :

1) the more basis damage your weapon does the more basis damage hysteria does (hysteria damage = 325 + 1.89* base weapon damage)

2) the more crit damage your weapon has the more crit damage hysteria does (same multiplier)  organ shatter work

4) channeling gives you a damage buff, channeling efficiency mods work but channeling damage mods don't work

PS this means that you are actually close to the stealth buff with blind rage and intensify

this means that i actually couldn't reproduce what you are saying. The steel charge damage modification i observe is not the same than yours. Do you mind testing again just the steel charge? never know if they fix something in those hot fixes without telling every thing

Thanks for these detailed tests! Seems like Hysterya is back to what it was before melee 2.0, base damage+crit of the weapons and base damage+crit mods  are affecting it the most, and power mods and Steel charge have less effect.

A question comes to mind as to if it's base damage, or a calculation of "damage per second" calculated on the weapon.

I guess I can do some calculating later tonight. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but strength mods haven't ever buffed Hysteria http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria

Yeah, and Hysteria didn't have a combo counter before, either. The ability changed. So... how it was before doesn't really have any bearing on it now.

so my conclusions are :

I would but after what you said I'm done.  It's just time for DE to go into detail.   Can't do this @$ no more.

Also you probably couldn't replicate my numbers because I never posted my Nikana set-up.  And sadly I don't have the same set up any more :/

Thanks for the information though, 1 million thanks